Quantcast
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Welcome back Aletheia I don't check this thread too much but you're right - we do have the first experiences with the oldest.

I haven't experienced that yet with ODD. She loves to be around momma and daddy. She has daddy for certain things and momma for certain things. The issue I'm having a difficult time with is her independence. Not that she's sassy (yes) or anything, but she wants to do more by herself. We started letting her walk to the bus stop (about 2 blocks) by herself. I have to leave for work, so I follow shortly behind with the younger two and sit in the car at the bus stop. Now she wants me to not wait at the stop with her.

I'll be honest, it gives me a mild panic attack. We live in a subdivision that's not on a main thoroughfare, so it's not as if I think she'll get hit by a car or some random stranger will be driving by. I suppose either are possible, but the likelihood is greatly reduced.

I'm torn. I am "late" to work as it is because her bus comes at 8:15. I'd have to leave for work by 7:45 to get there on time. There is NO way I'd let her stay home for 15-20 minutes before going to the bus stop. I had suggested once that she stay home while I go for a run in the neighborhood (so I was still "there" but not really). She kind of freaked out about it - and that was just a few months ago.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

End of the school year... man. DH and I were just talking - we almost have a 2nd grader. CRAZY! That seems so old.

We are starting the "end of the year" worries/anxieties - sadly. I thought we would have avoided them. But on one of the sheets ODD brought home from school she wrote something about worrying a lot. That definitely makes me sad. This is her last week of school, so almost too late to do anything. But, next year I'll make sure I keep in contact with the counselor better.

I think ODD loves/thrives on the "rigidity" of school. She likes the structure and order. I know all kids like routine, but I really think she likes it. So I'm creating lesson plans - so to speak - for the summer. I'll give the girls a different theme each week. DH will take them places where they can learn about it. But, it will be the same places each week. Like every Monday is the library. Every Tuesday is the zoo, etc. It will be nice for the girls to have that routine and it will be nice for DH in that they will get out and about and hopefully all take naps
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12