Quantcast
Page 2 of 473 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Some sort of baby doll stuff like a diaper changing set and mini carrier
    We bought a set sort of like this when DD was 2Y (but cheaper -- maybe $25-40?). Our girls play with this daily. Costco has a similar set.

EJM - 1.9.05 | CLM - 5.9.06 | MEM - 9.27.07

We're also trying to buy less "things" this year. I'm tossing around a few ideas mostly including tickets to upcoming shows in our city and a possible weekend to NYC to see Mary Poppins and maybe go to the American Girl cafe. It's a nice option since it's not too far away (doable by car) and we can stay with family, so no hotel costs.

Quote Originally Posted by jay&erinn View Post
    We're also trying to buy less "things" this year. I'm tossing around a few ideas mostly including tickets to upcoming shows in our city and a possible weekend to NYC to see Mary Poppins and maybe go to the American Girl cafe. It's a nice option since it's not too far away (doable by car) and we can stay with family, so no hotel costs.
    How old for a trip to American Girl? I thought about that too, but was afraid we'd then be expected to buy the dolls, kwim? My DH's family lives right outside of the city so, like you, we could drive, stay with them, etc. Mary Poppins is a good idea too. I might suggest that to my ILs as their gift to the kids.
    sugar, spice & everything nice...
    8/03 & 12/05
    snips, snails & puppy dog tails...3/10

DS1 is easy. Cars or Thomas and he's happy. His list is a mile long. lol So far we have bought a Tag Reader and the Cars book for the Tag Reader. Some GeoTrax tracks. Various books. I really want to get him a Leapster, hopefully someone in the family will buy him one.

DS2-no idea. We have so many baby/toddler toys. He needs nothing. I just told DH that I want to get nothing else and buy the $399 swing set TRU has on sale right now for both boys. I don't know where the hell we'd keep it until Christmas, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mamax2 View Post
    How old for a trip to American Girl?
    We just went this past weekend. I had as much fun as DD. DD is 4 and into the bitty baby right now, but she loved looking at all the American girl stuff as well. I think any girl would love going...there is something for everyone. I have dd prepped to say "can we put this on my christmas/birthday list" so she doesn't expect things. They do have books, movies, mini dolls, I even saw an accessory pack that dd would love playing with now, so you don't have to feel like you need to buy the dolls.
    Last edited by Traciann; 09-24-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Married 11.23.02
    Mama 4.26.05 and 12.12.08!

Quote Originally Posted by larslobster View Post
    DD's birthday is on Saturday and she's getting the Calico Critters dollhouse. We bought some furniture and a family to start her off but for Christmas, we'll probably add to the set.
    Has she played with this before or do you have friends with it? DD plays with it at a local store and absolutely loves it, but I don't know if its because it's the only dollhouse she's ever played with (besides LP) or if it's really that great. I'm thinking of getting it as a stop finger-sucking reward or for Christmas. Would you mind reporting back? (I might just bug you about it even). Thanks.

All this magna-tile talk, I'm thinking it'll be a gift for DD2. She's also getting a Tripp Trapp chair for our dining room to match DD1's.

Beyond that, I'm stumped. Which is problem since I need to give ILs an idea.

It's time to think about the holidays already?! Bah humbug!

The only ideas I can think of are:

DD1 (will be 6 in December)
    - new scooter (she has one, but it's 3-wheeled and she wants 2-wheeled)
    - roller skates or in-line skates (not sure which she should start with if she's never tried skating before. Any thoughts?
    - National Geographic Kids Magazine or Highlights
    - new art supplies

DD2 (will be one month shy of 3 at Christmas)
    - Highlights High Five Magazine
    - new art supplies
    - personalized art apron (DD1 already has one)
    - games and puzzles
    - ???????
    DD#1 12/17/03
    DD#2 1/23/07

Boilermaker- What is a learning tower? I just googled it and all that seemed to come up is a giant step stool.
    Betsy and Dave, married 10/18/03
    Amelia Claire 3/4/07
    Nathan Edward 3/10/10

That is all it is. Since we do so much cooking, I think it will come in very handy. I am thinking about buying the kit that converts it to a puppet theater as well so she can play with it also. I figure I can use it over the next 3+ years for her to be in the kitchen, at the sink, etc.

I have been eyeing the learning tower for over a year now - I am just not sure where we will put it when it isn't in use. DD is 3 and is eager to be in the kitchen more - she keeps going and getting her step-stool from the bathroom but it isn't quite high enough.

I am still not sure with her. She has so much stuff and she isn't home a lot to play with it. I want to get her a dollhouse but I think I will wait until at least her 4th birthday - though Santa brought mine so it may wait a year.

Ideas for DS are hard as well. We have a lot of toddler toys and I can get him a couple cars/boy things, but then his birthday is 3 months later. me, DD, and DH all have summer birthdays so having a birthday even 3 months later is so new to me.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09