Quantcast
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Wonderful news Karla! Congratulations to all of you!

Yahoo Karla!!!! I've been waiting for this news for you--I'm so thrilled for your family!
    Gina + Evan - 5/17/03
    Annika Rose - 2/3/06, placed in our arms at birth by her very loving birthmom...and Adrian Michael - 3/8/08

Congrats Karlatta! I've been reading along and am so happy for you and him!
    ditto!
    Loving my DDs and DS

Another lurker here who wanted to pass along congrats to you Karla, and your family. I think this might be your "Best Week Ever" (to steal from VH1! )
    I married my best friend on 5/28/00
    Best friends became parents on 12/20/07
    Becoming parents again, EDD April 23, 2011

This could be it's own thread entirely, but is anyone considering international adoption? (Russia, Guatemala, Ukrainian, China, etc?)

Through my research I have learned the pros and cons of international vs domestic...Mainly cons with international being infants are less common, potential institutionalized related issues/health issues, and extensive travel/travel related expenses. The pros however are that many Eastern Europe adoptions in general are quicker, and there is an abundance of Caucasian children. In addition to this, most adoptions are closed/and birth parents have already relinquished parental rights. Adoptive parents have no obligations to birth mothers, etc.

If DH are unable to conceive in the next year, Eastern European adoption will be a strong consideration.

congratulations karla!!!

Wow, it has been LONG time since I have posted in this thread, but I check back often and keep up with what is going on.

Karla, congratulations to you and your DH, so excited for you!!!

Heidi9771, our first daughter was adopted from China November 2005. We are currently in the process for our 2nd China adoption right now.

I know many people who have completed Russian adoptions. If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Take Care all!!!

Congrats Karla! Such great news, on both babies!!

Heidi9771, I am in the final stages of adopting from S. Korea. We are waiting for travel approval to go get him--a baby boy now about 6 months old. I know a lot about the S. Korea program, obviously. We chose it because it is a fairly short process (about a year for us), younger babies, great pre-and post-natal medical care, and the babies are in foster care not orphanages.

If you have questions, please ask or pm me.

Yet another lurker coming in to congratulate karlatta! That's so exciting!

delurking to congratulate alo and karlatta!!!! i am an adoptee, so these stories warm my heart.

alo i sent you 2 packages a while ago, and forgot to include a note. i hope they made it to you. if you need anything for little girl, please email me (nancydrew8 at gmail). i have a ton of dd's stuff left over.