Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exersaucer for Tall Baby

We just bought an exersaucer for our daughter, but found out it can't be used for babies over 30 inches. dd was 27 inches a month ago at her 4 month wbv, so i imagine she has grown even more and will reach 30 inches in the next month or two. It seems a waste to get it for such a short time. Is there an exersaucer with a taller limit? Thanks.

My suggestion would be to skip the exersaucer all together and maybe by one of the little activity tables. We have this one and the legs can be taken off to use on the floor. My kids love it. Exersaucers are not really all that great for babies anyway. We have one from when my daughter was a baby, so we use it with our DS, but to be quite honest he doesn't really like it all that much and it takes up a lot of space.

Stayin Home and Lovin It!
    DD 2-4-05
    DS 5-4-07

jimmysgirl424 Guest

Asha, you already know that our DD is also quite tall. (27 inches at her 4 month WBV). We received a Rainforest Jumperoo as a Christmas gift and DD LOVES it!! That may be an alternative to an exersaucer, which DD also has. I didn't know it had a 30 inch limit! Why is that?

I had no idea those things had height limits on them! We had the Baby Einstein exersaucer. DS was always off the charts for height-I'll have to see if I can find the height limit for that one... 32 inches. Interesting. I don't remember when we stopped using it. He walked at 14mos, so I'm assuming around that time. In checking his stats, he was 27 1/8 inches at his 4mo WBV and 32 3/4 inches at 12mos. So, assuming your DD grows at the same rate, you could possibly get away with the BE one. I do remember that it has 3 height levels and we did eventually adjust it to the hightest one.

I 2nd the rec for the jumperoo if you're looking for an alternative. DS loved that thing!

We have this and our very looong DS loves it!!

Bright Start from Walmart

He has learned how to put one foot in front of the other and now runs around the table and lifts his feet up to enjoy the ride...he is 6 months!
    A & M *2004*
    C *06/2007*
    G *05/2010*

smittenk - that looks like so much fun for babies! do they really need to sit upright unassisted or is it ok if they can sit upright with back support?

thanks for the rec of the jumperoo, leslie and kym. it looks a lot like a swing. do you think my dd would like it since she wasn't really a fan of the swing?

kiki's mommy - that's a great suggestion too.

now, i have so many options. what to do?

We have a Baby Einstein one which I just moved to the highest setting - it's too tall for DD now, and she's 14 months.
    m & r 08.09.03
    miranda 10.30.06
    evan 05.04.10

The Rainforest Jumperoo is great. We got one for Easton after his ped told us at his 4 month appt to get an exersaucer, we decided a Jumperoo was more what we wanted. We tried him in it at the store and the smile he flashed we knew we were buying the right thing. The first day he needed a book under him but the next day it was gone and he was off jumping, we used that for a long time (he was on the 1st setting for about 3 months) and I was sad when we had to put it away. He got it to go up and down and even started swinging it back and forth when we knew we had to raise it to the next level.
    Mommy to Easton, Julianna and Katelyn, missing my Rebekah

DD is 80% for height and at 12 months, she still is fine in the Baby Einstein and the Evenflo excersaucers she has been in recently. She has room to go up a notch still on her Jumperoo.

I wouldn't worry about it because by the time the baby gets too big, they don't spend much time in the saucers anyway.

DD also loves her learning table, but that doesn't keep her contained while I cook dinner.
    Kristen
    Mommy to Abby ~~ 1/24/07
    Foster Mama to Medically Fragile L ~~ 4/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    smittenk - that looks like so much fun for babies! do they really need to sit upright unassisted or is it ok if they can sit upright with back support?
    It's totally fine! We put DS in it in October (4 months old) and he just started sitting up unassisted a month ago. DS loves it! We chose this one because a friend of ours has a daughter who still plays with it at 20 months. You can take the seat off of it when your child can walk so it just becomes a play table. I also like that it has things that DS still hasn't figured out yet.
    A & M *2004*
    C *06/2007*
    G *05/2010*