Quantcast
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

We just had S's 2 year WBV on Friday. I took both kids in (it was DD's 9 month WBV too). They each had two shots because we are delaying and a bit behind due to moving this year. Anyway, S went first and I told him he was going to have a shot and it would pinch but then he would get a "sticker" (Snoopy bandaid). He was actually fine for both of his, except for trying to wave the 2nd needle away, but when it was DD's turn he was so cute! He said, "Nora, it HEEEEUUUUURRRTTTS!" then "Sticker, sticker" and he patted her leg, like, "Don't worry, you get a sticker!". He was 30 lbs and I can't remember how tall but it was 50th percentile.

He is being so funny lately, and still getting into everything. We have been at my parents' lakehouse for most of the summer and while my sister was visiting with her family, S was sharing a room with my parents (queen bed and twin bed separated by a dresser). In the middle of the night my mom heard something and it was S, crawling across the top of the dresser with all of his stuff (bear, monkey and pillow) in hand. He wanted to sleep in the big bed. And he is now riding a two-wheeler bike with training wheels, which is crazy to me!

It has been a while but I am glad to see that all our toddlers are doing well!

Update to my stats:

me-32
    DH-38
    Married-6-14-03
    DD-Olivia-7/1/06
    DS-Drew-12/16/04

Livie is also quite a peanut- at her two year she was 21 pounds and 36 inches- skinny, but tall! She has been talking in nice sentences since 18 months which is crazy to me since Drew wasn't do this to almost 2 1/2. Here are a few quick pictures from recent summer fun:

With her cousins and brother.

Moving-Anyone know anything about the Sacramento, CA area??????? DH's territory recently expanded and he now has the majority of his reps living in this area. Right now, he is commuting up there every week. However, we are considering a possible move but don't know much about this area.

The kids are really best buddies now. Livie won't let Drew out of her sight and he is so protective of her. At the park the other day, she wanted to go down a big slide but was scared. He grabbed her hand and let her up top and said "I know you can do it", well, this was all she needed. She went down the slide and he gave her a big hug and said "see, I knew you could do it" " I'm so proud of you". Brought tears to my eyes. She really adores him.

Chimi and dukesflygirl - Man your kids are tall! Sorry you are concerned about language skills - I'm sure it will all work itself out. Especially if they are good about following directions.

Emmjay -So cute that he was soothing his sister. Wow -S is already riding a bike with training wheels! I haven't even thought about it - though Braeden does LOVE bikes.

Rande - Livie and Drew are SO freakin' adorable! I love that they get along so well. I can't believe how tall Livie is - she really shot up, didn't she? Good luck with the decision to move. One of my friends lived in Sacramento for a few months (she was a traveling nurse) and she really liked the area. She said it was a bit smaller than some of the other CA cities she lived in (San Diego, San Francisco), but that was one of the reasons she enjoyed it.
    Big Brother 7.06.06
    Little Sister 3.26.09

Blog

Not much time! Our 6th anniversary is today. Crazy how the time has flown by. Then again, we have three kids so maybe it hasn't flown THAT quickly. Love all the pics here.

Stat update - TIA! -

Abby'sMom
    Me: 30
    DH: 30

Married: 8/17/02
    DC: 7/31/06
    Other Children: DD, 11/3/04, DS2 6/15/08
    Mrs. 8/17/02
    Abby 11/3/04 * Logan 7/31/06
    Isaac 6/15/08 * Brady 12/14/10

Wrighty-Thank you for your kind words! And yes, she has sprouted up. She is much taller than her brother as far as percentiles go. I really am torn about the move thing. I have lived several places, grew up in Boston, moved to Philadelphia for my undergraduate studies, lived in Orange County, CA for my masters and traveled aton all across the states for work and now we live in San Diego in a small town with tons of vineyards. It is a great family town and we have tons of great friends here. However, we don't have any real family here- DH's family lives here but we are estranged. However, I have been feeling very lonely lately and really want to move back to Boston but probably won't happen due to DH's job and his health- he was an athlete in high school and college and has so many injuries, back, shoulder, knees that he really does need to be in a warm weather year-round climate to minimize pain. It really stinks! I think that we will take the two trips that the company offers to go and take a look and see what it is all about. Glad to hear that your friend enjoyed it. I really love the small town atmosphere. It also may sound bad, but part of me wants to move to completely eliminate any contact with DH's family. He feels the same way!

subscribing....

mmisabel
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: 11/16/02
    DC: 6/29/2006
    M&A 11.16.02
    N.A. 6.29.06
    S.I. 10.7.09

Wrighty - you should try the bike with B! My niece (5 yrs old) was visiting and she was riding a bike everywhere so S wanted to do it too. I had been trying to teach him how to pedal a trike for like a month but he didn't get it until he saw her pedaling. He learned the trike first, then once she left he wanted to use her bike. So DH put the training wheels on and off he went! He's not great with steering, but he's much better than I would have thought!

Also here's a pic of him with DD and my nephew on the left. They look like they are up to something!
    Last edited by emmjay; 08-18-2008 at 07:14 PM.

I am loving all the brother/sister stories. Makes me anxious for my little boy to get here.

rande I can't believe how tall Livie is!! And how in the world do you get her to keep barrettes in her hair?? They last for all of five seconds with DD.

We're doing pretty well here. DD is getting so big so quick. We noticed the other day how tall she has gotten as we were looking at older pictures of her and it's just crazy. She's talking like crazy, too. Her words aren't all completely clear, but we understand her.

Yesterday I dropped her off at my moms before I headed to work and she went to the window in the living room to wave goodbye as I backed out of the driveway. She was blowing kisses and I told her I loved her. I pulled out of the driveway and as I was driving away I could hear her yelling "love you mama". Oh my, it brought tears to my eyes and made me want to turn around and go back to her. I so didn't want to leave. *sigh*

Anyway, I got this picture of her the other day and she's actually smiling, which is hard to get on camera. She usually turns off the cheese as soon as she sees me get the camera out. lol. Here she is:
    Wife 6.22.02
    Baby Girl 6.29.06 * Baby Boy 12.5.08 * Bonus Baby Boy #2! EDD 10.21.13
    My Photography Blog

I could hear her yelling "love you mama".
    That's awesome. Our DD has turned into a little parrot and will repeat anything we say to her. But the one thing, the ONLY thng she will not repeat is "I love you." I say it every night at bedtime and I get nothing back.

I'm going to start saying it constantly so she will finally pick it up and say it back.

Default *subscribing*

Didn't realize that there was a new thread

Updated stats:
    Me: 30
    DH: 34

DS turned 2 last week! We don't have his WCV until the 29th, so I'll update more then.
    :: T + K 08.31.03 ::
    :: jdf 08.13.06 ::
    :: lgf 05.07.09 ::