Quantcast
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

My name is April.
    Married July 2, 2005
    Age 21 DH- 24
    Reason to adopt: We truly find it to be a privilege and a resposibility to adopt. My husband was adopted by his great-aunt at 10 months, and is so greatful for her. We know that we have the love in our hearts to raise any child.

Our plan: We are far from being able to adopt right now. Newlyweds in a small apartment. I want to start the investigating now so that we can set goals on where we need to be in the next 5-10 years to adopt. We want to give birth to one child and to adopt a child between the age of 3-7. I understand that it may be difficult for either child, but I know my husband and I can provide an enviroment where they both feel extremely loved and extremely lucky to be in our home.

I am really excited to find this site. It would really help me to find out where you ladies found the information and criteria to adopt.
    MY PERFECT BABY BOY IS HERE!!!
    So Little Time But So Worth It!

Two agencies to look into:

OPen door adoptions, Bethany home Christian adoptions.

Neither care about your religion, but they have a good reputation. One gal I know has a biracial baby- Caucasion & Hispanic, another Caucasion & African American.

I would love you hear your opinions on this: (especially you, Diana, you always have an opinion on everything )

Here is the fee schedule for an adoption agency. This fee schedule is very much in line with what most adoption agencies charge.

~~~~~~~~

https://www.americanadoptions.com/adopt/pre_app

TRADITIONAL I PROGRAM
    The adoption of all non-African-American (i.e. Caucasion, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, etc. or any non-African American combination of races) healthy newborns and infants.
    Average Wait - 9 to 18 months.
    Parent Eligibility - Couples only, married a minimum of two years between 25 and 45 years of age with no more than one child.
    Fee Schedule - The average total cost is $20,000-$25,000.

TRADITIONAL II PROGRAM
    The adoption of all non-African-American (i.e. Caucasion, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, etc. or any non-African American combination of races) healthy newborns and infants.
    Average Wait - 3 to 9 months.
    Parent Eligibility - Couples only, married a minimum of two years between 25 and 50 years of age with no more than two children at home.
    Fee Schedule - The average total cost is $27,000-$35,000.

AGENCY ASSISTED PROGRAM
    The adoption of African-American (or any race combined with African-American heritage) healthy newborns and infants.
    Average Wait - 1 to 9 months.
    Parent Eligibility - Couples only, married a minimum of two years between 25 and 55 years of age. Number of children at home may vary.
    Fee Schedule - The average total cost is $12,000-$19,000.

~~~~~~~~

Part of me thinks this is great because I would want a black or biracial child and with the $10,000 tax credit, an adoption would be very affordable.

Another part of me gets this image of the black babies sitting on a shelf with a big sign saying red "Sale!" sign at Walmart
    Giovanna
    DH ~ 2001 | DD ~ 2006 | DS ~ 2008

Default We Have A Daughter!!!!

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well and that everyone had a great holiday weekend! We found out on Sept 2 that DH and I have a daughter! She was born in the Hunan Province of China and is 8 months old. We will hopefully be bringing her home in 1-2 months. Just thought I'd share.............Take Care!!
    Last edited by kbgirl28; 09-07-2005 at 09:02 PM.

Summerseven Guest

Congratulations!!!
    She's beautiful! Im so happy for you! I needed some good news

Part of me thinks this is great because I would want a black or biracial child and with the $10,000 tax credit, an adoption would be very affordable.

Another part of me gets this image of the black babies sitting on a shelf with a big sign saying red "Sale!" sign at Walmart
    I don't really get why there is less of a demand to adopt a black child? I have encountered many children of all races that have been adopted. I also know many parents of different races that have adopted children. My husband's and I have the outlook that we have the love in our heart for any child. I know that there are some cultural things that we may encounter if we raise a child of another race, and some things that we may not understand. But isn't that with any child???

I just don't understand the "price tag" on all of these adoptions.
    MY PERFECT BABY BOY IS HERE!!!
    So Little Time But So Worth It!

Quote Originally Posted by kbgirl28
    Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well and that everyone had a great holiday weekend! We found out on Sept 2 that DH and I have a daughter! She was born in the Hunan Province of China and is 8 months old. We will hopefully be bringing her home in 1-2 months. Just thought I'd share.............Take Care!!

How exciting! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Mrs_0702
    I don't really get why there is less of a demand to adopt a black child? I have encountered many children of all races that have been adopted. I also know many parents of different races that have adopted children. My husband's and I have the outlook that we have the love in our heart for any child. I know that there are some cultural things that we may encounter if we raise a child of another race, and some things that we may not understand. But isn't that with any child???

I just don't understand the "price tag" on all of these adoptions.
    Clearly, not everyone is as open minded as you are. And honestly, you could probably put me in that category, too, in some ways. I would be glad to adopt a baby of any race or nationality, but it is certainly my preference to adopt a mixed race black/white baby because that is what our biological kids will be. So maybe I'm no different.

Summerseven and lawyerlee Thanks for the congratulations. Summerseven, I am glad that I could bring you good news for a day We are so very excited!! We just found out today that more than likely we will be travelling to China at the end of October to bring her home!

Hi Ladies

It's been a while since I have posted.

KBgirl28- Congrats!!! Awesome news!

So I have some news to share with you all. Over the past 2 weeks, I have received 3 phone calls from potential BM's. The first 2 calls did not meet our specifications and the 3rd call was from a BM who is expecting triplets on or about Dec 1! Well it would have been a match except triplets is more than DH & I can handle. When I initially heard the message I started to cry because I knew that DH would definately say that we just can't handle it financially. So it took an hour or so of talking to him about it before I came to terms with the whole situation. I called her back and got her voicemail and left her a message explaining our situation but I also left her our attorney's number just in case he has a couple that would be a match. I guess it's true that this is the worst part of the whole process. Waiting for that special call.

Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day.

Bella213