Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I figure I'll finally make it to check in on the new thread.

Ayla's doing well. She talks NON-STOP! Everyone comments on how much she talks. I feel bad for strangers that approach her since they get sucked into her conversations about the princesses and her dolls that are waiting for her at home, and what she wants Santa to bring her, etc, etc. And the more tired she gets, the more and louder she talks. By bedtime I'm ready for earplugs. Her newest thing is asking me how to spell everything (any word she can think of). Than she rattles off a bunch of letters and asks me what it spells, and then wants to know why it doesn't spell anything. She's really exhausting some days, but incredibly funny. Her and Mia gets along really well most days, and Ayla really misses her sister now that Mia is in school full time.

Preschool- We didn't send her this year, since we didn't want the teachers to hate us quite yet Although she follows directions really well, I don't think she has enough self control to not talk constantly in class yet. I didn't want her first school experience to be full of negatives so we decided another year of maturity would go a long way for her. Plus, in our area, a June birthday is REALLY young. Mia is a sept birthday and there are 4 kids out of 14 that are older than her in kindergarten. Ayla would be way too young for her class. Add to that how tiny she is- most people think she's only around 2.5, and we kept her home.

Wow, it's been a really long time here, too. So good to see and hear about all of these awesome 3 year olds we have! Micah is doing great, enjoying baby brother Silas who arrived in July. He's not going to preschool this year since we're leaning toward homeschooling in the future. I'm not sure I want to put him in preschool and then take him out for kindy, but we'll see. The other thing is that my sister is the teacher of the preschool we would send him to, so I'm not sure how well listening and following directions would go with Aunt Jen (the world's biggest pushover when it comes to Micah ) as the teacher.

He's been fully potty-trained since January, although he still had some regression after the baby came. A little bribery by the way of a sticker chart seems to have gotten things back on track.

And his emotions have definitely been quite dramatic since he turned 3. We never had to deal with too many meltdowns before, but sometimes his emotional state seems about as stable as a 13 year old girl right now. Oy. But he's a loving and fun boy and he loves his little brother. Hopefully that will still be true when his little brother becomes a little more of a force to be reckoned with.

Stevie: Micah had a spiderman birthday with a cake just like that one! I'm not sure where his spiderman obsession came from. He goes back and forth between spidey and buzz lightyear right now.

Babylust: Your girls are so precious.

KmMommy: Good to hear from you!

Shaq: Javan looks so big in that picture!

JayErinn: Micah is a talker, too, but not to strangers. He's more likely to turn his back on someone he doesn't know well than to say hello.

Here is a pic of my big boy with his brother in blue (almost 2 months at the time) and cousin in camo (1 month):

Mr. and Mrs. Graffy established February 2005
    Baby Boy #1 arrived June 2006 and Baby Boy #2 arrived July 2009!

Angel Baby June '08

bumping this up to wish our 3.5yr old (yikes) a merry christmas! hope you all are enjoying time with your families while celebrating this wonderful season

we are having TONS of fun. Javan is a riot! In a good way of cos. He is full of conversation, extremely observant and very helpful. He loves his baby sister and is extremely possessive and protective of her. I feel really bad for her when she grows up! But I love it. I absolutely love watching him develop his relationship with her. He is 3 so of cos sharing doesnt come so easy, esp when its his trains or cars she is after. Never a dull moment here for sure!

graffy and steviem - beautiful boys!

Would love to hear from you all ... pls post an update when you have a chance!

are any of you on LJ?
    v&j: jan 2004
    ds: 5 june 2006
    dd: 1 may 2009

Hi everyone,

It seems like I'm never on CC anymore - unless I need a recipe. The kids are doing very well and had a blast opening gifts tonight! The girls got an amazing wooden kitchen, lots of wooden food, new Radio Flyer trikes and the list goes on. They were so excited! DS got a lot of wonderful gifts too.

M is doing so well. She goes to special needs pre-school 4 mornings/week and is Miss Popular. She has this magic about her that just attracts and wins over everyone. DS's little friends always gather around her, strangers come up to her everywhere - it's strangely amazing. She hugs servers at restaurants and is just a sweetie pie. Don't mean to brag (hope no one takes it that way) but I just find it amazing how many people she wins over with a smile and "hi."

Hope you all have a great holiday!

V - Your kids are beautiful! Glad Javan is doing so well with his sister. I'm on LJ though I'm not great about posting. I'd love to keep in touch on LJ. I'm kms03 over there.
    Boy - 8/04 : Girl - 6/06 : Girl - 2/08

Hi ladies.

