Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone feel a lot of pressure down there?

I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it's almost like the pressure is right on my tailbone. It kinda feels like I have to go to the bathroom, but not really (and I don't)... and sometimes when/if the baby moves, the feeling will actually take my breathe away for a minute.

It's not so much pain as it just really uncomfortable. Does / did anyone else experience anything similar?

Hoping I'm not alone and thought I'd post in here before calling the Dr. like I said, it's not pain, so... could it be normal?

thanks

oh, and I'm 22 weeks, if that makes any difference!
    sweet baby boy 11.26.05

I would call your Dr. I haven't experienced what you're talking about at this stage of pregnancy, but my SIL did and for her it ended up meaning bedrest. I'm not trying to be an alarmist or anything, but if you have pressure 'down there', I think your Dr. may want to check things out. Again, please don't freak out! I would at least call and tell the nurse what you're experiencing though - there could be lots of explanations for it, but my only knowledge is what happened to my SIL.
    sugar, spice & everything nice...
    8/03 & 12/05
    snips, snails & puppy dog tails...3/10

oh god, that is definitely not what I wanted to hear. bedrest hasn't even crossed my mind. yikes. thanks for responding though, I will definitely call my doctor now.
    sweet baby boy 11.26.05

ok, 39 posts and only 1 response? noone else has any other advice to offer?
    sweet baby boy 11.26.05

I experienced the feeling of pressure down low but it wasn't until I was further along. I was a little past 30 weeks - around 32 weeks - when it started. I would call your doctor and speak with the nurse and tell them what you are feeling. Then they can decide if what you are feeling is normal or what. And they may want to see you just to be on the safe side and check things out.
    momma to DD & DS

usafwife, I have an appointment to be seen tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll know more and hopefully it's nothing too serious.

thanks
    sweet baby boy 11.26.05

I have been feeling pressure for a couple weeks now, but it's more like in the vaginal area than back by my tail bone. Like the baby is sitting/laying right on my cervix. I'm about 27 weeks. And it might last for a little while, but then it goes away. It isn't really uncomfortable or take your breath away type stuff though, I think it's good you're going in. And the fact that they'll wait to see you until tomorrow makes it sound like they're not too worried either. Good luck!

doubleR ~ I'm glad that you have an appointment for tomorrow. I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious. Please update when you get back.
    momma to DD & DS

Good luck!

I have tons of pressure all over down there, but I am 38 weeks.
    Kat
    Ben 8/18/05 Mikey 2/20/07 #3 due 9/02/08

well, Baby R has moved, re-situated him or herself and THANK GOD

finally, late last night, I felt a lot of movement and then RELIEF. I called the doctor this morning and explained that the pressure was gone. they said it's totally up to me if I still want to be seen, so I cancelled my appointment. I'm going in next week anyway, and I've been looking forward to that appointment b/c it is with MY doctor - I've been rotating around the practice getting to know everyone and I didn't want to go in today, for nothing, and then have that appointment cancelled.

I'm feeling lots of good kicks today, almost as if the baby is saying, I might have moved, but I'm still here

thanks again girls, I appreciate the advice!
    sweet baby boy 11.26.05