Quantcast
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Kids Say the Darndest Things... (pt 2)

link to the first thread

What are the funniest, most embarrassing or just wild things your child (or someone else's) says?

My DD has gotten to the point in learning body parts that she finds it necessary to point out the "pee pee and poo poo" on every.single stuffed animal or doll she comes in contact with
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

The other day DS (3) was eatting lunch and I was cleaning up from making lunch.

DS: I'm the eatting one and you are the cleaning up one.

Looks like I need to do some explaining that he is also the "cleaning up one". LOL!
    DS 3/31/06
    DD 6/14/09

Oh, another one from last week:

DS: I'm going to dress as Molly (my midwife) and get Gracie (DD due in June) out!

He is big on saying he is going to dress like something (animal or person) so he can pretend to be them.
    DS 3/31/06
    DD 6/14/09

We were at our good friends house last night. They have a 2 yo DS. They went to Red Robin for lunch yesterday and he got a balloon. Their son went and got the balloon and showed it to my DH. Conversation went like this:

DH: That's amazing (talking about the balloon).
    Friends DS: No, it's a balloon.

Cracked us up....

Both of these revolve around breakfast out this morning.

At home early today I said to DH, "I think I might take Becca to F-R-I-E-N-D-L-Y'S for a special treat before gymnastics, while I get my oil changed." Becca turns around and says, "I want to go to the Waffle House."

At Friendly's she was whining about where her food was, and I told her this is how restaurants work, you go to the restaurant, order your food, then you wait a little while for it. She says, "not at McDonald's." Lovely, huh? And we rarely go there or to fast food! The elderly woman in the booth behind us got a kick out of that, laughed, and said, "she's right."

She's also always asking me now, "what did you spell to Daddy?" I don't think we'll be able to get away with the spelling much anymore.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

This morning we were cleaning the house and dh brought the vacuum upstairs. Noah said "Daddy has a vacuum. It's for mommy". Dh vacuums more than I do, so I don't know where he got the antiquated idea that it was for me!

Another night, quite awhile ago, Noah didn't want to go to bed, so he was talking to me. He told me that Daddy was in the bathroom picking his nose.

And yesterday we were at the park. Noah was playing with a 3 year old boy. The boy was in this hole in the equipment and his mom told him he had to share it with Noah. The boy said "But grandmother made this hole just for me!". His mom laughed and said "we don't even call anyone 'Grandmother'. But your grandma would want you to share that hole".

Married~ 6-15-02
    Noah~ 2-14-07 * Eli~ 3-5-10

I was in nursery during church this morning. I was already holding DS, 13 mos, when another baby (little girl a couple of month younger than DS) insisted that I hold her as well. DS was laying on my shoulder and the little girl was looking around. Well, she turned to look at me and swung her arm around accidently hitting DS. He promptly lifted his head, pointed a finger at her, and very clearly said "don't".
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

The other day I was in the bathroom getting around for the day, when I heard a toy hit the floor and then this...
    DD: No, Caedmon!
    Me: Please don't yell at your brother.
    DD: No! Caedmon! (after another toy hits the floor)
    DS: No! No! No! No!
    DD: Caedmon! (whiney)
    DS: Mamamamama!

I cracked up laughing. At least I don't have to worry about DS not sticking up for himself!
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

Tgr68 - I think my girls have had that same exact conversation! LOL.

Last night, DD1 said "I was so twenty-hungry," trying to convey how hungry she'd been (she ate huge amounts for dinner).
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal