Quantcast
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland

Default Disneyland

i searched, but didnt find a disneyland thread. i am most likely taking the kids to disneyland (california) this year as its much more convenient and we can get better accommodations than disney world at a similar or lower price.

i am an active member at www.disboards.com and have perused the meager offerings at www.allearsnet.com, but im looking for more info.

im pretty set on staying in a hotel with bunk beds (in taking both kids to look for a new bed for ds they were smitten with bunk beds, this is a compromise as im not planning on actually buying bunk beds), and i have found a perfect place right across the street from DLR (disneyland resort). any other bunk bed hotels within walking distance?

also, where can i find deals on park tickets?

what are the "must see" rides, attractions, and character dining experiences for the 2-4yo crowd?

any other tips for those traveling with 2-4yo?

I have been to Disneyland but only with our at that time 10 month old son.

In regards to the bunk beds, if your kids have never slept in one before, they may get scared, especially at 2 and 4. So be sure the hotel has hotels that have normal beds as well, just in case you need to switch rooms
    Mommy to Easton, Julianna and Katelyn, missing my Rebekah

Bump! Heading to Disneyland in December. Have been researching hotels in the area, but haven't come across any that I love....anyone that has been there, where did you stay? Looking for a nice place, it doesn't have to be right AT Disney, as we will have our car and are only going to the park for one day. Thanks so much! :-)

We stayed at the Anaheim Hilton, it was nice, but not near the park. Also stayed at the Carousel Inn, SUPER close, but not as nice. HTH!
    Ethan 2/5/03 Kelly 11/25/05 Maddox 6/18/08
    I have CDO. It's like OCD, but all the letters are in alphabetical order...like they should be.

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, it's several yards from the park. We actually saw a little of the fireworks once night from our room. The room was big and really nice. The staff is nice and there is a shuttle as well. They have an outdoor pool, hot tub and baby pool. I did laundry while there one night and it's really clean and well lit.

We were just there a couple weeks ago. We did priceline for $80/night and got the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We were nervous based on a few Trip Advisor reviews, but really it was perfectly fine. Clean, pool, etc., your basic hotel room, not dated looking. We were pleasantly surprised.

We also had our car and were just going to Disneyland for one day, so we ended up just driving. Next time we would probably do ART (it does have a line).

Bumping.

We are planning a trip in May or June 09 and are just starting hotel research. From my spotty memory there aren't any hotesl that close by like at Disneyworld, but we want something as close as possible...any reccomendations?

gardenmommy - I really recommend the Candy Cane Inn, you could walk to Disneyland from it if you wanted, it's on the same side as Disneyland, actually butts up next to it. The place was super clean and not dated at all. Had a fridge and the tub had a ledge which was nice, got to sit on the ledge and soak my feet one night, as I was pregnant and not allowed to take a bath. They give breakfast also. We really liked it there and the pool area was very clean. If we ever go back, we will stay there again.

This map belongs in this thread as well! It shows the location of all hotels within walking distance of DLR.

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn and I would NOT recommend it. It was a dive in serious need of updating, and the noise was pretty bad. I would not stay there again.

I have heard really good things about the Howard Johnson, and if you buy one of those large Entertainment Books and use the HoJo coupon you can get an amazing rate at the hotel. They have a new pool/splash area for kids, too. Next time we go, we will likely stay there.

Also, check out the Disneyland section of Disboards. Tons of great advice and recommendations. And if you really want to do your homework, cross reference the hotels on Trip Advisor. There are tons of reviews and customer photos on that site.

Bump