Quantcast
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

DD (2.5) and I saw a little girl that had her face painted. I asked DD if she remembered getting her face painted at a recent festival and she said "NO, I didn't get my face painted. I got my dimple painted!"

DD and I were running around outside being silly. I was pretending to chase her and yelled "hey" a couple of times. She turns to me and says "hay is for horses" which was doubly funny because we've never said that to her.

DS (3) came back from an outing with DH and announced "Mommy I like crabby legs now. Yeah, I had some. They got chicken in them!"

The other day I was yelling at DS for something and he told me: "Don't scream at me mommy, I'm just a little kid!"

And here is a philosophical one. I don't remember how this came up but something we said caused DS to sigh and then proclaim "I don't want to grow up and be a 'dult, I just want to be me."

It has been raining non-stop here for the last few days and DD (almost 4) has been getting restless. The other day we went to a brand new IKEA that had just opened and she LOVED it so much she wouldnt stop talking about it. All morning yesterday, she wouldnt stop following me around the house asking me over and over again when we were going to IKEA again. I told her mommy was trying to clean up and maybe we would go to the lake (3 hours away) instead. She got all excited then started following me around the house asking me when we were going to the lake. Finally, I told her to please stop asking me and I was trying to pack and clean the house... I guess she got upset, went on the porch and started coloring on the wall with a crayon. I lost it. I stopped cleaning and packing and made all of us lunch. I had 1 much needed beer with my lunch. During lunch DD asked me when we were going to the lake. I told her, "Not anytime soon, mommy is drinking beer she can't drive. People shouldnt drink beer and drive because they can't think." She seemed interested in that thought, no drinking beer and driving but I didnt think she really "got" it.
    Fast forward to yesterday evening: DH came home knowing DD had colored on the wall. He asked her why she colored on the wall, she said, "Because mommy gave me a time-out." (a total lie) THEN she said, "Mommy drank beer and drove to the lake." DH rolled on the floor laughing. She was trying to get DH mad at me and forget about the fact she colored on the wall.

Today, DD and I were driving to the mall to pick up a birthday gift for each of my parents. I had the radio on a top 40 station when that song "Bithday Sex" came on. DD happened to have brought her Micky Mouse doll that's dressed in a birthday hat and holds a birthday cake (I think because of all the talk about it being my parent's birthdays) so she was trilled to hear a song about birthdays. Then she started singing along, saying "Birthday Chex, Birthday Chex" Haha I'm really going to have to start paying more attention to the lyrics of songs...
    Betsy and Dave, married 10/18/03
    Amelia Claire 3/4/07
    Nathan Edward 3/10/10

I was traveling alone with my two kids and we stopped to get something to eat. I was low on patience at this point and it didn't help when the almost 4 year old suddenly fell out of the booth onto the ground. We had this conversation.

Me: That is what happens when you are messing around in your seat instead of sitting still and eating.
    Dean: I wasn't messing around!
    Me: Why did you fall out of your seat, then?
    Dean: Um, gravity.

Ha! I didn't really even know he knew about gravity, so I almost fell out of *my* seat from laughing so hard.
    Megan and Derek: 6/15/02, Dean: 6/27/05, Reed: 10/3/07, Ruby: 11/21/11
    My determined purpose is that I may know Him.

Tonight DD was peeling a cucumber (with my help). I was encouraging her and said, you're doing a good job. She said there should be a "peeler recital," then started talking about her classmate who was having her dance recital today.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

I have been calling DS "Sugar Buns", which always earns a few giggles from him. Last night when I called him that he replied "I am NOT your SUGAR BUNS! I am your KID!" Totally cracked me up.

A couple of weeks ago we were changing the sheets on our bed and DD kept talking about the "sheep." I figured that she was just substituting p for the t in sheet until we put the new sheet on the bed and she exclaimed "new lamb!".
    C 3/21/07
    It's a girl! D 8/3/11

December that is too funny. Your DD is smart, you're going to have to look out for her!

Here are a couple of recent ones from my DD (3)

The other day DH was talking to me and he was eating some potato chips. She was trying to interrupt and tell us she wanted some chips. We are in the process of teaching her not to interrupt, so we were ignoring her. This is how it played out:
    "I want some chips. I want some chips. I want some chips." Hands on hips and yelling "I WANT SOME FREAKIN CHIPS!!!" I looked at her and asked her what she just said and she clasped her hands in front of her, smiled innocently, and said in a quiet voice "I want some chips".

The other day DD followed me into the bathroom and told me I had a "hairy gina". Thanks, kid. Anyway, about a week later she was at my MIL's house and somehow she was reminded of this, and shared with my MIL and my husbands niece and her FH that mommy has a hairy gina. Oh, the joys of kids.
    Wife 6.22.02
    Baby Girl 6.29.06 * Baby Boy 12.5.08 * Bonus Baby Boy #2! EDD 10.21.13
    My Photography Blog

"I'll get my brother out of his cage", meaning I'll get the dog out of his crate.
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.