Quantcast
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

My former roommate always used to make this for our cocktail parties and it was a huge hit. She was not a cook at all... this is very easy to make.

Baked Brie in Puff Pastry

INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
    1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
    1/4 cup sliced almonds

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan. Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie. Lay the puff pastry in the pie pan. Place half of the Brie (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top. Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

You can use any number of things in place of almonds if you'd like. She sometimes used raspberry jam along with the almonds. Once she used a sundried tomato spread instead of almonds. You can mix it up any way you like.

Default Party recipes (apps and desserts)

I'm having a housewarming party and plan on serving appetizers and desserts. Can you post any tried and true crowd pleasing recipes?
    Maxwell Davis born 2.24.05 Riley Elizabeth born 8.11.07Daniel Dwight born at 21 weeks. Always in my heart. Gabriel Thomas born 1.2.11

We make this dip that everyone loves loves. Serve with tosito chips

Hormel chili w/ no beans-8 oz
    montary jack cheese with jalapeno(block of cheese)
    cream cheese (the block kind) 8 oz

spread cream cheese on the bottom
    put chili on top of cream cheese
    and grate the cheese on top

cover and put in microwave for five minutes

It doesn't sound good but I kid you not everyone loves this!!!

HOpe I didn't post this to late

Have a great party!

I like doing meatballs...they are easy ....you can use spaghetti sauce for traditional or change it up to bbq sauce for a kick.

I also like using the little weenies...sausages...I put them in sweet and sour sauce and they are great and people like the....easy too. I takes about two sweet and sour jars for one pack of the little weenies.

Thanks, Jen ! That's the perfect recipe for me! Sounds foolproof!

zta Do you put the weinies in the crockpot?
    Maxwell Davis born 2.24.05 Riley Elizabeth born 8.11.07Daniel Dwight born at 21 weeks. Always in my heart. Gabriel Thomas born 1.2.11

Heath Bar Trifle...it's now requested for every potluck we attend.

1 choc. cake mix
    1 8oz. tub of cool whip
    1 choc. instant pudding
    1 package heath bar minis or popables, chopped up (you can use rolling pin to get them crumbled up or throw them in cuisinart but don't chop too finely)

make the cake and pudding according to directions. let cake cool and pudding set.

if you don't have a trifle bowl, you can just use any deep bowl/dish. crumble the cake and put one layer in bowl, then add layer of pudding, cool whip and heath bar crumbs. put another layer of cake on top of that, followed by pudding, cool whip and heath bar. And you're done. YUMMY!

The size of your bowl may determine how much pudding and cool whip you need. My girlfriend uses 2 packs of pudding and 2 8oz. cool whip (or 1 16oz. tub) w/ her trifle bowl. (I don't have a trifle bowl so I use one package of each ingredient)
    v+j 10.12.02
    dd 5.18.04
    ds 5.2.07

vjel I think I may just make that for myself right now!

For our housewarming party I made a number of things, but the main dish was a mustard-crusted beef tenderloin that I made the day before. I sliced it and put it between dinner rolls and offered a bluecheese butter and an herb butter for it. It was really easy and a big hit.

oh yeah, wanted to add for dessert I bought a tub of the frozen creme puffs (profiteroles) at Costco. I served half plain and dipped half in chocolate along with some strawberries.

Baked Artichoke Dip

I found this recipe originally on Epicurious and altered it a bit

1/4 cup packed shreded Parmean and Romano Cheese, plus 3 TBS set aside to top.
    3 tablespoons mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons sour cream

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon onion salt
    1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water, well drained, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    French-bread baguette slices, toasted

Whisk 1/4 cup shreded Parmesean/Romano cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, dried marjoram, black pepper, onion salt, and garlic powder in medium bowl to blend. Stir in chopped artichoke hearts. Transfer mixture to 1 1/2-cup ramekin. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover mixture and refrigerate.)
    Preheat oven to 375F. Bake dip until heated through, about 20 minutes (about 30 minutes if chilled).

Preheat broiler. Sprinkle dip with remaining 3 tablespoon Parmesean/Romano cheese and paprika. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices and wheat crackers.

Makes about 1 1/3 cups.
    I took a chance to follow my heart and it led me to yours.