Quantcast
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fwgirl View Post
    Jane&Andy I have that same bag. I sprayed the dirtiest parts with OxyClean and then ran it through the washer on the gentle cycle. After that I let it air dry. It worked pretty well. It didn't get everything out (mine was really dirty!) but it helped a lot.
    thanks! I think I'll give it a try. The magic eraser and a damp cloth helped some too.
    Joseph Andrew, 3/16/06
    Benjamin Alexander, 3/7/08
    Henry Adam, 6/10/11

Looking for a bit more advice...

Yesterday I found a new bag I hadn't seen or heard of before, it's the Sugar Booger Utimate Diaper bag. I loved that it was big, lightweight, the organization and a few extras, but it was a canvas material which worries me...I think I need something more wipable. Does anyone have one or have you had experience with one?

I also came to the realization that a Fleurville Mothership or Oioi Messenger seem to be organized the way I like and are probably the only ones I find big enough for 2...Anyone with an Oioi Messenger with positive or negative feedback??

Thanks!

I have an oi oi messenger - but I only have one baby. I really like the size, and it slides over the handles of my P3 stroller - which was a must for me. Oi Oi rolls up their changing pad, but I unrolled mine and folded it into a rectangle and put it in the back pocket. It also came with a clear zippered bag, which I put all of my toiletry stuff in there (tylenol, mylicon, extra breast pads, butt paste, aquaphor, nail file, etc.) On the inside, there are one long elasticized pocket one one side and two smaller elasticized pockets on the other. In the smaller interior pockets I can fit my diapers and wipes perfectly! When I go on trips, I put about 8 (size 3) diapers on one side and probably 3-4 more diapers and wipes case in the other. (I'm terrified of being stranded without diapers!!) The two side outside pockets are nice too. We bf, but I have put a bottle of BM in the pockets before. I haven't tried a sippy yet. I just switched to a back-pack type diaper bag, but I still love my Oi Oi messenger! I have the black and white floral pattern with red interior. If you have any other questions, I'm happy to try to answer them!

Ausi~ Thanks so much for the info...I guess the only other question I have is if it's lightweight when empty?? Oh, and does it have metal feet on the bottom? How has the fabric held up? It looks like sort of a wipable microfabric, is that right??

I also have a OiOi Messenger, but I don't like mine. It was a gift from DH or I would have sold it. I am a medium packer and wouldn't be able to pack 2 babies. I found it too large for day to day use with 1, but not large enough for long trips/outings. If I pack too much, then I cannot get the flap to snap closed which is really bothersome when I am carrying it. My biggest issue with it is the lack of adjustable shoulder strap, I need to be able to make my diaper bags longer or shorter and it just isn't possible with this bag.

Mine does not have feet on the bottom (it is an older pattern) and it does have a few marks/stains even though I have hardly used it.
    Us 03.03
    Big Sister 10.05
    Baby Brother 01.08

EJM - thanks for the additional info. Like I said - I've never had to think about packing for 2, so I can't say how it would work, but I agree, sometimes it can be too big for one, but I tend to be an overpacker, especially in the beginning - I liked to put a receiving blanket in there rolled up, some toys, etc.

Gardenmommy - in re: to your questions - It is lightweight when empty, and I'm pretty sure it has metal feet on the bottom. The material is hard to explain, it is not plastic-coated like the fleurville totes, but it is definitely wipeable with a damp cloth.

I ran my Skip Hop Duo through the wash last night. It looked fine at first but once it dried I could see yellow blotches of discoloration all over it. Oh well. That was a waste! Still love the bag but I learned my lesson about canvas and light colors.
    Joseph Andrew, 3/16/06
    Benjamin Alexander, 3/7/08
    Henry Adam, 6/10/11

I bought a Posh Baby Bag back when they were clearing them out on some site. I saved it for our summer travel, which kicked off this last week.

It was terrific. I can't believe how much this bag held. Here's most of what was in there, but I'm sure I'm forgetting:
    JJB snack capsule
    sippy cup
    portable dvd player in case
    2 board books
    a couple of toys
    a big pile of flashcards
    iPod
    2-quart size ziplocs of toiletries
    small blankie
    change of clothes for DD
    small packable umbrella
    dipes and wipes case
    a couple of magazines for me

Like I said, I'm sure I don't remember it all, but it held a ton. Even DH commented on how stuffed I had it. I don't like that the lining is black, but I knew that when I bought it (too good a deal to pass up). And, the backpack straps are not very comfortable. I wish I'd remembered to bring the shoulder strap with me to try it out. The bag itself is lightweight and the outside fabric is very durable. It has a ton of pockets which helped keep everything organized and easy to find (except for the challenge of the black lining!).

I can't see that I would ever carry a bag this big for everyday, but for travel it was perfect. We are going overseas next month and I already know that this bag will make life much easier.

JaneandAndy- I am so sorry about your bag. Maybe you will find a better color on Ebay or something. I would be so sad if I ruined a bag that worked well for me.

2 Red Hens- I got my bag from Amazon and after using it for a week, I know I have found the bag for me. I absolutely love the Whole Roost! I have gotten so many compliments on the pattern and I can't believe that I waited so long to order it.

Jane Contact Skip Hop and provide them a picture. I had a similar washing fiasco when I had a duo- no color issues but the velcro detached when I washed mine in the machine on delicate in cold water (as directed). I had to send my bag back to them but they sent me a brand new one to replace it! And I even got to pick a different color at my request!
    Married....7/21/01
    DD...4/25/05~DS...1/26/07~DD2...12/15/10