Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ailing grandmother

I'm very sad. My grandmother is slipping away. I don't know how much time we have left with her, but she keeps going back and forth and the ups aren't as good and the downs are becoming worse. She is so terribly weak and tired of living this way. Every time I visit with her, she says that she wishes the Lord would decide it was her time to go. It hurts me so much and makes me cry. I'm not ready to let her go.

I've always been very close to my grandma. She is my dad's mom. I'm not close to my mom's mother at all because she has a lot of problems, so my dad's parents are all I have ever had. I already lost my grandpa, and I remember very clearly how that felt. It hurt very badly. I still miss him a lot.

Next to my dad, my grandma is more proud of me than anyone else in the world. She loves telling people I'm a lawyer. She tells people that before she even tells them my name! Even in her hospital bed, she'll say, "Have you met my granddaughter the lawyer?" And it feels good, you know? I don't want to lose that.

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I recently lost my grandfather and I know how painful it can be. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandmother.

I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you.

Just wanted to let you know your in my thoughts! So sorry!

Diana, I'm always so sad to read your posts about your grandma. I lost my grandma 14 years ago and I still cry when I think about it. At the end, she told the EMTs (they came and revived her a few times) to let her die already. My grandpa is 96 and I know it's only going to be a few more years, if that, until I lose him too.

The only thing that brings me comfort is the fact that I have so many wonderful memories with them. I'm 35 years old, and how many people are fortunate enough to have had the relationship I had with my grandparents (like you have with your grandma)? It's going to hurt like hell regardless of when it happens... and just know that my (our) thoughts are with you and I'll be here to offer whatever support I can throughout.

((hugs))

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerlee
    my grandma is more proud of me than anyone else in the world. She loves telling people I'm a lawyer. She tells people that before she even tells them my name! Even in her hospital bed, she'll say, "Have you met my granddaughter the lawyer?" And it feels good, you know? I don't want to lose that.
    You will never lose that, she will always be with you and you will carry that always.

I was very close with my grandpa, and he passed away in 99. Its like he is still here with me. I can picture him and hear his voice - he is always with me.

I hope you both find peace - peace in realease for your Grandma, and peace to you as you let her go.
    Tina & Travis, married July 4, 2003
    Pete and Nate, born July 23, 2005
    LJ ~*~ Website

I'm so sorry Diana! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it's so hard to lose a loved one, I wish I could do more.
    RIP Mom, you are missed!
    Tulips

So sorry Diana, Your in my thoughts.

You're in my thoughts, Diana.

Diana, I'm so sorry about this. It's never easy to lose someone you love so much. My thoughts are with you.