Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No album... Its been 3+ YEARS!

I need some advice re: our wedding album. I was married in July of '03. Our photographer was awesome to work with and we got our proof book in a reasonable time frame. Well, it took me a few months to pick all the pictures I wanted for the actual album and then to make an appointment to go over them with the photographer. I gave her back the proof book at this meeting (~jan/feb '04) and she wrote down all the pics I wanted in our album. Since we get to keep the proof book I called her and asked to pick it up in March '04. She had no issue with this. We moved out of the area in April '04 so I forgot about the album while moving/getting settled. When I realized I still didn't have it I emailed her saying I would be in town, could I pick it up (Nov '05). No response. I had DH call her and she said that it still was not done but we were next in line to be completed. She hand develops all her film so I was not as frustrated as I could be. She offered to do a pregnancy shoot as an apology for taking so long. I declined the offer as I was not a "glowing" mom to be. This was the last contact I have had with her. I have emailed and called about every 3 months since then and have heard nothing. We paid ALOT for her services which included a leather bound album with 60 photos. She has a website and it has been updated recently so I know she is still in business. I don't know where to go from here. I can't just show up at her studio because she works from home. She is either ignoring or not receiving my messages. I am more fed up now than before because my proof book was damaged when our roof leaked and now am missing a ton of photos. It has been almost 4 years, I am pretty sure it should be ready by now. What would you do? TIA

I would give her one more chance and then look at small claims court to recoup either the photos or the money. It really seems like she's stalling so maybe she lost your order or something like that.

Do you have a friend or family member that is a lawyer and could give her a call?

My photographers are really slow too. My parent album took them 5 months to put together when they said it would take 1 month. But I haven't paid for it yet so I am not really pissed or anything. Obviously this is nothing like your case. In your case I would be really pissed. I would actually send her an email and call her (if you do not get a confirmation on the email) saying something to the effect of, "I really would love hearing from you as I do not want to take this result in any legal action whatsoever. I loved working with you and am excited to receive my album after having waiting so long."

Do you remember the numbers of the photos you chose? I would include that in the email/letter just in case she lost it (mine lost ours once so I had to resend it).
    "He who knows he has enough is rich" - Lao Tzu
    --<--@ Tiffany @-->--
    LJ ~ Chart

The only other advice I have is to make sure you report the results to the Better Business Bureau in that area and any professional associations the photographer claims to be affiliated with so no other brides contract with this person without having the opportunity to know about your bad experience.

Good luck. I hope you get your album.

I would send a certified letter to her asking for the album. Then I would make it clear to her that you will be taking her to court. What is the statute of limitations in the area.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I was thinking court was an option but I am hoping it doesn't have to come to that. I really loved working with her on my wedding day and our proofs are AMAZING. I could care less about the $, I just want my pictures. She keeps all the negatives so if I ever wanted reprints (which I didn't right away because our budget was BLOWN, but I do now) I will have to go through her. A certified letter is a great idea. It shows I mean business, but is giving her another chance before I 'send in the hounds' so to speak.

tlew12778 I don't know which pictures I had selected. On top of that, my proof book was pretty badly damaged when our pipes burst causing our roof to leak. About 30% of the pics are destroyed and more are messed up but I am hanging on to them just in case I never see the real things.

I would also ask her for another copy of your proof books. It's really the least she can do considering her tardiness.

Oh and in this day and age, I would also ask her for digital copies of your photos. I am sure she must provide this service by now. If not there are labs that can convert your negatives. She can pick up the bill for that.
    "He who knows he has enough is rich" - Lao Tzu
    --<--@ Tiffany @-->--
    LJ ~ Chart

We got married in Sept of '03 and still haven't ORDERED our albums, I thought "Oh goody, motivation!" when I saw the title of the thread....

However, since it's the photog being slooowww in this process, I agree with PP's about sending certified letter. That will get her attention (hopefully) if she has just been "putting it off." Good luck!

This sounds similar to my experience. Our photographer was suppose to get our pictures developed and put on CD's. It was always "coming soon" or she was "mailing them shortly". After four months of this, my husband finally started to call her literally 5 times a day. She was avoiding our calls, but that's still pretty annoying. It took a week of that, but she finally emailed to say that she didn't have the money to get the film developed, but we would get them when she got another job. I ended up telling her to just send me the negatives. I guess I lost a little money by having to get them developed myself, but I don't think I ever would have gotten what I paid for. Oh, we also looked her up on BBB at this time and she already had a complaint. That was going to be my next course of action.

Send a certified letter.
    They can refuse to sign for it though. Just be warned. I had a client decline mine.

Squekky wheel gets the oil.
    Go through her site to contact her. Maybe she changed emails.. and you have an old email.

I had a yahoo account for my email, but no longer use it. I have another account and no longer check the old one.