Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default House Inc./Little House Inc. Bedding?

Does anyone have this brand of crib bedding? If so, what do you think? I want to know what the quality is like. It seems inexpensive compared to other bedding brands...

There are a few of us that have it. I have the Pink Pashmina crib set. Have had it about 2 years.

The fabrics are absolutely beautiful. I have two complaints, however. One, a couple of my bumper ties have come off. I assume it is from the cleaners (they change our sheets weekly) pulling the bumper up to get the sheet off the mattress, but I still feel it should have held up better. My other complaint is that the chenille fabric has rubbed off in a couple of places from the few times the bumper has been laundered.

All that said, I am still considering getting my DD's big girl bedding from them.

I just purchased Little House bedding in the Marche Rose print. Everything in the set I purchased is cotton. It's beautiful and appears to be well made. Of course, ask me this in a year and I'll let you know how it's held up!

PS-Another good brand is Serena & Lily. My niece has S&L bedding and it's just adorable. It's held up very well and my niece is 1.5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by linekelei View Post
    PS-Another good brand is Serena & Lily. My niece has S&L bedding and it's just adorable. It's held up very well and my niece is 1.5 years old.
    Glad to hear that as I just got S&L for DD2 AND a S&L set for DD1's big girl room (but still toying with going with house instead).

Are the bumpers pretty thick? I can't tell from the pictures? Do you happen to have any pictures of it IRL?

The set I like doesn't have any chenille on it..it's all poplin. It's this one:
    http://www.laylagrayce.com/detail.aspx?ID=938

We do gender neutral since we don't find out the sex..

I'm not pregnant yet so plenty of time to decide!

The bumpers are not nearly as thick as I thought they would be, which I guess is a good thing (for SIDs?). They seem nice and firm. But being a first-time mom, I'm no expert here.

I don't have any pics of the bedding (still in the box because I want triple confirmation that it's a girl before we wash anything), but maybe Bloomwood does.
    Last edited by linekelei; 04-23-2008 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by linekelei View Post
    The bumpers are not nearly as thick as I thought they would be, which I guess is a good thing (for SIDs?). They seem nice and firm. But being a first-time mom, I'm no expert here.

I don't have any pics of the bedding (still in the box because I want triple confirmation that it's a girl before we wash anything), but maybe Bloomwood does.
    Thank you! The bumpers on my DD's crib are definitely thick, and I have to admit I like them like that. But then again, she's over 2 and a half and still has them in and uses them as pillows! So that might be a not so good thing for me..although I guess every child is different and the next one could be a climber. Hmm.

I can take a picture tomorrow.

DD has never been able to get out of the crib with them (and she's a wimp).

Have you considered giving your DD a pillow? We put on in DD's crib when she had an ear infection a few of months ago per the nurseline and she hasn't let us take it out since!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomwood View Post
    I can take a picture tomorrow.

DD has never been able to get out of the crib with them (and she's a wimp).

Have you considered giving your DD a pillow? We put on in DD's crib when she had an ear infection a few of months ago per the nurseline and she hasn't let us take it out since!
    She doesn't like a pillow in her crib. She actually has an entire big girl room ready..down the hall..and she just doesn't want to sleep in there.

The house crib bedding has nothing to do with her, though, it would be for DC #2. I just don't have somewhere close by to see the bedding, so you guys are all I have! Thanks so much for taking a pic..I really appreciate it! I just want to see the thickness.

Here are some pics I took when I had to send the bumper back for the tie repair. Let me know if these give you a good idea of thickness or if you want me to take another pic.