Quantcast
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Since I'm on, I might as well post a quick update - though there isn't much new going on for us.

We survived Christmas. The girls and I spent 10 days at my parents'. My mom had surgery a few weeks ago, and is pretty immobile, so we went over to try to help out as much as we could. It was a pretty stressful trip, as I was very busy trying to occupy both kids (for having 5 kids of his own, my dad was pretty useless in the kid department! ), help my mom, and do things like cooking and cleaning around the house. Will came over on Friday, and was there to help over the weekend, but we were all very happy to get back home on Tuesday. I have the rest of the week off before going back to work next week, so am trying to enjoy some down time with the girls.

Abigail is getting ready for her 2's, I think!! She's quite the ham, these days - babbles all the time, but still isn't very clear with most of her words. She's into everything, and her new favorite "trick" is tantrums! She had a full meltdown at the mall last night, and screamed at the top of her lungs most of the 20 minute car ride home. As we are just starting to move out of the "terribles" with Tallia, I'm really not looking forward to this stage. Hopefully, with a little experience under my belt, we can have a smoother go of it this time around. (One can hope, anyway!!)

That's about it here - the girls are yelling at each other, so I think its time for lunch. On the way out, a more recent picture of Abigail. We used a version of this for part of our Christmas card...

Happy Holidays to all of you, and your families!

Sonya
    ~Married 8/31/02~Tallia 1/14/03~Abigail 7/26/05~
    ~Eden 12/7/07~

Just stopping in to subscribe!!

And you can update that we are expecting a BOY on May 20!

And you can update that we are expecting a BOY on May 20!
    How did I miss this??? Congratulations!!!

I think its mighty interesting that all our RO's, thus far, are repeating with boys!
    ~Married 8/31/02~Tallia 1/14/03~Abigail 7/26/05~
    ~Eden 12/7/07~

Thanks! I just recently posted it on LJ. We surprised ALL our family at Christmas!

Congrats Lora! H&H 9 months to you.

And thanks Sonya for the new thread! Great job.
    Trenton Steele born 8/29/05
    JOURNAL - My Blessed Life

Thanks for starting up the new thread, Sonya

Congrats, Laura!

Subscribing...

Looking good in here!

Thanks for the new thread, Sonya. Abigail is so gosh darn cute!

And a big Congrats to Lora! Hope you are having an uneventful and happy pregnancy!

~Lori

I'm here - here's an updated picture for me - my Christmas lights' shot.

Congrats Laura!

I forgot to mention yesterday that we took Arrena in to get the second half of her flu shot. We were last at the Dr.'s office on November 15th.

On Nov. 15th, Arrena was 31.5 inches and 23 lbs, 6oz
    When we weighed and measured her yesterday, just about 6 weeks later, she was
    33.5 inches and 24 lbs. 12 oz!!! The girl is getting so tall!

We have started a Gymboree class finally. Arrena seems to like it. But everyone has asked how old she is. It's the 16mos - ?? class, and she's just barely 16 mos. We keep getting the "She's so big!" remark. I guess they're right in that she's grown a lot in the last month and a half. She can reach everything now, which is really annoying.

And she's starting to talk and sing. She sings the Alphabet song. She can't really say the words, but she has the cadence right and sings it the same way every time (most letters just sound like "eeee" or "esss"). Still, when she gets to "next time won't you sing with me", she points to herself. We love it!!! She's also saying "Cookie" and "thank you" as well as "hi" Good-bye", "Up" and "All gone".

Even better, while we were on vacation, we were dancing on with a video game (Super Mario Dance Challenge). It shows Super Mario on the screen and you have to follow the dance cues on a mat that's hooked up to teh video game. We were having a great time having a "dance-off" when Arrena insisted on getting on the mat and actually danced. She even tried to move her legs to the right places!! My mom has never laughed so hard! My girl is a dancing machine!!
    Last edited by Red'sGirl; 12-28-2006 at 09:23 PM. Reason: edited for corrections
    Arrena Ruth 08.07.05 Julian Mitchell 08.01.08
    America is the only country to go from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between ~ Oscar Wilde

subscribing...

Hope everyone had a better holiday than we did. We all got the stomach flu for 5 days. Ugh. Not fun.
    * Married 1.2003 * Sweet Son #1 - 8.2005 * Sweet Son #2 - 9.2007 * Baby #3 - EDD March 2012 (fingers crossed!) *
    Kilaar on LJ