It's been forever since I've been here but we have been super busy. Brian did leave on August 29th for Iraq. It was a very hard day to begin with but got even worse when we had to rush Troi to the urgent care because he broke his arm :/ So he was in a cast for 6 weeks after that and it was a very rough 6 weeks with the cast and him not understanding but we made it through that.

Troi is in a regular preschool right now but I'm trying to get him moved into a special needs preschool. He's in a room with 13 other kids and 1 teacher so he's not getting the attention he needs and is having problems. We are on the waiting list for this school and will hopefully be in by the end of January.

Nikolas is doing good too in kindergarten. He's learning how to spell words so I basically can't spell anything I want to hide in front of him. Just another hazzard of growing up lol.

Brian is doing good in Iraq. He's bored because it's the same routine but he said time is flying by for him. I wish it was for me, it seems like this is taking forever :/

As for me, back in October I joined a gym, got a personal trainer and started weight watchers. As of December 7th I had lost 10 pounds but then had to stop everything because I finally had my much needed long awaited breast reduction surgery. So these past 3 weeks have been super painful but so far well worth it. I am soooo much smaller and perky.

And in general, right now the plan is for me to take the boys over to Germany in March when Brian gets vacation and he'll meet us there. We're still not 100% sure on that though, he might come home for the week. We have to decide what we're going to do. And even though this deployment is taking forever, it is doing what it was meant to do, we have paid down our debt by $10k in 4 months. We will have everything paid off by the time he gets home and some put into savings. So we do miss each other, but it is working.

Here are the latest pictures.
    ~~Lorraine, Mom to Nikolas 8/30/04, Troi 5/20/06 and 3 angels...
    "It is most difficult to say goodbye, when you never had the chance to say hello."

its been a long time since anyone has posted in here! Hope everyone is doing great and enjoying your little 4yr olds!!! I cannot believe my little man is 4 now. Seriously blows my mind. Javan is doing great ... I love having conversations with him and he is just such a great helper and is wonderful with his baby sis. Its awesome watching the two of them play. We are having a pretty good summer and just got back from our family trip to Disney - this was Javan's birthday present. Earlier this year he wouldnt stop talking about going to Disney and the beach and that was all he wanted for his birthday and so we go to planning and thats what we did as our family vacation. It was wonderful!

here's a pic from his birthday (5 June)

and at Disney

hope everyone is doing great!

Just wanted to pop on to say hello since I'm never on CC anymore. Julia turned 4 on the 29th and she's such a spunky little girl. she's writing her name and absolutely ADORES her brother.

We had some family portraits done a couple weeks ago so I thought I'd drop off a few of those. I love seeing how everyone's "babies" are growing up.

Wife 6.22.02
    Baby Girl 6.29.06 * Baby Boy 12.5.08 * Bonus Baby Boy #2! EDD 10.21.13
    My Photography Blog

How is everyone's five year old doing?!

my 5yr old thinks he's 5 going on 16!!!! he is so independent yet can whine at the drop of a hat when it doesnt go his way. whining is something that started recently and its terribly annoying. i noticed his other friends (older than him) do this a lot. other than that, he is doing great - he loves swimming, riding his bike (no training wheels for at least 3 or 4mths now and can ride standing up), just started learning to ride a skateboard and started karate. he is in camp at school this week and next. he loves school and i am so grateful he still takes naps (and when he doesnt he has quiet time) ..... it would make for LONG days if neither of them napped

nice to see this thread revived!

Hi, Shaq! Oh how I wish Declan would nap. Those days are long gone. He does fall asleep in the car a lot so I know a nap would do him good. Oh well. I'll just be thankful that he goes to sleep at night without a fuss. I dreamed of that finally happening when we were battling bedtime many moons ago!

Declan is also testing out the "teenager" attitude from time-to-time. I know every Mom thinks her child is perfect but I'm confident that Declan's nature is to be laid back, sweet, and polite. But the boys in his class this year were BOYS and Declan tried out the whole rough and tumble persona every few days. I wasn't a fan. I was happy to read his end of the year report from the teacher that said Declan was a good friend to his classmates and was always the first kid to come to someone's aid when they were upset. That's my boy! He is still working on riding his bike (he gets frustrated very easily), he played soccer this spring, and he is obsessed with Star Wars. He's good to his sister and they spend more and more time playing together as she gets older (she's 17 months now). She loves him but also loves to screech at him and try to get him in trouble. She can be a bit of a diva. But I'm a happy Mom. They are both so much fun.