Quantcast
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Quote Originally Posted by melissafromnc View Post
    I'd love to see an update from astro as well.
    Hey Melissa...don't know if you've been back since you posted in our TTC 35+ thread and not sure if you still get notifications but ASTRO posted an update last year in the Infant/Late Loss/Stillbirth thread...just FYI.
    At 24w 4d my little boy...became an angel 11/7/07
    Rainbow baby arrived 12/6/09!

Added a dash of PINK 4/9/11

maxandmolly I'm not a single mom, nor a mom who is getting ready to adopt imminently, but DH and I plan to adopt from foster care at some point down the line (probably 2 children, either a sibling pair or one child and then later another) We will have three biological children of our own so our adopted two will likely be younger than them (when we proceed) but not infants. We had a potential adoption fall through about a year ago which would have been a 10 year old girl through foster care. Losing her was devastating, but has not discouraged me in any way from seeking that route again in the future. Good luck on your journey.
    Kate and Ricardo 6.26.04
    Jeremiah 1.10.06 Miles 10.24.08
    Tessa 3.23.11

I know it's been quite some time since this thread was posted in, but I was hoping to get some info/guidance on the whole adoption front.

A bit of background: Due to issues with me, I have been advised to not get pregnant. I'm not sure if this will be something permanant, but it's been an issue for the past 3+ years. My issues are not IF related, thankfully. For many, many reasons, DH and I have decided that if I could not get pregnant naturally, we would NOT pursue ART of any means (so no IUI, IVF, etc). We have no money to go the surrogate route, so that leaves us with adoption. I'm 100% ready to go this route, but my DH is not there yet. We also could not do a private adoption either. At this point, I think our best bet is to research the foster-to-adopt route, which leaves me hopeful but very scared.

Has anyone done this? I need as much info from some who has BTDT to take to my DH. If I were to venture a guess, he doesn't want to think about it to keep protect himself from possible heartache (child being returned to parent, etc). But, the truth of the matter is, we're not getting any younger, my biological clock is blaring, and there is nothing I want more in this world. I just want to be a mom...
    Last edited by sixlets; 02-17-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: grammar

I'm pretty sure that karlatta has foster-adopted! If she doesn't pop in here, maybe send her a PM. Good luck with everything -I hope you're able to get your DH on board soon!

Yes, I have. Twice. I'm running out the door, but pm me (because I have the memory of a gnat and won't remember to come back in here) and I'll come back and answer any questions you have. There are also a few more foster-adoptive moms around.
    Karla, CPST Mom to DS1 5/06 * DD 8/07 * DS2 8/08 * DS3 3/10

Thanks karlatta! Just sent you a PM.

Thanks mcg! I'm hoping to get him more open to the idea once I have more answers. He just doesn't want to talk much about it right now. He was the same way when I had my m/c in 2008. He just walls himself off.

I did not end up proceeding with my adoption plans, but I did work the other side for many years. I was in CPS for over seven and adoptions exclusively for about 18 months. Although each state/district/county runs things a little (or a lot) different, I'd be happy to answer any general questions you have.