Quantcast
Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

I know I've asked this before and there is probably an answer somewhere back in the other thread but in the interest of time I'll ask again here (or in case anyone else is wondering). What are the signs your DC is ready to do the boot-camp? And, is there anywhere that has the process described online for free without having to buy an e-book?
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

Tracy We have been doing the boot-camp. If you google 3 day PTing on babycenter you will find it. Its a 3 month process.
    DS1 8.7.2007 DS2 7.20.2009 DD 5.14.2011

Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

Just looked at the 3 day potty training on babycenter. I don't think going pantless for 3 months sounds like it's for me. My friend just dropped off her Potty Scotty (Potty Training in One Day) book. Anyone else use this and did it work for you? Pros Cons?
    Dirk & Amy 9.18.04
    Aaron 3.20.07
    Sydney and Elle 5.15.09

mia We do everyting except the pantless part. We did the pantless part for the 1st week (but we also have hardwoods so it didnt matter if he had accidents).
    DS1 8.7.2007 DS2 7.20.2009 DD 5.14.2011

Quote Originally Posted by bensgirl1222 View Post
    mia We do everyting except the pantless part. We did the pantless part for the 1st week (but we also have hardwoods so it didnt matter if he had accidents).
    Yeah, this is kind of my problem with the boot camp methods that require letting them have accidents. We are all carpet aside from our tiny kitchen, and old not great carpet that honestly...I'm scared to wash because not only would the water it pulled up make me gag but I'm kind of afraid the carpet itself would disintegrate to some degree. BUT, that said, we are planning on getting new carpet next year before the end of summer (paint the interior, then get the new carpet). That might be a good time, just before we do that.

I am ready to join the thread. I'm so clueless as to how to approach PTing. DD just turned 2 and has good communication skills, plus tells me all the time when she is pooping or peeing (wants privacy when she poops and tells me to "leave her alone and go away"). She also is waking up mostly dry from her naps.

Today she said, "Mommy, I want to go poo poo in the potty." I said OK, great! C'mon, let's go. She then immediately said NOOOOO. What am I supposed to do? Gently insist on the potty? Just ignore it and wait until she does it herself? Gah! How do you START?
    "Every man is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him" - Emerson

We're not officially starting for another week and a half. But DS yesterday asked to go to his poopy place (meaning he needs privacy to go) and I asked him if he'd go on his potty. He said ok, sat down and said "it's not coming". Then I remembered something my friend told me. Her son would only squat to poop and wouldn't sit. So I asked DS to squat and he did and isntantly he was saying "It's COMING MOMMY!!!" he was so excited. So for those who have issues with pooping...try squating. It worked for us
    Dirk & Amy 9.18.04
    Aaron 3.20.07
    Sydney and Elle 5.15.09

Quote Originally Posted by wendalah View Post
    Today she said, "Mommy, I want to go poo poo in the potty." I said OK, great! C'mon, let's go. She then immediately said NOOOOO. What am I supposed to do? Gently insist on the potty? Just ignore it and wait until she does it herself? Gah! How do you START?

Our first successes where when DD was in the bathroom (naked) while we get ready in the am or for bed.... I stall - brush my teeth too etc. and one day I turned around and she was sitting and peeing!

We also read - a LOT in the bathroom!
    Tara and Terry: May 13, 2006
    Elizabeth Vittoria: December 21, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lil_geek View Post
    Our first successes where when DD was in the bathroom (naked) while we get ready in the am or for bed.... I stall - brush my teeth too etc. and one day I turned around and she was sitting and peeing!

We also read - a LOT in the bathroom!
    This is how we do it also, lots of reading and "stalling". DD is also much more interested in sitting on her potty in the bathroom is I sit on the "big potty" too. Also, might be TMI but she seems to pee more often if she hears me pee too. Mental trigger I guess.

My Mom (a special ed teacher) called the other day and asked me to send her a picture of DD sitting on the potty, and 5 pictures of some incentive or reward I want to use (2 treats and 3 activities) so she can make an official potty chart for her. Then when she comes over Christmas we will go to Toys R Us and buy DD a nice potty, one with a lid and flush handle etc. and wrap it up like in the Once Upon a Potty book (which we read all the time). I will use this as official "we are really potty training" time. I will replace the little plastic potty in the bathroom with the new potty.