Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Selling your dress

Did/will you sell your dress after the ceremony? If so, where?
    My wedding was 5 years ago and I've finally come to the point where I'm willing to part with the dress, I just don't know where to sell it. Dresses don't seem to be going for much on ebay. I've seen dressswaponline.com and preownedweddingdresses.com but I just wanted to get some feedback from others.
    I've also got quite the collection of bridesmaid dresses that I wouldn't mind parting with as well
    In the Mommy hood
    Evan James - 10/6/07

You could try weddingbee classifieds as well.

I thought about selling my dress, but there was no way I could recoup the cost, or even half for that matter, so i am keeping it for now.
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

I sold mine on Craigslist.
    The exception may prove the rule, but what proves the exception? "It is not that such things are possible", the camel thinks, smiling. "But such things are possible for me".

I am now looking into selling my dress, but have not found a place. If anyone can help me out that would be great. I am also thinking about giving it as a bridesmaid gift to my best friend who was my bridesmaid at my wedding. Thought it would make a great gift.
    Live your life

Has your bridesmaid expressed an interest in your dress? That seems like a very unusual gift to me.
    Happy & Blessed.

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sandie78 View Post
    Has your bridesmaid expressed an interest in your dress? That seems like a very unusual gift to me.
    I agree. If someone gave me their dress as a gift I'd think, "umm... thanks??"

There is a huge wedding dress consignment shop here. I was going to consign mine but DH insisted DD might want it, so in the attic it sits.
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

Agreed. Many of my friends have worn gorgeous wedding dresses, but I certainly wouldn't want any of them! (Also, isn't after the wedding a bit late for a bridesmaid gift?) It sounds like you might just be trying to get it off your hands. Have you considered donating it? There's a great organization called Brides Against Breast Cancer you could donate it to, for example.

It is also not uncommon in my circle to have something (a baby blanket [or part of it] or a christening gown) made from the gown when the couple has a baby. That's another thought if you want it to be useful in some way.

I also agree that it seems like an odd gift unless she expressed interest in having it (is she getting married and said she'd want it?).
    I am yours, you are mine 11/13/04
    What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy 04/27/09
    What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl 05/18/12

Quote Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
    It is also not uncommon in my circle to have something (a baby blanket [or part of it] or a christening gown) made from the gown when the couple has a baby.
    I love the idea of this, and was planning on using the lace overlay from my dress as an overlay for a christening gown. We're not doing the traditional baptism, and I've had a baby boy, so this isn't going to work. Good thing my entire dress folds up into a parcel the size of a small dress shirt box, so I can continue to keep it stashed in a drawer.

Regarding the gift to a bridesmaid, is she getting married? Is it a traditional wedding gown?
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

looch One of my co-workers and her friends had hankies made out of their dresses that they gave to each other when they had babies. When my co-workers daughter got married, her friend gave her the hankie back at the wedding with a nice poem...I may have it wrong, but I think it was a really nice tradition.