Quantcast
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Santa! - Ok Bennett + Connor have me rolling those pictures are too funny. I decided to skip the whole santa thing as I thought I would pretty much get the same reaction from Jackson. In the meantime, my company had a Holiday Family Brunch party on Friday and they hired a Santa and Photographer so I decided to give it a shot. I was completely shocked he did not get hysterical however his facial expression was priceless - he was staring at him and his forehead and eybrows were all crinkled up. It looked as if he was trying to figure out why this man was dressed so stange and then he decided it would be funny to pull on the old man's beard! I promise to post the pictures when I get them - hope they caught it all...
    KASIA216
    MARRIED: 9.21.02
    BABY: 7.22.05

Loving all of the Santa pics We have avoided Santa this year, mainly for his safety and for fear of lawsuits. Instead here is our Xmas card:

Plenty of Florida snow here...and 80+ degree weather.

Take care!
    E & C Married 3-7-04
    Shelby 7-22-94, Sydney 7-08-05

Love the card Char!

Nate decided he hadn't seen the ped often enough this week, so today he thought he would go see her again. While I was getting a wash cloth wet to wipe him down after lunch - he stood up in his high chair and did a nose dive to the floor and landed on his noggin. So, while Im attending to Nate, who is screaming his head off, Pete decides to stand up in HIS chair and get into a bag of potatoes that were on the kitchen table, and chuck them one-by-one around the kitchen. Nates fine. The kitchen is trashed.

Oh, and do I bother wrapping their gifts this year?? They found them today, and think they are pretty cool. Already fighting over them. LOL
    Tina & Travis, married July 4, 2003
    Pete and Nate, born July 23, 2005
    LJ ~*~ Website

the santa pics are hilarious! char beautiful girls! and sorry to hear about the visits to the ped QPdol.

well last night we had our first bout of the stomach bug i was just about to get into bed when ava started crying this really weird cry. i went in to check on her and she was standing in the crib, so i was rubbing her arm to get her to lay back down and she started puking all over the place! i didnt know what to do so i just let her stand there and get it out...i figured better to have it all in the crib than all the way down the hallway! when she was done she looked down at it, pointed, and said 'ut-oh!'. then i think she realized it was all down the front of her so she started crying. what a mess! i cleaned it up and during this she threw up 3 more times, in the bathroom, all over me, and in the kitchen. she ended up throwing up every 10-20 minutes until 3:30 in the morning...i put her back in her crib on a towel and she did a little more 2 more times, with the last being around 4:30 am. of course last night DH had his xmas party and didnt get in until late, so i told him to go to bed and i would stay up with her b/c i had a feeling i wasnt going to get any sleep and wanted him to take over once she got a little better (the poor guy, i thought he was going to cry when he saw her throwing up! it was awful to watch, she was half asleep and then would cry out 'mommy' in this really sad voice and it was just heartbreaking). luckily she hasnt thrown up again today, but the ped. told me to only give her clear liquids and not give anything solid until after 12 hours of not throwing up. i tried chicken broth from some soup i got but she wanted nothing to do with it. what can i give her to eat after a stomach bug? the poor kid seems to be starving, i did give her a little banana and she stole some crackers out of the pantry and kept both down but i am wondering if i should risk giving her anything else.

i am glad she is feeling better but this threw our whole day off - DH took a vacation day and we had a ton of things to get done before xmas. i really dont want to take her out, so that means we will probably be stuck having to do a lot tomorrow which i am dreading. not to mention i am worried that one or both of us will come down with this for xmas

anyway, hope everyone has a happy holiday!

Oh, kmack, I am so sorry. I am in total fear of this stomach bug. I've heard about it going around here too.

Santa - Katie wouldn't sit on Santa's lap when my in-laws took her yesterday. This is the only thing she would do.

Married 6.21.03
    DD 7.21.05

kmack - I am so sorry Ava isn't feeling well. Believe it or not, DH has the stomach bug. Bennett and I are still in the clear, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll get away scot-free since we had two bouts of it this summer.

