Quantcast
Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

BusyBee~ Thanks! She loved dressing up, you should see what she really thinks a princess looks like, yikes! Boiler and I met on WC I think, we've become friends through there and here. Amazing the people you can meet online!

My DD will be 4 in a few weeks. She wants a casual playdate type party with a Cinderella theme. I'm planning on 5-10 kids and assorted parents. I was thinking of having it from 11-2 and serving brunch & cake. Menu would include mini-muffins, quiche, fruit, etc. Does that sound ok or do I need to do lunch (pizza & salad) rather than brunch?
    Nancy & David 10/12/02
    Connor Ryan born 7/15/05
    Avery Elaine born 4/2/07

nance I think brunch sounds great and you could probably even give it a tea party feel to go along with your Cinderella theme.

We did a royal-tea party for my DD when she turned 4.

We served tea sandwiches cut into small pieces, fruit cut with cookie cutters in stars and crowns, two-bite brownies with a bit of pink icing and Wilton crown flags from michaels, macarons and a cold fruit tea.

We played 2 games: pin the kiss on the frong with kiss stickers and a poster of a frog, and stack the sugar cubes to see who could make the tallest tower.

We did a decorate your own crown (from Michaels) craft and each kid took that home, along with a small goody bag with a rice krispie treat shaped like a crown, a tea bag of the fruit tea (from a local tea place), and a prince/princess book.
    J+S 10.15.05 C 12.03.06 EDD: 07.04.12

Hey ladies! My son's 6th birthday party is this weekend. We've got about 11 kids coming over from his K class and are having a Science Party. Basically we have someone coming to do science experiments with the kids for 1.5 hours. I've timed it so the kids will have 30 mins before the experiments to arrive, play, etc and 30 mins after for cake and play.

My question is what do I need for food? The party is from 1-3:30 (science guy from 1:30-3:00). I was thinking that since it was just after lunch I'd provide snacks - pirate booty, fresh cut up fruit, goldfish, ...??? I've also got juice boxes and then cake, of course. I was thinking I could do meat/cheese platter. I also thought (and tell me if this is cheesy) of getting a Lunchable for each kid. I know my son would be excited, but my DH thought that sounded cheap or something.

Am I missing anything? Should I provide something for the parents? I was thinking of pulled pork sandwiches. Some of my family (adults) will be there and possibly some parents of the kids. I've said the parents can stay or drop off, so I really have no sense of how many will stay.

TIA!
    K&K 10.5.02
    E 3.8.05
    M 6.24.09

I'd have some adult snacks for sure if you're leaving the stay/drop off option out there. I don't think I'd do a Lunchable - that to me says "lunch." What does your child eat for snack and when? I think the pirate booty, fruit, crackers would be fine. Maybe some milk/water/juice and you'd be set.

We had a similar set of snacks for DD's 4th birthday (had it at an off meal time) and the kids had some food, but not a ton. I'm glad I didn't go overboard with it.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Has anyone see any fun movie themed party ideas? We're going to do a movie party for the twins 5th birthday and I *think* we might show Madagascar ...any suggestions or links to past posts would be helpful! Thanks!

I didn't get to snap very many pictures of DS's party, but I did manage to get these on my iPhone.

The dino cupcake toppers were a hit.

These bags that I got from Etsy were too cute as well.

I made a banner, but forgot to take pics.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

yby1 - Those are awesome! Are those cupcake toppers made from marshmallows? They look great.

They were fondant. Made by Crafty Rosy on Etsy. I had them special ordered. Got the idea here: http://www.abakedcreation.com/2009/0...-cupcakes.html
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon