Quantcast
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

katie Yay that he finally started walking! We are still breastfeeding as well, Rachel is a little boob monster so I don't think we'll be giving it up any time soon. At home she nurses on demand, plus gets a sippy cup (maybe 4-6 oz?) of whole milk with supper and sometimes lunch, and water the rest of the time. Not sure what/how much she gets at daycare, as our dcp supplies her own.
    Angel baby 1/08
    Rachel Yvonne is here! 6/15/09
    ajb92504 on LJ

Yeah that he's walking Katie!
    DD gets two bottles of whole milk now. One at lunch and one after dinner and each is 8 oz but she doesn't always finish them. She used to get three bottles but has refused the morning bottle so we just cut it out. She gets enough dairy through cheese, yogurt... She flat out refuses to drink milk from a sippy cup so that's why she still gets bottles. I'm not too worried about it because she only gets two. Her Ped wants her to be off the bottles by now, but I'm picking my battles with DD. She gets juice in the morning with her vitamins and probiotics and then it's water the rest of the day.
    In the cone of uncertainty
    On the LJ

BUMP!

Hi ladies - just checking in to see how you are all doing. Can you believe our little ones will be turning 2 in a couple of months? What do you all have planned for any birthday parties.

AFM - work has been crazy and I can't settle on a theme. I had everything planned last year, but I'm at a loss for this year. On top of that my DH is turning 40 in August.

Sydney is growing like a weed and has such a personality. She definitely has begun to show her temper but for the most part she is great! Her vocabulary is increasing and she stays active. Her daycare has started the potty training process. So she does very well during the day. But at home, she is in the routine to find the potty after she eats but does not sit still long enough. Fun times!
    Join Relay For Life online! Visit http://www.relayforlife.org/ today.

njdiva Sounds like Sydney is doing well!

Birthday party: I actually have a ton of the ladybug themed paper plates, napkins, etc left over from her 1st birthday so I think we're just going to repeat that theme. Maybe we'll just do bugs in general and add in some butterflies and bumblebees or something to make it a bit different.

Things have been going well here for the most part. Rachel still isn't sleeping worth beans. She ends up in our bed and DH sleeps on the couch every night, ugh. We've tried everything we can think of, but nothing seems to work.
    She is still nursing also. She loves her boobie milk! I plan on letting her self wean, unless my cycles don't start up in the next few months (we would like to start TTC #2).
    She is learning a lot of words. We switched daycares a few months ago and she is really blossoming at the new one. (they do a lot more hands-on activities, crafts, parties, etc instead of just letting the kids just have free play all day every day.) She can count to 10 and sing the abc's and twinkle twinkle, and name most of her body parts.
    We have a potty chair but she hasn't gone potty in it yet. She will sit on it clothed, but if I set her on it naked she panics. I'm not going to push it yet because she still doesn't show any readiness signs like letting us know when she's wet or dirty. Some day she'll use it I'm sure!
    Her best friend is our dog Oscar, and she likes the cats too. She loves to play babies and is always wrapping them up in blankets or tucking the dog in with blankets too.

Angel baby 1/08
    ajb92504 on LJ

Hi fellow mama's! Our little ones are turning 2 soon! How are you all doing? Anyone still around?
    Little G is doing well. I've had her in a parent/child gym class since last Fall and she's really starting to blossom in it. We signed up for the Summer session for consistency. I also have her in a parent/child swim class that meets 4 days a week for two weeks. I'm hoping to continue swim lessons for her after that. Just weighing my options.

She's quite the talker and is putting together 3-5 word sentences. She also is doing well with her Spanish and knows a few words in Mandarin. She loves to sing and dance and be outside despite our horridly hot weather. We spend a lot of time down on the island at my parents bay house and she loves it there. We take her to the beach and aquarium and for milk shake treats in the older part of the city.

Last weekend we moved her to a big girl bed. We decided to skip the toddler bed and go straight to her full size (convertible crib) bed and she loves it. She's doing very well in it much to our relief. We did this so she won't have to sleep in the PnP at my parents.

We've decided not to do a big party like we did last year for her birthday. I think I'm going to have a milk and cookies party and invite our playgroup. Just something small.

We've been discussing potty training more. She has not. She's gone twice in her potty but that's it. We haven't been very consistent with it, though. I'm currently making cloth training pants to help with the transition. I don't want to start until I get a few made so maybe next month?
    In the cone of uncertainty
    On the LJ

Let's talk potty training! Anyone started yet? We are going to take it really, really slow!

Hi all!
    Can you believe we have 2 year olds?

potty training We've had a potty chair for a while, and she will sit on it clothed and say potty, but doesn't like to sit on it naked and has yet to actually potty in it. I'm not going to push it yet. She isn't showing readiness signs like alerting us when she needs changing or anything like that, so right now it's there if she wants to sit on it, but I'm not making her.
    Update:
    Rachel is talking up a storm and picking up new words left and right. She loves the dog and cats. In fact, we had a kitty and puppy themed birthday party because of that. She is always giving us hugs and kisses, and is just a sweetheart! Sleep still sucks though. She takes a nap in the afternoon, and it's a struggle to get her to bed at night, and she is usually up somewhere between 12 and 2am and climbs into bed with us. She is still nursing as well, she will go to our chair and ask me "milk please!" She loves playing with her baby dolls and is always covering them up with blankets or carrying them around.
    She is about 26# (as of when she went to the doctor with a uti a couple weeks ago) and not sure on height (we'll find out at her well child visit in a couple weeks.) She wears 3T tops and 2T bottoms and size 4 diapers and size 5 shoes.
    Some pics from her party last week:

We got her this play kitchen

Her birthday cakeI made
    Angel baby 1/08
    ajb92504 on LJ

Hi everyone! I thought I would stop in, I haven't been on CC in a long time. Gabriel is doing well. He is a very sweet child. We're still having speech issues at 4.5, but other than that he's doing great! Can't believe he will be five soon.
    Benjamin 05.16.07
    Gabriel 7.9.09
    Toby 7.18.11

Wow, I haven't been on CC forever either! Just got this notice in my email...

Rachel is doing really well..... except sleep still sucks, lol. I still have to sleep with her most nights. No wonder we haven't had baby #2, lol!
    She loves our cats, and all things baby, princess, and polly pocket. She is always singing songs from Frozen or the ABC's. She is in preschool 3 mornings a week, and she has kindergarten screening on the 11th! Yikes!!!
    Angel baby 1/08
    ajb92504 on LJ

Oh wow.. This is crazy.. I just got an email about this.. So funny I started thinking everything that has happend since this.
    Jackson Forest born 6/4/09 9lbs 1/2 oz 22.5 inches long,
    Savannah Catherine Rose born 2/9/12