Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default June 2006 Mommies - Turning into Big Kids!

Now that our babies are 3, it's time to move into the Big Kids' Club!

Looking back...

Getting to know our new babies
    Celebrating 1 Year and Many More To Come
    Walking and Talking Our Way To Age 2

It's amazing how much we've been through over the past 4 years, the surprise and excitement of a positive pregnancy test, giving birth to our beautiful children, and watching them grow from little bitty babies into wonderful, adorable, sometimes challenging little people. What a ride!

Default Birthdates

May 20: Troi Michael (niko&troi)
    May 22: Brady (gina73)
    June 1: Baby Girl M (kmmommy); Peyton Thomas (Dan's*Girl)
    June 5: Javan Christopher (shaqangel); Annabelle Rose (IzzyJune2006)
    June 6: Kaelyn Reese (kaelynsmom); Micah (Graffy)
    June 8: Declan (amurphy)
    June 10: Emily Lena (Ryan); Ethan Michael (MrsBrownie)
    June 12: Bailey Hope (sunshineab622); Noah (ds2003)
    June 13: Lucas Nathaniel (Baby Lust)
    June 15: Nicholas (jbenny75)
    June 16: Mallory (shouldaeloped)
    June 25: Ayla Elizabeth (jay&erinn)
    June 28: Owen Paul (steviem)
    June 29: Julia Edythe (Mystikal)

Saved for resources

Welcome to the new thread!!

Sorry it took me so long to move us to the big kids' forum! I can't believe it's been 3 years! I am in awe of Lucas every day. He has turned into such a little man! And his imagination makes me laugh constantly!

Looking forward to another year!

Wow, I haven't been in here in forever. Thanks for the new thread!!

Well we've been super busy but I'll do the short abridged version. We had Troi's 3rd birthday party at our community pool. It ended up being a very nice day and it didn't rain. We got a very nice surprise from Brian's dad, he flew down for the day to come to the party. It was so nice to see him even if it was only for 24 hours. He also gave us our birthday presents while he was here, he got us annual passes to Disney We've been there a few times already and the boys love it.

Troi went through some testing for the school system here and got accepted to a speech therapy program. He will go twice a week for 1/2 an hour during the regular school year. While he's in the speech program they are going to give him an occupational evaluation. Hopefully he'll get picked up for that too.

He has come a long way but we still have a few bumps here and there. We just take one day at a time and as it comes. During Troi's testing they kept telling us that he is very advanced for his age. He tested at a 6 year old on intelligence, but a 2 year old in speech. He is definitely smarter than Nikolas on a lot of things, then there are moments when he doesn't even act like a 2 year old So we just do what we can for him and just love him through it.

The boys have been taking swimming classes this season and they are like fish out of water. They are both jumping off a diving board at classes into the 12' foot section. If it was up to them, we'd be in the pool 24/7

So it's been busy and hectic but nothing will compare to what's about to come. No I'm not pregnant! When we moved here last year Brian had tossed around going to Iraq for a year with his company, but they wouldn't let him go because he was too new. Well it's been a year and he's no longer new, so on or about August 25th, Brian will be leaving for Balaad Iraq for a year

It is not the ideal situation, but we could not pass up the salary. We will be able to pay all of our bills off, purchase 2 newer cars for us and put some $$ into savings. So the negative is that he will be gone. There are a few positives, we'll get to see him after 6 months when he can take vacation. He won't be allowed to leave the base at all, so he'll never see combat. His company will pay for lawn service for a year and they will get us an accountant for our taxes next year, part of his pay will be tax free. And he's already been told that when he gets back he'll be promoted within 3 months. So there are more positives than negatives.

So I'm an emotional mess whose stomach has been in knots over 2 weeks now. But I have lost a little bit of weight if that's any consolation My main worry is the boys and how they are going to handle this, especially Troi. He doesn't do well with change and this one is going to be major We did go and buy new laptops yesterday and they both have cameras and the skype is working so hopefully we'll be able to chat a few times a week. But Brian not being here, well that is a whole different story so we will see.

Well that is our life. Pretty boring huh :/ I'm going to get my pictures uploaded to a website soon and post them here.
    Last edited by Niko&Troi; 08-02-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    ~~Lorraine, Mom to Nikolas 8/30/04, Troi 5/20/06 and 3 angels...
    "It is most difficult to say goodbye, when you never had the chance to say hello."

Lorraine, So glad Troi is doing well! That's great that he gets so much therapy!! I'm sure it will make a huge difference! I'm so sorry Brian has to go to Iraq, but at least he won't be in danger and the perks sound great!!! I'm sure it'll be a tough year for all of you, but hopefully it will go fast!

Thanks for the new thread, Amanda. I haven't been here forever. I'm hardly on CC anymore.

M is doing fabulously well. She's so determined to keep up with her big brother and little sister. She's doing PT, OT and speech therapy each twice a week. She's spoiled rotten by her therapists and will be starting preschool in about a month. She went to summer school and was a big hit with the kids and the teachers! Miss popularity also has 2 boyfriends - Brady at therapy and Tritan at school. Tritan even kissed her - oye are we in trouble with her!!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!
    Boy - 8/04 : Girl - 6/06 : Girl - 2/08

Thanks for setting up the new thread Amanda!

Lorraine wow what an opportunity you guys have. It will be tough but a year will fly by really quickly. Just think of how fast 3yrs have gone by with our kids. Glad to know the boys are doing well, eps Troi.

kmmommy too funny about M ... she definitely sounds like a little social butterfly.

~~~~~~

we are doing well here. Javan is a chatterbox. Its NON stop conversations with him and its actually really fun. He speaks in complete sentences and is a sponge with anything. He's also an awesome big brother - just loves his baby sister. He is fully potty trained during the day, at night we still put a diaper on and that was cos he ended up PTing so close to the new baby coming that I didnt want to have to deal with cleaning sheets and a mattress during the night if he had an accident. but he begs to wear his big boy undies at night time so at soon as these diapers are done, we're going to work on night training. He is sleeping in a big bed and does really great on that. sometimes he will get off and come sleep with us. one thing I have noticed in the last couple of weeks is that he is becoming a little more defiant - in terms I know you asked me not to do soemthing but i'm going to do it anyways. it really irks me. other than, he's doing well.

on his 3rd bday - he had a soccer themed party at home

baking - he's a great helper in the kitchen!

hope to hear from more of you soon!
    v&j: jan 2004
    ds: 5 june 2006
    dd: 1 may 2009

Thanks for the new thread and it's so great to hear from everyone Our babies are big now.....wow!

Owen is doing really well. He starts preschool in September. He will go 2 days per week, from 9-12pm. I am excited but nervous.... he loves playing with other kids but he's never really been left alone (i.e. mommy is always there) so I worry that he will freak out when I leave him at school.

We potty trained he one month ago and he mastered peeing in 4 days! Woo hoo! He wears underware 100% of the time now. Poop, is an entirely different story. It's actually pretty bad. He refuses to poop and he has now been consitpated a few times. The doc said it is normal during potty training and that we need to feed him a fiber rich diet (which we already did) as well as give him Miralax (like Metamucil) every day for a while. It is really frustrating. Did anyone else experience issues with this?

He is talking up a storm and I just love listening to him Some of his words are still hard to understand so the doc said (at his 3 yr WCV) that if after a few months we do not notice an improvement in his articulation, then we will look into a speech therapist.

Speaking of his 3 yr check-up, here are his stats:

38 3/4" tall
    35 lbs

Here are a few recent pictures of my big boy (celebrating his birthday "Spidey" style, and one taken at a water park.)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12