Quantcast
Page 3 of 473 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jesseybell View Post
    I have been eyeing the learning tower for over a year now - I am just not sure where we will put it when it isn't in use.
    I HIGHLY recommend the collapsible Learning Tower. The original is really big and bulky, but the one we got last year collapses down so easily. I just keep it in my pantry or laundry room (right off the kitchen) when not in use. My 3.5 year old got it last year (when she turned 3) and she LOVES it. We call it the "Tower of Terror" because she drags it out and you know she's up to no good! Seriously though, she's petite and step-stools aren't enough for her. She'll be using this Tower for a while. We love it!
    sugar, spice & everything nice...
    8/03 & 12/05
    snips, snails & puppy dog tails...3/10

DD will be 3 in January.

learning tower I've been looking at it too. We have folding 3 step stool DD currently uses as her "ladder" but I'd like something a bit more stable. I'm trying to convince DH to replicate a learning tower but somehow retrofit it so it folds up when not in use. Or I might just get this Kitchen Helper It folds up!

I'm thinking DD will get a digital camera. She loves to take pictures. I just need to decide if I'm going to do the Fisher Price kid version or just buy a cheap regular digital camera.

I'm also putting this computer on her wishlist.

I've pretty much told friends and family that she doesn't need anything. Savings Bonds/cash are always welcome. But people still insist on getting her something to open. So books, art supplies and play food will be on the list too.

Just a plug for the Learning Tower. DD1 got it for Christmas when she was 18mos. It is used every single day; she loves to climb up and ask "is there anything I can help with?" It does get a little annoying when I just want to get dinner made, but I'm glad she likes to participate. She also tries different foods up there that she wouldn't necessarily eat on her plate and more often than not, she'll eat a raw veggie or piece of meat (cooked!) while up there so I can add that to her intake.

Ever since DD2 could pull-up she has made it her life's work to get into the Tower. Soon, soon she'll be in there too.

Oh, and when we first got it, we had to move it back and forth every time DD wanted to use it. It was a pain for sure, but we wouldn't have had anywhere to put a folding one either. We've redone our kitchen and it lives on the other side of the island - no bar stools in favor of the tower.

Question - what do you do for the kid who has everything? My 2 DD's are 3 years apart..almost exactly. So, I have every possible toy that a 3 YO would want (not kidding - both set of families have spoiled us rotten) and all the clothes you could imagine.

What do I do for DD#2? Her birthday is coming up and the thought of more toys coming into the house makes me want to hurl. We have no room. I hate that everything she gets is hand-me-down but she doesn't know the difference. People have asked me for gift suggestions and I cannot think of a single thing.
    A&K 05.18.02
    Baby Girl 09.06.05... Angel Baby Oct 2007... Baby Girl 10.21.08
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

6 y.o. girl:
    - Book w/jump rope rhymes
    - Charm Bracelet

Oooo, more info, please. What is the jump rope book called, etc? I'm also interested in the charm bracelet.

Question - what do you do for the kid who has everything?
    Exactly. We have 3 girls, 32 months apart. We have EVERYTHING for a girl 5 and under. Plus, we don't need more stuff. I'm trying to think of long term items or things you use up. Some ideas: new shoes, fun winter hats, fun toothbrushes, coloring books, ice cream gift cards, tickets to play/movies, year membership to the museum....those types of things.
    EJM - 1.9.05 | CLM - 5.9.06 | MEM - 9.27.07

Quote Originally Posted by mamax2 View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend the collapsible Learning Tower. The original is really big and bulky, but the one we got last year collapses down so easily. I just keep it in my pantry or laundry room (right off the kitchen) when not in use. My 3.5 year old got it last year (when she turned 3) and she LOVES it. We call it the "Tower of Terror" because she drags it out and you know she's up to no good! Seriously though, she's petite and step-stools aren't enough for her. She'll be using this Tower for a while. We love it!
    Thank you! I hadn't looked for it in a year since they came out with the folding one. And now it matches our kitchen (dorky I know). Guess they are called "The Kitchen Helper" now. Definitely on our list. Though it may appear before Xmas - with Thanksgiving and holiday baking, there may be a need.

ETA: I see, the Kitchen Helper is the collapsible one. The Learning Tower still exists. I liked how the Learning Tower was okay for 2 kids, but with the kids being 2.5 years apart and the space limitations, the Kitchen Helper looks perfect for us.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Quote Originally Posted by LeighW View Post
    Oooo, more info, please. What is the jump rope book called, etc? I'm also interested in the charm bracelet.
    Sure!

Here's the book (but there are others):

The charm bracelets are made by charm-it.com - I bought them from a local toy/book shop, but I think you can order directly. They are very reasonably priced and the bracelets are lightweight and adjustable. The charms are really cute and there is a good selection. I especially like that they are often dimensional (not a flat picture, kwim?) and enameled on both sides. Really nice quality and the shop owners tell me the the ladies who make them are really great too!
    sugar, spice & everything nice...
    8/03 & 12/05
    snips, snails & puppy dog tails...3/10

Another positive review for the Learning Tower (or the 'Tower of Power' as DH calls it). We have the original and keep it out all the time at our island. DD loves being able to help with everything from cooking to emptying grocery bags or just standing there coloring while I cook. It's one of the best things we've bought.

Bloomwood - I'll give you a review after this weekend. DD too plays with it every time we go to a toy store that has one and she is not a big toy kid in general. I'm just hoping she likes it as well at home. She likes the doll house at PBK too but not as much as the CC one. Plus, the critters are really cute and I love that you can buy so many accessories for it - for Christmas, she'll definitely be getting the working chandelier.

I'd forgotten about Highlights magazine. I'll add that to the Christmas list as well since she's loved it when we bought individual issues.

For non-toy related items, I'd forgotten that we're getting tickets to see the Nutcracker. She loves listening to the music and makes me tell the story over and over again. So I thought we'd get all dressed up, go have high tea and then see the ballet.
    Marriage - 10/12/2003
    Lily - 9/26/2006

What do you get for the kids who have everything?
    I usually suggest art supplies - paints, playdoh, fresh new crayons and markers. I'm also of the opinion that one can never have too many books , so I'll make a list of favorites that we've repeatedly taken out of the library but would love to own.