Quantcast
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970

DD2 (3.5) was trying to convince me to let her sleep on the couch last week. I told her that wasn't happening, and she says to me, "But Mom, this couch is SO good for my back!" What???

So, I was watching that YouTube video going around on FB today of that baby born prematurely and his dad captured the first year of his life and made video. DD (5), comes up and asks me what it's about and I explain that it was just a movie about a tiny baby that was born too soon.

That spiraled into her asking me how babies were made and if God helped make babies. Now, I wasn't really prepared for this conversation just yet so I took her "cue" of the mention of God and kept it at that level. I said, "Yes honey, God gives babies to moms and dads and babies grow in moms' tummies until it's time for them to be born." And, then she said, "But do babies come from moms and dads bodies?" And I just said, "Yes, you were made from a part of me and a part of your dad, with a lot of help from God." And she says, "Oh..... so, it's kind of like when you slice a piece of pie?

Huh??
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

DD just did her final piano practice before her recital this afternoon: "I am practically certain it's going to be great!"

I'm totally going to steal that line

We were visiting BFF and her family; she just had a new DS. I took the older two girls because YDD was/is congested and didn't want that around a newborn.

BFF's older son is the same age as MDD and they usually get along great. He's been a little...out of sorts with the new baby. Just acting out/not acting like himself. Totally understandable. Well, he was acting a little crazy and BFF's hubby called out "hey, what's going on in there?"

MDD replies "He [bff's son] is being annoying."
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

DD3 and I were talking today about feelings. I said to her, "and when you're frustrated and mad, you can ask for help." And she said, "or cry."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkwiq
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

DD left a tip for the tooth fairy last night in appreciation for all of her hard work

Out of nowhere DS came up to me and said "hey mom, did you know the devil went down to Georgia?"

DS1 started a new school this year that requires uniforms. We were talking about this and all the new friends he was going to make in his class and we had this exchange:

DS: Mom, if everyone is wearing the same thing, how will I be able to learn my friends names?

Me: By knowing their faces and their different colors of hair.

DS: I sure hope they have different shades of skin.

Love it!

(Unfortunately, the new school is predominantly white. He was the minority at his Montessori.)

Default Kids Say the Darndest Things... (pt 2)

I was asking DS about his day at school and learned something interesting about what activities qualify as recess.
    Me: what did you do at recess today?
    DS: played soccer with my friends.
    Me: did S (class mate who is on his soccer team) play with you?
    DS: no, she doesn't do recess.
    Me: why not?
    DS: she doesn't want to.
    Me: what? Where does she go during recess?
    DS: nowhere. She doesn't go anywhere.
    Me: (getting exasperated) DS she has to obviously go somewhere!!!
    DS: (equally exasperated) no she doesn't!!! She just sits on a bench and reads her book!!!
    Me: face palm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dragonfly_71; 09-08-2014 at 09:09 AM.

DS2 was talking to another child and said he had a brother. The oher child said they had a sister. According to the teacher DS2 said "I don't have a sister. We'll have to buy one."

In another conversation the teacher asked DS2his parents real names. He knew DH's, but mine is apparently "Hun" since that's what DH calls me a lot
    Joshua Daniel~ 3/4/08 at 19w4d with us for 68 minutes, forever in our hearts , Michael Aaron- our rainbow baby arrived 5/15/09
    Jacob Ryan- our second rainbow 2/11/12