Quantcast
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Disneyland

We liked having the suite, with four people (and my boys being the high energy type who bounce off walls) the extra space is nice, but it's not absolutely necessary. We did put the boys to bed at least an hour or two before us each night. It was nice to be able to hang out in the living area and watch tv... and share a bottle of wine (which I desperately needed because I am SO not an amusement park person!) 😂 But we could have definitely survived in one room if we had to.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Thanks for the ideas. I ended up booking the former Ramada. Once I started down the rabbit hole of cheap accommodations, it was hard to stop halfway. I did spring for the more expensive room with queen beds instead of the full beds that came standard. We're not barbarians after all.
    Betsy and Dave, married 10/18/03
    Amelia Claire 3/4/07
    Nathan Edward 3/10/10

Haha! Full beds!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Full beds! I recently booked our hotel in Copenhagen and it has full beds in rooms the size of a postage stamp! I'm not sure how that's going be. At least it is only one night. DH says it will get us ready for our stateroom on the cruise ship - but I think that room will be bigger and it has a queen bed.

Hey Katie, do you mind posting about your experience with the disability access card? My friend has a son with high-ish level autism and she was thinking she wouldn't be able to get a card but I was thinking she would, but I have no idea how it works now.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Laura, it was a godsend for us. Basically we just went to City Hall (had to wait a bit) and then talked with a cast member there. I just said my son has special needs and listed a few of his symptoms (sensory/space issues, difficulty waiting in line, etc). Honestly I probably could have stopped at "special needs" as I don't think they are allowed to ask about the disability and he pretty much cut me off once I said a few words. The cast member approved it immediately and asked how many were in our party. Then he linked the access card with Max's Disney card.

Whenever we wanted to go on a ride we would find a Guest Services kiosk (one in each land) and tell them which ride. They would look up the wait time for that ride, take about 10 mins off it it and tell us to go at that time. They would scan our cards with the ride/return time (or something, can't remember exactly). At our appointed time we would then head to the ride, a cast member at the entrance to the ride would scan our cards (half the time their scanners wouldn't work!) and tell us to get in the FP line or go in through the exit. We waited probably 5-10 mins for each ride, maybe 20 for Radiator Racers.

When we were done with the ride we had to find another kiosk and start the process over. Only once was it a pain to find a kiosk, most are pretty easy to get to. Also, your friend's son would have to be on the ride if they use the DAS card for that ride. So you can't use the card for a ride he doesn't/won't go on.

Overall it was easy to get and easy to use. She should totally get it, especially if lines/crowds are tough for him.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Oh, and not sure where she's staying, but the Grand CA was super accommodating for us.
    K&K 10.5.02
    E 3.8.05
    M 6.24.09