Quantcast
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Can't believe it, but our kiddos are turning 7! I hope everyone is having a lovely spring.

Wow, this is still around! I don't know what made me check in here after a gap of 3+ years but I love that this thread is still here. Alexa turned SEVEN May 26 and is doing great! She's on the swim team at our pool club and is a cycling fiend. She's also rather bossy to Elise and Corinne who turned five December 4 but they give it right back to her. Alexa is going into second grade in September and Elise and Corinne are heading into kindergarten and they are PSYCHED as am I! Come September I'll have a pretty quiet house except for Dean who turned a year on June 2 and is totally loved and pampered by his three older sisters. He started walking at 10 1/2 months and toddles everwhere now. He's also extremely vocal (he doesn't really say words as much as just being LOUD!) probably because that's the only way he can be heard as the youngest of four kids!
    Here's a recent photo of the family taken at Dean's first birthday. Alexa is on the left in the polka dotted swimsuit, Corinne is in the black, orange and pink swimsuit and Elise is wearing the grey long sleeved shirt (she got cold at Dean's pool party, go figure!). Hubby and I are behind the birthday boy.
    I still keep in touch with a couple of members here via Facebook but it's nice to see how everyone else is doing.

Ferris, I so wanted to name our little man Griffin Dean or Dean Griffin but apparently there's some basketball player with that same name so hubby wouldn't go for it. I'm happy that you got your Griffin!

Sophia, I am so glad you got your little boy! Huge congratulations! All your children are beautiful!
    A 5/31/05, L 5/11/09, and E 6/6/13

Sophia Good to see that I am not the only one with 4 kids! Griffin Crafts was the first on my g-pa's side to come to America in the 1650's, and since we use family names it seemed right. Love the name Dean though! It's going to be so quiet in your house with only one! My DH took 3 of the 4 camping last weekend and it was SO quiet with just Griffin. I am friends on facebook with a few member too and it's amazing how time flies.

2nd Grade!?! I can't believe our kids are going into second grade. I am still amazed that he can read, do math, etc. My little baby shouldn't be able to do that already! He does really well in reading and math, and PE not so good, but that's his favorite subject go figure. He does struggle with behavior, he's not terrible, but get sidetracked early and is a early finisher so he can be disruptive to others. Hopefully now that he's in second grade things will be more academic and challenging for him.

#4 I think the last time I posted it was when we were first expecting #4. Griffin was born on May 25, so the boys will have close birthdays, but I already plan on celebrating them two weekends apart. I thought Douglas would be fine with his new brother, but he's the one that is acting out the most. Mostly whining, making these faces, and sometimes being mean. He's not terrible, just not the loving brother he is to his sister Charlotte.

Here is a picture of him holding Griffin.
    Brian & Kim 7/13/02
    Douglas 5/05 Margaret 3/08 Charlotte 8/10 Griffin 5/12

Sophia~I thought of you a couple of days ago and wondered how you were doing. I had no idea you had a fourth and a BOY, too! So exciting for you! My 3rd turned one on June 1. Great picture of your crew!

Ferris~Love the pic of the boys!

We've had quite the summer here. Lots of sickness and now sitting at home with suspected hand-foot-mouth in the two older kids. Fortunately the baby (toddler, now, I guess) hasn't shown any symptoms.

School planning is starting to get underway here. I'll have a 3rd grader and kindergartener in addition to entertaining the little one AND teaching one class at a local private school.
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

I check in occasionally too. I am having a hard time with the realization the Sarah is 7 and will be in the 2nd grade. Time really does fly.

Sarah can be a girly girl and other times very tom boyish. I am glad I have a mix of personalities. Our youngest Nathan will turn two next month.

SophiaGlad you have your boy!

TGRSorry you have a summer of illness. Sickness is not fun at any time of the year but especially in the summer.

FerrisCongratulations on your 4th.
    "If you want to do something for world peace, cultivate kindness,
    stop hating, and have hope for all individuals including you."
    -- Patricia Sun

Wow! I decided to check in for some reason, too. Love seeing everyone's update. Collin will be in second grade this year, too, though we are in England now, so technically he is "Year 3."
    Collin 6/13/05
    Brady 1/17/07

Caitlin 8/3/10