Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worst wedding..ever

I feel so horrible today. Last night my cousin was married. It was AWFUL!!! There was little or no organization (totally the fault of the place where it was held) but it lead to short tempers. In addition, the groom (my cousin) got into a shouting match with his mother and an arguement with his new wife during the reception. I have no idea what it was about, but the upshot of that was the bride was in tears(and not happy ones), on her wedding day. The DJ sucked, and kept messing up the songs, and played awful music so hardly anyone was dancing. That just added to the general feeling of doom. Literally people were taking bets on how long the marriage will last. I know it has nothing to do with me, but I feel sick to my stomach over it. DH and I left early, because I just couldn't stay there. There has been one other reception I went to and had that type of feeling, and that couple is divorced.
    "You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love." Julia Child

That stinks! I hope that their wedding was just a rough day and that after that they will be able to move on a with a long and happy life together.
    Kristen & Jason 5/19/06
    Our Peanut has arrived 5/20/09
    Our Bean has arrived 11/30/11

Eh, I had a fight at my wedding, then my fil yelled at me (b/c it was apparently my fault even though I didn't know about it), which caused me to cry, which caused my DH to yell at his dad, which caused his dad to leave the reception, which caused a cousin to leave to retrieve his dad. Oh, and the fight involved my sil and bil and a friend of mine. It caused my photographer to leave the reception, thinking the night was over. In the end, we stayed and had a good time (with the help of some drinking) . I'd hate to think that people were thinking our marriage was doomed b/c of some bad events at our wedding.
    My Projects - House stuff, sewing, gardening, etc....
    #1 - Andrew Wyatt, our angel #2 - Nora Grace (8/06) - our VBAC rainbow baby, #3 - Joshua Edward (9/08) - another VBAC, #4 - Charlotte Jane(2/11)

Oh Jennylou THANK YOU!! I am hoping that this is the case.
    I had been looking forward to this wedding for over a year - we are very close to that side of the family and we love the new bride. So it was very upsetting.
    "You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love." Julia Child

Hub, heck, it might even be a good sign. I had a pretty perfect wedding day, and I'm in divorce court, so go figure.
    It's a dog eat dog world and I'm a cat person...

PROUD MOTHER TO A WONDERFUL BOY WITH AUTISM....03.08.06

Well my wedding day went off with out a hitch. It was an absolutely perfect day. The food was great, the DJ was amazing and I had people telling me for months afterward that it was like a fairy tale wedding.

We were divorced 8 months later. Sometimes a bad wedding or a good wedding doesn't always equate to the success or failure of a marriage.

Please don't think I'm saying it was because things were not "perfect" that the marriage is doomed, it was the fighting between the groom, bride and groom's mother. The fact that everything else seemed to go wrong only added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Sometimes a bad wedding or a good wedding doesn't always equate to the success or failure of a marriage.
    That stinks! As a recently married woman, you want nothing more than for the day to go off without a hitch. But what Linz said is so real. Weddings aren't predictors of what a marriage will look like. I think there are hundreds of married couples that WISH the worst thing about their married life was that the DJ at the wedding was bad, or the food was nasty.

Hub, I get what you're saying--it wasn't the DJ & all of that, it was the fighting between the main players. I just have to wonder, since you are close to them, if you think that is representative of the bride, groom, and groom's mom's relationships? Or do you think the stress of the day just got to them? There's a pretty big difference in those two reasons.

That's awful people were taking bets against them.

he he where was it LOL!
    Allyson and Brad 11/23/02
    Aiden Harrison 6/10/05