Quantcast
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nuhmah View Post
    3 Lapis Leine Bamboo Flats - Infant sized
    Numah - have you used these bamboo flats before or are they new to you? I am thinking of buying some hemp or bamboo prefolds or flats to augment what I have (listed above). Any thoughts???

nuhmah- I think it looks great. One thing that popped out to me was small covers, but maybe you are planning on using wool/fleece full-time. Also, I'm a PF LOVER. I had a dozen newborn but my son grew out of those at about 6 wk. I'm thinking about adding more PFs to my stash. I really like doing the folds and how clean they get with a little bleach. Plus, they look so dang cute in them!

Quote Originally Posted by spa_girl View Post
    Numah - have you used these bamboo flats before or are they new to you? I am thinking of buying some hemp or bamboo prefolds or flats to augment what I have (listed above). Any thoughts???
    New to me, so I haven't used them yet. I heard great things about them on DS (trim, only 2 layers, snappi-able), so I decided to try a few. The price was right, and shipping was quick!

Quote Originally Posted by GlamaGal View Post
    nuhmah- I think it looks great. One thing that popped out to me was small covers, but maybe you are planning on using wool/fleece full-time. Also, I'm a PF LOVER. I had a dozen newborn but my son grew out of those at about 6 wk. I'm thinking about adding more PFs to my stash. I really like doing the folds and how clean they get with a little bleach. Plus, they look so dang cute in them!
    Thanks! I didn't find the PF love with my DS until he was a toddler, and they were my nighttime diaper. I am hoping I love them this time around - they are cute, economical, easy to care for, etc. I have been trying to add a lot of fitteds (and I have made all of mine snappi-able for my DH) so they are easier for the other people in my life, but I will probably use mainly PF's. And I agree about covers. I need to add a few more, besides just the fleece/wool longies.
    James & Jennifer - 12.18.04 ~~ Little Man - July 2006 ~~ Big Little Sister - April 2009 ~~ Little Dude - May 2011; my Mother's Day gift!

hey girls I am new to CDing and I just recieved my bum genius cloth diapers in the mail. I ordered 12 of them and I was just wondering how I should wash them before their first use? Just once through or more?
    Miracle baby Kaylin 11/10/05
    Kaylin's Open heart surgery 1/4/06
    2nd Miracle baby Collin 11/4/08

Another question for ya girls. What are you using for detergent. I am finding conflicting info on this. One sight says that my ECOs is great and another says it is not. I just ordered some country save but in the meantime would it be ok to use the ECOs?

What is everyone else using?
    Miracle baby Kaylin 11/10/05
    Kaylin's Open heart surgery 1/4/06
    2nd Miracle baby Collin 11/4/08

We use the powder Planet detergent. I've used Ecos in the past and didn't have any problems (w/ my FL, on super-hot sanitary cycle).
    Big Girl - 2/2006
    Teensy Girl - 1/2009
    For the Knitters - Ravelry

I had to wash my BG 5 or 6 times before they were ready. It was the covers that took forever to do more than let water bead on them. Not everyone has to do it that many times, though.

I use Charlie's Soap for detergent.

I currently use Arm and Hammer Free and Clear, but have also used Tide Free and Clear a time or two. No problems here except for when I accidently threw a new hemp insert in with my diapers and had to go back and strip everything.

I am having a time with daycare. I have been sending old-style FB's with two microfiber towels as inserts as well as some Swaddlebees AIO w/pockets (unstuffed). Well, they were claiming leaking problems, which I really think is usually the onesie wicking up moisture in the crotch. I have tried to avoid dressing him in onesies, sent a cover, and even given them fitted diapers to use under the covers b/c they were concerned about the bulkiness. The lady today said she didn't care for the fitteds b/c they got so wet. Duh. I told her they would feel wet and that's why they had the cover. I ordered more covers for them to put over the AIO's and we'll see what happens. I think the other issue is that he is growing and they put in him in an exersaucer (which he loves). That causes a little pees to seep out along the legs, but nothing that is soaking stuff. Hopefully we can get through this and be done with any issues soon. It's not rocket science or that difficult...
    Last edited by Taylandra; 02-08-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Wrong detergents....
    The wait is over: DS 9/16/08
    Waiting for #DS2: 08/05/10

I'm just getting started. I have 2 kids - 17m and 3 months. I am starting with my older one first. I need to do this the most 'economical' way to get started. What are everyone's favorite covers? I think I'm going to start with 24 prefolds, and 3 or 4 covers. I've also got 4 AIOs I know I'll be washing every other day, but I just can't do a big order. Thoughts?
    1+1=5! Baby #3, Aug 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylandra View Post
    It's not rocket science or that difficult...
    I would agree! I hope things get better for you. Sometimes I think those of us doing this are forging through for others to come as this green trend expands.

Quote Originally Posted by isign View Post
    I'm just getting started. I have 2 kids - 17m and 3 months. I am starting with my older one first. I need to do this the most 'economical' way to get started. What are everyone's favorite covers? I think I'm going to start with 24 prefolds, and 3 or 4 covers. I've also got 4 AIOs I know I'll be washing every other day, but I just can't do a big order. Thoughts?
    I love my unbleached indian cotton prefolds. I also love Thirsties covers. I get by easily with 3 covers. One is always clean. One is on him. One could be in the wetbag if poo leaked on it or it smells bad when dry. Good luck! I enjoy cloth diapering.

I'm entertaining getting some Disana covers. Though I am trying to wait because we still swaddle him. I'm also thinking of more Bumgenius to add to my stash. I currently "save" these for DH, but I'm thinking four more would be nice to have for the diaper bag this summer, when we are out and about. Not to mention they are always handy for DD who can wear them as well.