Quantcast
Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Master Diaper Bag Thread #2

Bags, bags and more bags!

Master Diaper Bag Thread #1
    DS 3/31/06
    DD 6/14/09

lil geek~I have a Kecci bag that is similar in size and fabric to what you posted. As far as size it's been fine for me, however I usually carry a small purse in addition to the diaper bag for my stuff I like doing that so I don't have to lug a big bag everywhere (like into the grocery store)

My bag usually holds 2 bottles/sippy cups, several snacks, 3-4 diapers, a wipes container, plastic bags, a few pockets of misc stuff, and a small blankie or toy on top.

And I have to echo what Kopper said about the brocade fabric snagging. I also always worry about putting it on the ground, especially if it's wet outside.

nettreefrog~I'm sorry for your frustration...The perfect bag seems so hard to find!

amazon has the bumble bag kimberly on sale for $37
    http://www.amazon.com/Bumble-Bags-Ki...3130974&sr=8-2

amazon also has the 2 red hens whole roost on sale for $32 in certain patterns!

Yay for Amazon! I just ordered my 2 Red Hens Whole Roost bag in Serendipity. I had a gift certificate so it only cost me two dollars. I am so excited. Glad I waited for the right price. I will be using it when I take DD to work with me so I figure that I will need a big bag. I also got the 2 Red Hens diaper pack in Miss Fancy Pants for extra organization as it was $8.
    Last edited by lindzgirl; 06-29-2007 at 03:31 PM.

I have a Skip Hop Duo in canvas (ice blue). I love it but its filthy. Does anyone have any suggestions for cleaning it without ruining it? TIA!
    Joseph Andrew, 3/16/06
    Benjamin Alexander, 3/7/08
    Henry Adam, 6/10/11

So glad to know that the ice blue shows the dirt. I almost bought a skip hop in the ice blue on ebay but wondered about that. I haven't seen the fabric so I don't know what to tell you. Would a Mr. Clean magic eraser work? I use that on alot of my bags and wallets and it works wonders.

lindzgirl - I've never tried the magic eraser on fabric. I may give it a shot - starting with the bottom of the bag. I knew the ice blue was a bad idea but I bought on ebay and never could win an auction for the red one. I love it aside from the dirt.
    Joseph Andrew, 3/16/06
    Benjamin Alexander, 3/7/08
    Henry Adam, 6/10/11

Does anyone use the Bumble Bags? I want a backpack style bag and theirs is on sale for $34 at Amazon, much cheaper than the Ju-Ju-Be I was thinking about.
    Another mama for Obama.

isobel - I haven't used a Bumble Bag yet but here's what someone people said about the backpack on a co-op board I belong to.

My first bag was a Blue Latte Madeline and I love it. It's the perfect size for baby things and not too big on my back. The only thing I didn't like about the backpack style is that if you need something in the bottom, you have to take everything out to get to it. I use pouches so that helped a little. All that being said, now that DD is getting older and I am carrying more toys, bigger clothes, bigger diapers... I ordered a bigger messenger style bag from etsy.
    I really liked the BB Madeline, as it was LIGHT as a feather packed. BUT I HATED the cup holders on the side. They're just not deep enough to hold them in.
    I also have a Madeline that I carry occasionally and I do like the fact that it can hang from a stroller.
    I disliked the Bumble Bag Madeline-found it not functional at all. the side pockets were worthless and it was like a black hole inside. but the fabric was beautiful!
    It seems several people don't like their customer service.
    DS 3/31/06
    DD 6/14/09

Jane&Andy I have that same bag. I sprayed the dirtiest parts with OxyClean and then ran it through the washer on the gentle cycle. After that I let it air dry. It worked pretty well. It didn't get everything out (mine was really dirty!) but it helped a lot.
    Our sweet baby girl 11.05.
    Our sweet baby boy 12.08.