Quantcast

Default PSA: Apartment Therapy (decorating) 8 Week Cure starts 3-5-07

Apartment Therapy dot com (not just for apartments!) is starting another Eight Week Cure. The owner of the website, Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan guides people through an eight week process of "curing" their homes. He also wrote a book on the subject. He was recently on Oprah. I missed the show though.

While it is nice to have the book (it gives an more in-depth description of the process), you don't absolutely have to have it in order to participate.

You can participate in two ways: via a Deep Treatment or via a One Room Remedy.

The Deep Treatment is low-cost and focuses on the whole home. You start by going over the whole home the first week, then spend 6 weeks going through each room individually, then spend a final week going over the whole home again. It is kind of like FLYing (Fly Lady stuff).

The One Room Remedy is costlier and focuses on redoing one room of the home. You spend four weeks planning, three weeks working, and one week finishing up.

At the end, you have a party.

Here is the link to the website.

Anyone care to join me?

I assume the "cure" is for the design impaired, and not the organizationally challenged?

Sophia Guest

If it's like Fly Lady, I assume it's for cleaning/organization.

Well, I looked at the website and it refers to a "group interior decor adventure." *shrug*

I'll retitle the thread when we know more about it, I'm confused too.

Sophia Guest

Yeah, I looked at the site, too, and it seemed to be more design-oriented, so the comparison to the Fly Lady is confusing me.

Eeeek! Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anybody. It's a plan for re-doing your home.

One plan is a lot like FLY-lady, which I thought might get fledgling FLY-ers interested. It's kind of like FLYing at warp speed! - - but with a focus on improving the home design-wise.

The other is a whole room redo. Since a lot of people are doing whole rooms of their dwellings, I thought they might like to jump on the bandwagon.

I have been debating introducing the idea here, or not. It is possible to participate over there, but I don't plan on taking lots of pictures, I don't have a Flickr account (yet) and the blog can seem "bogged down" to me.

This place just seems a little more "intimate" at the moment, which is why I thought about starting a thread here.

IS anyone besides me interested??? If not, I'll just let it drop.

I'll check it out when I have some time to look at it more closely Ali. The irony is I'm in the middle of doing several rooms of my house right now, but my situation is different; we started remodeling as soon as we moved in here two years ago, and have many, many unfinished projects that I am already pushing to finish up in the next month.