Quantcast
Page 1 of 473 1231151101 ... LastLast

Default Kids Gift Ideas - By Age

Care to share your holiday wish list or purchases?

Please post the age (range).
    EJM - 1.9.05 | CLM - 5.9.06 | MEM - 9.27.07

On our wish list:
    Age Range: 2 to almost 5Y
    * Magnatiles, if I can stomach the price
    * If no magnatiles - some sort of building set (legos, wedgits)
    * Coloring Books - Blues Clues (2Y old), Max & Ruby (3Y old), Princess (all)
    * eeboo - matching game & dominoes
    * Anything Ariel (my 2Y old is WILD about the Little Mermaid)
    * Games

I've already picked up:
    * Max plush doll

* Tinkertoys

* Giant size princess coloring mat (something along these lines)

* K'nex Elmo set (my 4Y loves another set at g'ma's house)

Some faves from past holiday/birthdays:
    * Learning Resources (probably our favorite brand of toys) - Ages: 1-4 - Counting Cookies, Color Cupcakes and the favorite Shape Cupcakes, food sets

* Melissa & Doug - Ages: 2-5Y - Slice & Bake Cookies, Cutting Veggie set
    * Little People (big favorite over the years) - Ages: 1-3Y - In order of popularity: Farm, House, Car, Amusement Park, preschool (preschool hardly ever gets played with - although they love the playground equipment it came with)
    * Loving Family House + People + rooms - Ages: 3Y+ - this is gaining in popularity as the girls get older and "outgrow" little people
    * Play Foam - Ages: 2Y+
    * Play Doh (hate that moon sand stuff) - Ages: 18M+ (supervised for under 3Y?)
    * Signing Time DVDs
    * Princess Movies - Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty - Would not get: Snow White, 101 Dalmations for our age group (2-4Y)
    Last edited by marchfamily; 09-24-2009 at 11:51 AM.

I think I'll break down and get my 4 year old a Leapster.

I have no clue for DD1, who is 7. Maybe a Playmobil set?

No ideas for the younger 2. They have every toy ever, they need nothing.
    DD-8, DD-5, DS-2, DD-1

Noah is 5. He wants playmobil. Specifically the pyramid and the police headquarters. We'll be buying him one, and the other will go on his list. There's also a couple of tub toys he wants. He'll probably get some games, etc too.

Noah's much easier than Daniel. We already have all the good toys for a 2 year old, so it's hard to come up with new ones.
    Emily mom to Noah - 4/04 & Daniel - 9/07

DD's birthday is on Saturday and she's getting the Calico Critters dollhouse. We bought some furniture and a family to start her off but for Christmas, we'll probably add to the set.

The only other thing I can think of right now is a board game like Candyland. Oh, and definitely some Hello Kitty items if her obsession continues.

DH wanted the giant Playmobile animal clinic set that FAO Schwartz carried last year but I still don't think DD is old enough for that so he can't buy it yet under that guise that it's for her.
    Marriage - 10/12/2003
    Lily - 9/26/2006

Are playmobil like little people or loving family people? These seem so popular, but worry it would be a bit redundant with the loving family bits we have going on.

IMO, playmobil arent' really like either. Sure, there are people. But they're not just people - there's zookeepers, pilots, firefighters, barbarians (yes, I'm not joking), etc, etc, etc. And all the "houses" and stuff to go along with it. The opportunities for play are incredible, as is the attention to detail. Noah has the airplane - and there's tiny plastic toilet paper in the bathroom. He's got the feeding station for the zoo, and in addition to the tons of types of food for the animals, it also came with animal poop (or at least that's what I assume it is). The details in the sets are incredible, and really enhance the play, IMO.
    Emily mom to Noah - 4/04 & Daniel - 9/07

We're trying to cut down on "things" this year. I think DH and I will get swim lessons for DD as a gift. We might look into dance/gymnastics lessons as well.

Since I know my mom is not going to be able to resist buying them something we are talking about a two-seater wagon. DS will be almost a year at Xmas and DD will be almost 3. I think they could use that together for walks or at the zoo.

Last year we bought on Amazon's super sale a life-size doll house thingy. That will be DD's big gift from us, either for birthday or Xmas. I think DS's big gift will be his new car seat. Gotta love presents for a 1 year old.
    New Year, New Baby
    DD - 01/04/07 DS - 01/29/09

What I've purchased so far:

3.5 y.o. girl:
    (this is her 'big gift')

- Berenstein Bears collection
    - Big Sister Book
    - Big Sister T-shirt
    - Charm Bracelet

Stocking stuffers: wet bag/tote (for swimsuits, etc., rolls into a cute little pouch), bubble bath/shower gel

6 y.o. girl:
    - Book w/jump rope rhymes
    - Charm Bracelet
    - Big sister t-shirt (will order soon)
    - Riding helmet (will order soon)

Stocking stuffers: horse socks, wet bag/tote (for swimsuits, etc., rolls into a cute little pouch), bubble bath/shower gel

Does anyone have a preference for Playmobile vs Mighty World? Our local toy shop carries MW, which is why I bought that (plus it was horse themed which my girls are into), but I don't know anyone who personally has it.
    sugar, spice & everything nice...
    8/03 & 12/05
    snips, snails & puppy dog tails...3/10

2.5 yo girl

Her big gift is a Learning Tower
    Also a set of Magnatiles
    Books, books and more books. I'm planning to leave most of her board books in the nursery, so we'd like to pick up a ton for her big girl room.
    Puzzles
    Some sort of baby doll stuff like a diaper changing set and mini carrier
    Signing Times DVDs

ILs like a suggestion for a big gift from them but I haven't thought of one yet. Big gift from my parents is usually tickets to something (last year was a night at an indoor water park). I might ask them for Sesame Street live this year.