Quantcast
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Hey, ladies!

Books: I usually read to her about two books a day (generally both bedtime). B likes to "read" and play with her books a various other times of the day, and I might put one in the stroller or car to entertain her if we have errands to do. She definitely has preferences for certain books, too! But I will say that part of what she loves is the "act" of reading (like pretending to turn the pages and read, point at pages, mimic me) most often.

Sleep: DD usually sleeps from about 7 or 7:30 pm to 7:30 to 8:30 am. Her first nap is usually about two to three hours after waking, for about 2 hours (as shorts as 1.25 hours, or as long as 2.5 sometimes). Her second nap begins about three hours after waking from her morning nap, for about the same amount of time. We certainly have days when Brooks only has one nap, either b/c we are out or b/c she refuses (!), but she really needs to have two still. And, hell, I need her to have two!

Pointing/Fussing/Yelling (Pink_Converse): DD does this sometimes, too, and it is hard not to laugh, since it can be so funny! I find it best to just ignore her, though, and not "reward" the behavior when she does it and she will stop. I figure it will pass!

Had the biopsy yesterday--was a little scary and more extensive than I thought it would be, for some reason. Took 10 "core" tissue samples and put in a little stainless steel marker that will remain in place. Feel sore and bruised, a little scared. Will get the results back on Tuesday. Got in a huge fight with DH last night b/c he was being a typical man and not being "caring" enough. I wanted to talk and neede comfort, and he was trying to "fix" things and do stuff around the house when I just wanted him to be loving. Why do they need to "fix" all problems!!! Grumble. Today, in the aftermath, he was very solicitious and caring. Talk about speaking different love languages!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Jennifer

Have
    We were married October 13, 2001Our little girl arrived on May 7,2006
    Baby #2 due March 14, 2008

Em - Wow 9:30am to 1pm... that is a great nap!
    Love being a wife (7/26/03) and a mommy (5/5/06) & (4/24/09)!

mrst2001 - Good luck with the biopsy!

Wow Toddler section!

naps
    David usually wakes up between 8- 9am, then goes down for a nap at 10-11/11:30. Afternoon nap is normally from 12:30- 2. Today he got an extra nap in from 4-5:30, then was in bed by 8pm.

mrst2001 Hope all turns out well and in the clear!

walking David still isnt walking on his own yet. Today he was walking with assistance from his Fisher Price toy. So weird seeing him walk with it without me close by to catch him falling.

mimicking/ pointing/ect
    Caugh David mimicking his daddy's farts with his mouth and giggling. Nothing gets by him He loves to point and 'oot' for things that we are eating.

readingHe loves playing with the books and turning pages, but his attention level to sit and listen to me read to him isnt there. On the other hand he loves when I sing to him and now requests Ba Ba (Ba Ba black sheep)half way through ABC's

Potty Training Things are going really well. Only 1 poopy diaper all week! This morning he woke up and his diaper was not even a little bit wet! Still I think I may wait til he does walk to start him in big boy underwear.

Hope everyone has great weekend!
    David Henri- 5.6.06
    Mason Daniel- 6.18.08

Books: We read to her as part of her sleeping routine, so it's at least 3 times a day. We've been doing it since she was a few months old, so she really is used to it and likes it. She will even sit through fairly long books, like Curious George. Her favorites right now are The 3 Little Pigs and The 3 Billy Goats Gruff. (Because she's way into animals and also likes the voices. Especially DH's voices!) We also often read to her when she's sitting on her potty chair.

Sleep, we have an unusual schedule, because she likes to sleep in more than most babies. She wakes up at 8:30 or 9am, takes a nap around 10:30-12:30, and then takes a second nap around 3-4pm. She goes to bed at about 8:30. I've considered 1 nap a day, and sometimes we get by on that, but I've read in a lot of places that most children still need both naps until about 18mos. And I know she lasts better through the evening when she has 2 naps, so she must still need them.

Mrs U, wow, that's great that you are having so much potty-training success--maybe I missed it in the other thread, but how are you going about it? We've been putting DD on her little potty chair whenever she wakes up because she is pretty consistent about needing it then. I'm just trying to put her on it to get her used to the idea--and then she sits there we sing or read a book to help her relax. I don't think she's really connected what's going on yet even though we always make a big deal about it when she pees in the potty.

MrsT, good luck on the biopsy results. Sorry you had to go through that! This is a late reply from the other thread, but my DD is a little peanut, too. At her 12mo WBV, she was 18lb 4oz and 27.5 inches. People comment all the time. They act shocked when I say she's a year old and so I always have to add "but she's small for her age."

Mrst2001 - Sending positive vibes your way!

QOTD: Is anyone still using a sleep sack? If not, what are you doing? - I still use a sleep sack for DD. Does anyone else? I would like to move her out of it and to using a blanket to cover up. Any suggestions on this?
    Parakeet #1 - May 4th, 2006
    Parakeet #2 - April 26th, 2008
    Parakeet #3 - April 10th, 2010

Scooter
    Personally as a SAHM I have the time to enforce going to the bathroom during the day and keeping it consistant. We've been putting him on the potty several times a day- as soon as he wakes up in the morning, just after breakfast, just before naps, after naps, ect and it's been working like a charm! I use 2-3 diapers a day now (and they are barely wet) I find it best when I leave him alone in the bathroom and make my bed or his so he can do his business.
    Praise is the key when he does something- we do yeahs and hand clapping and big hugs When he doesnt I just tell him maybe next time you'll need to do something.
    I think with the next one I'll start as soon as he or she can sit up unassisted.

Sleep Sac
    Never used one. DS sleeps on top of a duvet instead of under it. I think he gets too warm when we do put a blanket on him because it doesnt stay on him too long.
    David Henri- 5.6.06
    Mason Daniel- 6.18.08

We still use a sleep sack...I imagine we'll be using them for awhile still. DS flips around constantly in his sleep, from end to end, so I don't think he's ready for a blanket. Halo makes toddler-sized sleep sacks, from what I understand. I bet we will be buying one soon, lol.
    Emily & Mike...Est. 7.31.04
    Jack Thomas was born on 5.25.06.
    Cole Michael was born on 5.16.09.

Sleep sac - We do not use one anymore. I just put DD in feet pajamas (light weight ones now that it is warmer). She has a blanket in bed with her but she usually cuddles with it rather then using in to cover her.

Fun news... DH and I put a deposit down on a new house! It should be finished in July so we will probably be moving in around August! I am so excited to finally be a home owner!

Nettreefrog
    Gabriel
    5/15/06
    No children on the way -- just my DD "Cheese" now age 13 years.

--

More later... I am swamped with work, my blog (see link in signature), and activities... Oh and Mr. Gabriel has been a handful lately -- biting, throwing temper tantrums, and getting into everything. Okay...back to work!
    Visit my website Andamom.com , my personal Live Journal, check out my father's artwork, or contribute to one of my favorite charities to learn more about me!