Quantcast
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Italy is at the top of my Europe-without-kids list. We are planning England/Wales/Ireland for DH's 50th, and I would love to take DD to France (and I can't go to France for a 3rd time without visiting Switzerland). But I have zero desire to bring my kids to Italy! I feel that it would be completely wasted on them - or at least not until they are much, much older.

I feel kind of bad for my manager's twin kids who are in Spain and Italy right now on semesters abroad. Their brother graduates from college in May and he guilted them into returning for his graduation, instead of them traveling for part of the summer. From what I gather he is a pretty selfish person - I don't believe he would do the same in return. He is staying in Boston for work next year so will be around for their graduations (actually one doesn't graduate for 2 years because he is doing a 5 year co-op program) but the one graduating next year is in upstate New York. I can completely see his skipping her graduation. Granted me and my brother aren't particularly close - we went to each other's high school graduations but not college ones - No way would I return from Europe just to attend a 1-day graduation!
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Default Going to Italy!! Need suggestions!

Interesting you think Italy would be wasted on kids. I think it's one of the best places to take your children. It's one of the most child friendly countries and there is so much fun stuff to do for kids. I loved Italy when I was a child way more than France.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dragon- Yes, I feel the same! I think my boys would love Italy. And the Italians seem to like kids more (or at least my type of kids! Lol I'm not sure France is ready for my kids yet!&#128514 Plus, DH has relatives in Italy on his father's side that we could meet.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

We took our kids to Rome 3 summers ago (they were 3 and 7). They both still remember the Colosseum, Vatican, and lots of homemade spaghetti! They also remember eating omelettes for dinner and gelato every night We used the "learn, eat, play" method for planning our days: museum, lunch, park/recreation/downtime. Repeat.
    Last edited by L&D Nurse; 03-21-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    * Wife, Nurse, Mom-squared, Yogi! *

It's not that I don't think that my kids would enjoy Italy, I think they would. It's just not on our list of places we want to go in the near future - we have a lot of other places and things we want to do with the kids while they are young enough to be going on vacation with their parents. If a free trip fell into our laps, sure, I would bring them! But I could easily see DH and I flying off to Italy as soon as DS is dropped off at college (in 10 years!). We will do the UK as a family, DH doesn't have a lot of interest in France, but Italy is the one place in Europe he wants to go to. To him Australia/New Zealand is the big outside-the-US trip we wants to do.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09