Quantcast
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I think it is 6, but I would probably move on after 4 if I were you.
    I agree. I only did 2 or 3 cycles with Clomid. I just wasn't comfortable with all the bad things I'd heard about it going all the way to 6. Plus I lived by the 3 strikes and you're out rule. If something doesn't work after 3 tries it probably won't...so my motto was "move on".

Quote Originally Posted by sea74 View Post
    There was another site I went to which was a bit more ... easy going called fertile thoughts. Not sure if it's still around though.
    Yep, it's still around fertilethoughts.com. I started going there after losing DS#1 because there seemed to be so many more girls who understood what I was going through and had had that experience. Continued on in a baby group after getting pregnant with DS#2 and was there up until just after DD was born. I think you'll find it more helpful than IVFC, KELLIE, since you are not going to be doing IVF. The IUI board there from what I remember is a lot more active than at IVFC.

Quote Originally Posted by taffers View Post
    I still feel like I could be an RE if I didn't have to perform surgery.
    DITTO! People starting coming to me (close friends who knew we'd done ART) and asking me fertility advice! LOL
    At 24w 4d my little boy...became an angel 11/7/07
    Rainbow baby arrived 12/6/09!

Added a dash of PINK 4/9/11

Bumping this up - not sure anyone is still around, but maybe the "news feed" feature will help. :-) I am finishing up my first cycle of Clomid with an HCG trigger. I am also using progesterone suppositories (ugh, so messy!). My usual LP is 10 days, although it has been as long as 12. Tomorrow is 14DPO and I was told to test tomorrow morning. I have zero symptoms and am fully expecting a BFN. But, I'm wondering what has helped me get to 14DPO this cycle - is it the progesterone or the HCG trigger still being in my system? (I haven't taken any tests, so I didn't test it out of my system or anything). I hadn't realized I would be taking the progesterone until it showed up as part of my med package in the mail - LOL, so I didn't ask about what effects it would have. Any help/info is appreciated! TIA!
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

It's the progesterone that will keep your period from coming in some people (trigger shot has nothing to do with it), but it never kept AF away for me! I always joked with my RE that my body doesn't want to get pregnant so bad that my period will even come through progesterone! Haha!

Good luck to you!!

I agree, it's the progesterone not the HCG. Although like taffers, it didn't work for me.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Definately the progesterone. It always keeps my periods away. Infact, last cycle I took the progesterone from 7dpo until 14dpo when my beta came back negative. Once I stopped the progesterone is took 7 full days for my period to come.
    LJ: SparklingStar21

Thanks, ladies! I really appreciate the feedback. Test this morning was negative and nurse said I should get my period within 4 days of stopping the progesterone. I hope so, anxious to get on to the next cycle!

I'm late here, but yes, the progesterone. Clomid also makes your body produce more progesterone as well, so the levels are pretty high I think in combination with the suppositories. Good luck! How many clomid cycles are you doing?

Thanks, mcgwigan! I am doing one more, so two total. I'm 38, and seeing "signs of aging" in FSH levels and some other levels. Apparently my eggs think we're 45. I think she's only going to let me do 2 cycles and then want us to move on to something else. I'm not entirely sure I want to do IVF (I was always in the camp that I wouldn't do any extraordinary measures and if it happened it happened). I am ok with Clomid and maybe an IUI, but not sure about IVF. So, I really hope this cycle works!

hi lbs, no advice on the progesterone, but just wanted to wish you good luck w/your next cycle. I did, however, did do the hcg trigger shot. What CDs are you taking the clomid & what dosage are you on?
    DS 2008

GOod luck -fingers crossed for you! I did 3 rounds of Clomid + IUI, then moved on to injectibles +IUI, which is what ended up working for us on the second cycle of that.