Quantcast
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Bumping this up again...sigh. The first cycle of Clomid didn't work, the next cycle was a bust due to ovarian cysts (likely side effect of Clomid, which is really awesome). THe following cycle I was traveling, then the next cycle more cysts, so I went on the pill for month. Ugh. So here we are on the second cycle of Clomid + HCG trigger. ALthough I didn't feel like either the doctor or nurse was all that hopeful - I guess my uterus lining was a bit thinner than they would like - ugh. I'm supposed to test today, although I am 12 DPO and I just reread what I wrote above and I tested at 14DPO. If this doesn't work (and I have ZERO symptoms other than being really tired around 7DPO), we are moving on to injectibles. mcgwigan - if you happen to see this, what injectibles did you do? What was the process/side effects? TIA!!
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

I did IUIs with injectibles. My injectible was follistim/HCG trigger shot. The process waspretty easy, although the daily monitoring was a bit of a logistical pain. Are you doing IUIs?

I'm not mcg but I did 4 iuis with injectibles using follistim. No side effects that I remember, and the shots are super easy.

Yes - super easy and no side effects. I was on a pre-pregnancy workout plan and I actually LOST weight while doing the IUIs (unlike IVF). I did not, however, get pregnant, but I was 41/42 and so had age-related issues. I did get pregnant with IVF and am expecting in October.

I found the IUI with injectables so much better than clomid. I had the same problem, 2 cycles with ovarian cysts both of which required surgery. The moitoring is time consuming but no side effects, IUI didn't work for me either but my first IVF resulted in twins who are now 4 1/2 and it took 2 rounds the second time for my younger DS
    M & T 10/23/04
    Our miracles Travis Aiden and Emery Paige 10/14/08
    Our Christmas angel 12/24/10 Colton Reed 11/16/11

jajacobsen, taffers and melandtim - thank you so much for each of your replies! I did not do the IUI with either clomid cycle ( I was going to do it with this one but sort of decided too late and they didn't have time to check insurance etc., plus I honestly was a little discouraged at my visit). I will definitely consider the IUI more carefully with injectibles. I did have one concern about the IUI I need to discuss with the doctor - I had an HSG done and it took her FOREVER to thread the catheter through - she said my uterus was tilted a little but OMG, what should have been a 10 minute procedure lasted about 45 minutes. Ugh. So I want to see if that has an impact on whether IUI is not an option.
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

lbs27 I used GonalF and an HCG trigger shot. I really had no side effects that I can recall from the Gonal F. Basically there is more monitoring with injectibles -I have a calendar from that time period at home that may have more info, but from what I can remember I went in every couple days for bloodwork/ultrasounds. When they got the bloodwork back a nurse would call and let me know what dosage I was supposed to use. The GonalF came in a pen type of thing that would dial up a dose. I had nightly injections up til the HCG trigger. I usually had 2 to 3 eggs each time. With the IUI procedure, the use a catheter -I'm not sure *where* exactly they thread it to -not sure if it's just to the cervix or what, but I'd imagine that they get it where it really needs to be to be successful!

are you going to an RE or is this your regular gyn? The IUI procedure was super quick. I can't remember how exactly it was done but I don't think you have to worry. It would come more into play if you had to do IVF. I remember having to go in for a practice run for IVF for threading the catheter, not for IUI. The negative for a lot of people with IUI is lack of control over the number of follicles you have. Most doctors will cancel the cycle if you have too many but that is where most of the high order multiples come in. For me I liked the control of choosing how many embryos to put back in with IVF. Of course IUI didn't work for me anyway. The most I got from IUI was 2 follicles and we wanted to have twins so I wasn't concerned
    M & T 10/23/04
    Our miracles Travis Aiden and Emery Paige 10/14/08
    Our Christmas angel 12/24/10 Colton Reed 11/16/11

Not all Dr's cancel with a high number of follicles -but it's wise to do. Mine would not have done an IUI with more than 3 follicles and said he'd want me to have a reduction if I'd gotten pregnant with twins(wouldn't have happened). My SIL at the time was going to a different RE in a different city -IUI day she had 5 follicles and her DH's sperm count was waaaay higher than usual. I told her she never should have gone through with it- but she did an it resulted in a quadruplet pregnancy - it was awful. She ended up with a singleton in the end.

I did not have a trial run for IUI - the procedure itself was not bad - probably similar to a PAP?