Quantcast
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Chimi - ODD was in cloth until about 16 months. It was the constant leaking that made me switch - I couldn't handle having her so layered that she could barely walk (and she was in daycare and daycare changes WAY less frequently then a mom would!). With YDD I stopped even earlier because of the leaks - she slept better, heavier and was a bigger baby. I also think the pockets lost a lot of the waterproofness.

An easy solution would be to try a bullet proof cover (not sure what one would be). But for us we were happy we went as long as we did and cut our losses!
    Tara and Terry: May 13, 2006
    Elizabeth Vittoria: December 21, 2007

Chimi, with my oldest daughter, I solved (most) overnight leaks by using a microfiber insert with 2 hemp inserts (put the microfiber first, as the hemp is slower to absorb). With the twins, I've given up completely on overnight CD. I tried everything short of buying wool covers-that was an investment (both in care/upkeep and in $$) that I wasn't willing to make, especially with 2. I have to use overnight disposables in a size up with both of them.

Re:the car seat, that sounds like the legs are bunching/gapping near the buckle.
    R+P 11.09.02
    C 04.06.09 + G & J 12.19.11

I'll try switching the inserts. Usually I do the bamboo first and then microfiber. I'll try switching and then doing two bamboo.

This morning when i walked in the room I was hit with the pee smell Poor thing was soaked and red. I put lotion on her and got her cleaned up. I did mention to DH that we might have to do disposables overnight and maybe even first thing in the morning when she's in the car.

A friend recommended some super soaker diapers with like four or more layers, but those things are $35 each. I'd need at least four - accounting for doing laundry every 3 days or so. Not sure I can justify spending that much at once. Although, I suppose we'd be spending that on disposables...

Thanks ladies. I'll give the variation on inserts a try and see if that helps.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

No help here Chimi as we switched to a sposie for nighttime when we hit your situation. I decided one disposable diaper a day was not exactly going to break the bank or screw the environment, and I hated her being soaking wet and unhappy every.single.night. It was about keeping DD happy, dry and SLEEPING. She would wake up early because of the leaks and often not go back to sleep. Once we went to disposables at night it bought us another hour in the mornings.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

We did disposables at night at that point too. We just couldn't get cloth to absorb enough no matter what we tried.

Sounds like that might be where we are heading. I know when my mom had her in disposables at night, she stayed dry/no leaks. I did make a point to ask her because I thought perhaps she's just peeing too much. I do give her a bottle before bed so she is increasing her fluids right before she goes down. But, its our time and it helps get her in the mood for bed.

I think I'll just go disposable for tonight and see. We have a small pack. DH likes to keep some on hand for travel. With the driving she does do (at least 2x day in the car to get her sisters) she'll probably wear 2-4 disposables a day. Not horrible, I guess. And I told DH I'd still like to do cloth during the day when she's home. So there will still be some money savings with that.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Used a disposable last night and YDD woke up without a leak. Thank goodness! And she peed a ton and pooped so it wasn't for lack of trying I mentioned to DH that we'll likely have to move in this direction and he was okay with that.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12