Quantcast
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thanks for the cakecentral suggestion - I couldn't remember the site, either!

Here is a "pin the title on the book" game that DD1 and I created for DD2's book-themed birthday party.

I know it looks kind of cheesy but the kids are between 1 and 6 - I don't think they'll really care. Though I do think I'm going to add "illustrated by Becca" to the "book" just to make it clear! LOL. The game pieces (second photo) are the "titles" - we customized them to each child depending on the child's interest, and DD1 put the stickers on - we laminated it and cut out each piece. I'm going to bring the extra stickers for the kids to decorate the back of their "pieces." DD1 has really helped with this each step of the way - she helped find the stickers in the craft store, "illustrated" the game board, and helped cut out the title pieces. I'm glad she has had such fun with it.

I did try to find an already-existing game like this, but couldn't.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

tgr68~That cake is awesome!!! I don't have a ball pan or anything like that though.....Hmmmm.

My daughter's first birthday party

The banner is hard to read in this picture, it says "one year old"

I had leftover paper so I used the scraps to indicate what was vegetarian.

Some favorite pictures displayed

Eating her first cake

Last edited by HollyMN; 02-22-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Jelly bean favors for all ages instead of goody bags

Water bottles

Big brother's bouncy house was set up in the basement.

Also in the basement, I googled printable coloring pages, and printed them out and put them at a table. Only a couple kids did them.

It was fun, and even though it's supposed to be a first birthday for my daughter it was sort of geared toward the 3 year old group since my son is three and my friends' kids are about that age.

For those of you doing SS/Elmo parties, my Target had a HUGE selection in their dollar section. Board books, coloring books, hair ties, pencils, stickers, tatoos, etc etc etc. I din't know what to chose from (esp considering the fact we aren't doing goody bags). And they had their SS party supplies marked down too.

I also saw 2 really cute Eric Carle bday cards. One was Brown Bear and one was Very Hungry Caterpillar. I thought one of you was planning one of those parties.

Very cute party Holly!! Your DD looks so dainty eating her cake

Sunshine~I rented my pan from our local bakery. You might check to see if anybody in your area does this.
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

Help! I need timing help for L's first b-day. I have a class on Sat. from 10-12 so I was thinking of holding the party from 2-4. I know that is in the middle of the day and that has me nervous. Is there a time slot that would work better?? There are only two families with kids invited. (small party)

HollyMN, great party!

petdoc08, I'd say 2-4 would be good. That gives you enough time to get home from your class and get the last minute things ready. How old are the other 2 kids coming? If they are about 1 years old and down to one nap per day then I'd guess they'd nap from 12-2 or something. (I'm just thinking of what my DD1 was doing at the time). I guess you could do 3-5 too though. Still, anytime you pick could interfere with someone's nap time.

I think my DD1's first birthday was held at 2. I though she would nap beforehand, but didn't. She was too excited with all the prep we were doing anyway. She finally crashed at 5 though!
    ***Mary 4/29/06*Megan 5/3/08*Margaret 2/26/13***
    * Angel Babies 7/07, 9/10, 10/11 *

I agree 2-4 would be fine. In fact that is what time we are doing our party. I figure that the kids that are comming could take a nap before hand.

Married 04.12.03

Aidan 08.25.05~Dylan 06.04.08

Thanks guys! I was worried about nap but if other moms think it would be ok then thats what we will go with.