It's hard to get them to eat anything when they're feeling this miserable. Hmm... the thing that Bennett liked to eat most was Chinese rice porridge. Basically, you cook some rice in a saucepan with 1 part rice, 2 parts water, 2 parts chicken broth and, if you want, just a little soy sauce (for flavor and for a bit of electrolytes). But the soy sauce can dehydrate some people - it just depends. You cook it until it's way past the done stage - if the water gets low, you just add some more - until it looks like watered-down oatmeal. But it's good because there's a lot of water and just a bit of sustenance to make them feel better. Even I eat it when I'm feeling under the weather.

Other things you can try - saltine crackers, bananas, applesauce, apples, diluted apple juice, Pedialyte (although I don't know of many kids who will eat those, maybe the Pedialyte popsicles?), toast.

I think the main thing is to just keep them hydrated. My ped told me to give Bennett any liquid he would take - even milk - so I stuck to milk, water and a little Pedialyte, but if he hadn't taken the milk, I might have gone to diluted apple juice.
    mommy journal ~ anemone720 on LJ

My pediatrician said that Otter Pops are a good substitute for pedalyte, she said even the pops are kinda gross. My boys drink the Gerber version of pedalyte with no complaint. We buy the individual packets of powder and mix it as we need it.

Hope you guys are feeling well for Christmas!
    Tina & Travis, married July 4, 2003
    Pete and Nate, born July 23, 2005
    LJ ~*~ Website

thanks tray my brother lives in LA and he had it too - he missed his flight home for xmas b/c of it, and couldnt get another one until tomorrow for the low [price of $600

yesterday we thought we were out of the woods. ava seemed much better and just wanted to eat and drink - i felt bad for not giving her anything (other than water) so i finally had to give her some banana and saltines. she held it down okay. i had a pizza for dinner and she was screaming for it, so i gave her a little bit of the crust. i had also gone out and gotten some pedialyte so i have her some of that with a little apple juice in it. by the end of the day i thought it was safe to give her more liquids but i think it backfired b/c she threw up again at 9 pm! i got her out of the crib and we both fell asleep on the couch. DH was at a wake and he had forgotten his keys so when he got home he was knocking so i had to get up. right after i opened the door she puked again, all over me and then half in the sink. she threw up one other time and so far has not again since midnight. and i ended up running to the bathroom at one point b./c i thought i was getting it but luckily i didn't...i have felt awful all day though. so again, i am not getting any of my last minute xmas stuff done! and i am so tired i dont know what to do. this sucks.

erika i was going to try your recipe but of course i dont have any chicken broth in the house, and only brown rice...would that work do you think? and interesting that your ped. said to give him milk, i was wondering about that but decided not to give her it b/c i thought it would make her worse. i hope this thing goes away soon, as we are travelling to NY on the 26th

kmack - I think it should work just fine. You may have to cook it a little longer to get the brown rice hulls to open up. You can just use water - the only reason I suggest chicken broth is because it gives the rice porridge a little additional flavor, making it more likely that the kids will eat it. I have also thrown some chicken parts into the pot just to add flavor - I don't give Bennett the chicken - just let it cook up with the rice. So if you have some chicken in the freezer or something, you can use that.

Yeah, my ped is totally laid-back like that. He thinks that BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) diet is good, but if the kid is wanting more, by all means feed him/her food and drink. I think he believes that if they're willing to eat it, they will likely be able to keep it down. (Maybe I should tell him that Ava wanted the pizza, but couldn't keep it down anyway?) Bennett's only had one stomach virus where he's thrown up anyway, so I'm hoping he's got my stomach-of-steel constitution (as opposed to DH, who gets a bellyache everytime he eats something a little bit strange).

Happy Boxing Day, everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. Here is the front of our holiday card this year.

Inside, it says, "don we now our gay apparel"

lil_nance - I have to thank you so much for bringing the little tikes train set to my attention. I found a new one on Ebay and bought. There was a little bit of worry as whether we'd get it in time, as the seller was having shipping issues, but we got it just in time and it's fantastic. I hope Connor enjoys his train set as much as Bennett does!

(We set it up on a alphabet playmat in the kitchen.)

The best part of this Christmas was that Bennett picked up a new word yesterday. He walked around all day, yelling, "Happy!" every twenty minutes or so.