Quantcast
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mgrace View Post
    "I'll get my brother out of his cage", meaning I'll get the dog out of his crate.
    That's too funny, just the kind of thing you can't wait for them to tell another adult. "Hi, I go get my brother out of his cage every morning!"

Our friend and his 5 yr old DS were over the other day and DD was "watering" the deck while I watered the flowers. DS looked at DD and said "she's planting a new deck"
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

Playing in the dirt with worms while I planted flowers: (DD is 2)

DD - "Look mommy, hands are dirty" (holding up filthy hands)
    Me - "That's okay, we'll wash them later"
    DD - (puts thumb in her mouth and pulls it out) "Thumbie is all clean"

Just some new words:

Thunder is "under"
    Glasses are "gwack-gwiz"
    Girl is "grill" (super cute when he goes up to DD and says "Hi Baby Grill!")

And some new phrases:

(While sitting on a chair outside)
    "Go away, mommy. I am very busy right now."

When my mom was babysitting the kids at our house she left and DS stood on the porch long after she was gone yelling:
    "Mama! Come back! I have to talk to you!"

Lately he will throw something across the room and in a very silly, animated voice say:
    "Ha ha haaaa, you'll never get it now!"
    (I am thinking he learned that from TV but I am not sure what show.)

Last week I was upset and he asked me what was wrong. I told him I was sad because I lost my job. Now about 3 or 4 times a day he will run up to me and ask "did you find your job yet, mommy? Is it still lost?"

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleRenee View Post
    Last week I was upset and he asked me what was wrong. I told him I was sad because I lost my job. Now about 3 or 4 times a day he will run up to me and ask "did you find your job yet, mommy? Is it still lost?"
    Sorry about your job that's a lot of stress I'm sure you don't need right now.

I was riding with my cousin and her DD one day and the song "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" by U2 was on the radio. About half way through her DD said from the back seat "Mommy, I hope that man finds what he's looking for".
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

Michelle, Sorry to hear about the job. And Swiper throws things and says you will never find it now on Dora the Explorer.

Swiper! I knew it! The other day DS said that and then said "oh man!" and I wondered if it was a Swiper phrase.

My friend's daughter (2 1/2) is staying with her grandmother for a couple weeks. Last week grandma was giving a bath and friend's DD asked for bubbles. Grandma says no, not tonight. Friend's DD responds "Ok, do bubbles next time. Understand me? Yes, ma'am?" LOL Kids pick stuff up WAY too well.
    e1~12/24/10
    e2~12/21/14

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleRenee View Post
    Swiper! I knew it! The other day DS said that and then said "oh man!" and I wondered if it was a Swiper phrase.
    Yep, it is
    Aiden 5/14/06
    Alivia 5/4/08

I was riding with my cousin and her DD one day and the song "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" by U2 was on the radio. About half way through her DD said from the back seat "Mommy, I hope that man finds what he's looking for".
    I love when kids respond to song lyrics! My DD @ 3 was listening to "I am a Rock" by Simon & Garfunkle. During the chorus she kept saying "no, guy, you're not a rock. I'm a rock."
    Big Girl - 2/2006
    Teensy Girl - 1/2009
    For the Knitters - Ravelry

DD caught my husband or I (not sure which) saying "What the hell!" one day and picked it up for herself. We heard her say it and explained that she should NOT say that and it is not for little kids to say. She stopped, but then for most of the day would stop us and ask if it was OK to say certain phases.

"Can I say, oh my gosh?"
    "Can I say, that's disgusting"
    "Can I say, dangerous?"