Quantcast
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I just ordered DS' Halloween costume. He is going to be a turtle from One Step Ahead. It was on sale too - bonus!

Of course, now I am trying to figure out how I can incorporate the whole family into a costume theme. haha
    The best things in life aren't things.

I love One Step Ahead's Halloween Costume. We've gotten DS's costumes from there for the past 2 years and I've been really happy with the price and quality.

DD will be Tinker Bell this year:

http://www.disneystore.com/tinker-be...00395+1000772/

and DS will be a pirate:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...mSource=Search

If DD were older, I would've bought the PBK ladybug outfit in a heartbeat. I may buy it in a bigger size if it goes on sale, it's soo cute.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...-tutu-costume/
    "Fashion passes, style remains" --Co Co Chanel
    www.fashiongalindc.

Is anyone else thinking about Halloween yet?

DD wants to be Cinderella and I can't think of anything for DS to be other than a mouse. I kind of wanted to do matching, but may have to scrap that idea. It's usually still hot here at Halloween and most every mouse costume I see will probably be too hot for our weather.
    DD Feb '08
    DS June '11
    DD Jan '15

ODD has begged to be Rapunzel. My aunt is making her the costume. It's more than the cheap-y costumes in the store but less than the "official" one from Disney. I'm thinking YDD might be a monkey, a clown or a pirate. The pirate stuff I've seen is cute, but then I'm worried ODD will want to be a pirate after my aunt made the dress.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Dd wants to be a ghost. I am big on letting my dd choose what she wants to be, but she hates things on top of and over her face, so I am 99.9% sure she won't wear a ghost costume for more than a few minutes. We actually have a ghost costume in her dress up bin and she doesn't wear it for long. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Dd wants to be a ghost. I am big on letting my dd choose what she wants to be, but she hates things on top of and over her face, so I am 99.9% sure she won't wear a ghost costume for more than a few minutes. We actually have a ghost costume in her dress up bin and she doesn't wear it for long. What should I do?
    Put the sheet over her shoulders like a cape, and then get a white hat? Or you could go white shirt, white tutu, white tights, white hat. Last year DD was a "scary chipmunk" so I made her costume and then she wore a name tag that said "Hello my name is scary chipmunk" -- you could always go the name tag route!

Kids' costumes are already in.

6yo - Daphne
    3yo - Shaggy
    3.5 mo - Scooby
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

3yo-either Buzz LY, Captain A Or Spiderman...I have all 3 costumes. Don't want him to wear anything warm, since we'll be on vacation in hot weather for Halloween this year.

DD really wants to be a frog but won't let me anywhere near her face with face paint. I found a cute, easy do it yourself frog costume online, but it just won't be the same without the green face. All the cute frog costumes to buy are for toddlers/babies and the "frog" costumes for 4 yrs and up are the slightly street walker looking ones. On that note, why are all the K-tween costumes so sleezy looking? I don't get it.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

DS1 wants to be a firefighter. My mom is going to buy him the nice Melissa & Doug fireman dress-up set for his birthday, he is obsessed with firefighters and will probably wear it several times per week all year so I want it to last. I am going to dress DS2 as a dalmation to go with it, haven't found a costume yet though.

DD wants to be a cowgirl. She already has most of what she needs and I think I'm going to buy her real cowgirl boots since she is about to start riding lessons. Even if she changes her mind on the costume she'll still use the boots.