Quantcast

Default Is anyone else in my place here?

I have been married for 2 months.. I love my husband and my life. I am 27. We agreed we would wait 5 years before kids but lately I guess I have been feeling the whole biological clock. I want to be pregnant, I want to have a baby, but I know we cannot afford it and there are a lot of things we both want to do before we have children. They change everything and I know that. and I don't know if I am ready for that but I feel so jealous of the women I know around me who are having children ( my SIL is pg) How do I stop these feelings of wanting to have a baby? I know this is not the right time for me but part of me seems to feel differently.

I don't know that I can offer much advice other than knowing how you feel. I was there! I was 25 when we got married and was immediately ready to start a family. We finally compromised on waiting a year and during our anniversary month we found out we were pregnant.

I don't know that there's a way to stop the feelings. For me, wanting a baby was more than just a little feeling. But I'll tell you the exact thing that our minister told us before we got married ~ "if you wait to have children until you're ready, you'll never have them".
    Only thing better than having a boy, is having two!
    Jack Ryan 1.12.06
    Tate Daniel 6.23.11

I think it's totally normal to want children right after you are married. I also got married a few months ago and have the baby bug now and then - and I can't have children (by choice)! I guess it's because it seems like the next logical step? Or maybe it's because we have friends who are going to be having babies soon or trying for them. So it's no uncommon to feel that way, and the feelings about having to do it NOW will go away. I don't think there is anything you can really do about them though.

Who knows, your DH and you might decide after a couple years that "it's time".
    ~~ Kim ~~
    You can only be young once. But you can always be immature. ~Dave Barry
    When the hell did I turn DOMESTICATED???

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm 27 too and we just got married last month. We agreed to wait a year before we started trying but I'm still finding it hard to wait. But we have trips to look forward to and that will help stave off my baby bug.

I think 5 years is a little long to wait myself. We are in our late twenties after all. I also have a uterine fibroid issue that I just had taken care of and I don't want to take the chance that it will grow back before we start trying.

My grandma told me once that she and grandpa had decided to wait five years too because grandpa had some financial plan that he wanted to stick to. They only waited three years before they had my mom. Oops

I feel for you
    Dean and Lana - July 15th, 2005
    Alivia Ann 11/21/07!
    Expecting a little boy in September!

OMG, I could have written your post! We've been married almost 3 months and agreed on at least 1 year before we TTC. But that's all I think about. I keep bringing it up to DH (just passing things, not pressuring him to TTC) and he is getting annoyed because he is adamant about getting in our time together before we have kids. But I am having really strong physical urges to get pregnant and it's all I can do to not talk about it 24/7!

I guess I'm just going to squash my feelings for a while because we, too, cannot afford a child right now and need a bigger house. But it's hard!

I recently joined the Ladies In Waiting thread in the Family Planning Group section. So if you ladies feel like talking about your obsession come on over. The more the merrier
    Dean and Lana - July 15th, 2005
    Alivia Ann 11/21/07!
    Expecting a little boy in September!

I was also going to suggest Ladies in Waiting. It sort of takes my mind of wanting to TTC right now...
    Married 7.3.04 Henry 10.29.08 Charlie 11.19.11

Thank you all so much, heading over to ladies in waiting to check it out....

I was just about to start the same thread, oddly enough.

We've been married for almost three years (third anniversary in November). I'm 27 and Cliff is 29. He is still in school, working toward his undergrad degree in Education. I am so supportive of what he's doing, but I am ready to TTC or try to adopt. It sucks knowing that we've got at least another couple of years before that is a realistic possibility because of the financial concerns. I'm going to check out the ladies in waiting group, too. I really didn't think they were for someone like me, but I'm glad to know I'd be welcome.