Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Scooter - yes between groom and his mom, not sure between groom and bride. I know groom and his mom have been at odds over his brother, who had a little drug habit going (groom is a police officer). Even the wedding party was upset.
    Ally - it was at Longfellows, which is a nice enough resturant, but not really a place to have a large reception.
    "You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love." Julia Child

Oh that is too bad. I love Longfellows. Man I am sorry it was so bad.
    Allyson and Brad 11/23/02
    Aiden Harrison 6/10/05

I was the maid of honor in a disasterous wedding 9 years ago. The hair stylist just didn't show up at the bridal suite where we were getting ready. The limo with the bride and bridesmaids got stuck in terrible traffic (we were in NYC), the end result of which was the bride arriving at the synagogue an hour after the wedding was called for. A bridesmaid (the bride's cousin) had a seizure during the ceremony, and the ceremony had to be stopped while we waited for an ambulance and the b-maid was taken down the aisle on a stretcher. While we were waiting on the ambulance, the rabbi took the bride, groom, best man, and I back to his office so we could try to calm down the sobbing bride. The rabbi convinced her to drink some red wine , which she promptly spilled down the front of her dress (pictures were, of course, still to be taken). At this point, the bride actually said through sobs, "maybe this just isn't meant to be", causing the groom to start crying as well. They finished the ceremony, but frankly everyone in the bride and groom's family was in a pretty bad mood throughout the reception (largely because they were worried about the b-maid who seized and was subsequently hospitalized). The bride couldn't stop crying anytime she thought about the wedding for months. Yet 10 years later, the couple is happily married with two kids. All this to say, awful weddings can be the beginnings of happy marriages, just as many a divorce has followed a dream wedding.

I had forgotten about this thread.

The bride couldn't stop crying anytime she thought about the wedding for months. Yet 10 years later, the couple is happily married with two kids. All this to say, awful weddings can be the beginnings of happy marriages, just as many a divorce has followed a dream wedding
    This is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by hub1176 View Post
    I had forgotten about this thread.

This is so true.
    So are they still together??

They are

Ally - it was at Longfellows, which is a nice enough resturant, but not really a place to have a large reception.
    O.M.G.
    The wedding I am in is there, and she has about 150 people coming. When we went to look at the place, I thought it was pretty small, but we were told it held everyone perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Standrea View Post
    O.M.G.
    The wedding I am in is there, and she has about 150 people coming. When we went to look at the place, I thought it was pretty small, but we were told it held everyone perfectly fine.
    Andrea, the wedding and reception or just the reception?
    I think it would have been fine if it was just the reception - but for the actual ceremony people were sort of packed in trying to see, and most had to stand since there were not really any chairs - there were a few but the staff never indicated who was sitting there or who they were meant for - I didn't sit in them thinking that some elderly/disabled guests might need them, but it was too hard for them to get to the chairs, so they wound up staying at their tables. I've heard other people say they have had lovely receptions there.