Quantcast
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I still can't believe how verbal your kiddos all are! Roman is not behind by any means, just not as crazy verbal as the rest of the Feb kiddos! In fact, he's only now really starting to put some words together ("Mama, eat puffs! Light tree!").

He's not really singing songs with me, but will burst out a word or two when I'm singing to him or he hears his favorite song (which, funnily enough, is Hey Ya by Outkast). I hear a lot of "Hey!" and "Oh, oh!"

We are doing well, considering all the craziness of the last month (those of you on LJ know what is going on). I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season with your families!
    Cari & Steve: 7/6/2002
    Roman James: 2/3/2005

Aaron Ricardo: 2/2/2008

Don't worry. Greydon's not as far along either. He requests "A B" (the ABC's), but doesn't sing. And "Bus" (Wheels on the bus). He does the motions, but no words. He's putting 2-3 words together pretty consistently, but lots of time, it's just one word. I think it's because he can't get a word in because of his sister.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!!! Merry Christmas (what we celebrate ) from our family to yours.

Ryan and Tonya 11/10/01
    Briley Rose 10/28/02 * Greydon John 2/18/05 * Rogan Irey 1/22/07

Happy New Year ladies! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! We had a great time and Nathan was really into it this year...although, MIL brought so many gifts that he actually got bored with opening! His favorite gifts were his tents (he got 2 and MIL has informed us a third is coming...don't even get me started! ) and his GeoTrax train set. He also got a little Thomas train that he is in love with. So it looks like trains are his thing right now. He was spoiled beyond belief and got way too much, but he's the only grandchild, so I guess that's to be expected.

So now I'm planning his birthday party. He'll have a party at daycare with all his little friends and then we'll have one with family and friends. I was between themes since he really loves a number of things, but I think we're going with Thomas because he is obsessed with that right now. My friend suggested a cake person and she has gorgeous Thomas cakes on her website and is priced great, so we're looking forward to that. I just can't believe I'm planning his second birthday party already! What happened to the past 2 years? That and we are discussing baby #2, which is just so odd to me. I look at Nathan and can't imagine being able to create another perfect little person. Crazy!

So I guess my QOTW is what birthday ideas are you tossing around??
    Last edited by jess&dan; 02-09-2007 at 12:40 PM.
    Jess & Dan ~ May 31, 2003
    Joseph Nathaniel ~ January 31, 2005
    Aaron Robert ~ March 27, 2008

Happy New Year everyone!! I can't believe our babies are turning two. Crazy!

Jess- Isn't it crazy to think that you could ever love another the way you love the first child?? I can't believe how much love I have for all my little ones!!!

We also had a wonderful holiday, and everyone got way too many toys! I started to try and put it all away last night, and I just don't know where to put everything!! Skylar's fave was definately the play kitchen. And she is loving all of Jace's toys - just because they are his!!

I am really bummed, because I lost my camera on Christmas Day. I had some great pics from Hanukkah, Christmas Eve, and Christmas that I hadn't uploaded yet. Yikes! I'm still holdiong out hope that it will turn up somewhere (though the idea of getting a new camera is making me a little happy!!)

QOTW- We are doing a Sesame Smiles theme this year, just because I am doing a joint party and I wanted something that I could use for both kids. And Skylar just adores Elmo. We'll be doing a party at home in mid Feb, with sandwiches, chicken, salads, snacks, etc. I'm thinking of doing cupcakes this year, with elmo faces on them. We'll also do a little party at daycare. Nothing fancy this year, definately thinking of doing a gym party next year, but who wants to think that far ahead???
    Rosalyn 6/3/99 * Skylar 2/21/05 * Jace 1/26/06

Happy New Year everyone!

Our Christmas was good--Roman's favorite toys from Christmas are his bowling set (he has really good aim!), his new red wagon and his Bob the Builder workbench. We didn't go too crazy, which is great because I am running out of room for all of his toys. Plus his birthday is coming up very soon so he'll get more stuff then!

Speaking of his birthday, we decided to go with an airplane theme because the boy is obsessed. He *loves* all things that fly. I found new PBK airplane sheets/pillowcases/shams/duvet cover on eBay and outfitted his crib with the new stuff. I think we're going to convert the crib to a toddler bed soon. Yes, we still haven't done it but I think he'll be more ready by his birthday. He moves so much when he sleeps which is why I don't think he's quite ready for it, but he's getting better at staying in one spot.

Anyway, back to his birthday: we're doing snack food, cupcakes, etc. We're inviting Roman's friends from playgroup/gymboree and the ILs will be the only family present since we don't live close to family.
    Cari & Steve: 7/6/2002
    Roman James: 2/3/2005

Aaron Ricardo: 2/2/2008

We're doing a Thomas birthday for Aidan, he just loves Thomas and all the choo-choo stuff probably in the afternoon so he is fresh from his nap.

Both boys were spoiled rotten for Christmas, they had so many toys that I've put half of them in the garage for now because otherwise there wouldn't be anywhere to walk around here. Aidan has a fleet of vehicles to ride on - a toy Harley, a couple of ride on trucks, and a new red wagon - and a toy Aston Martin that my sister decided to hold on to for his birthday instead of giving it to him for Christmas. Good grief. He has more clothes and cars than I ever will
    "Answers: Ask your doctor, not us. You're a doormat. No, you shouldn't TTC if you're both unemployed. Gym clothes. Don't get a dog.

Happy New Year! Happy Birthday James - our first official 2 year old!

We are doing well. I haven't even thought about M's birthday yet. We are working on potty training. its going pretty well. She wears panties in the mornings. Then pull ups for nap/afternoon. I need to stick her in panties in the afternoon too - shes willing to try, I'm just not there yet!

Have a fabulous weekend!
    LJ

Hokie since 1998, wife since 2001, mom since 2005

Default I'll join in a little late....

Hi you guys! I'm sorry we've been MIA, it's been a very busy holidays and January for us and now that things are dying down a bit, I can finally catch up. I think about all of our Feb. babies and can't believe how they've grown!

For those who don't remember:

MrsT
    Me -Andreana
    DH - MrT
    Married 12/8/01
    DS Elliott 2/24/05

Elliott had a great Christmas too. Like Nathan, he got a GeoTrax train set and LOVES Thomas as well. (Guess what he gets for his bday). Speaking of the GeoTrax - man, it's hard to find stuff for them. Some pieces are so hard to find and are being sold on EBay for 2 - 3 times retail. Insanity.

Anyways, Elliott had a big day a couple weeks ago - "spend whole night at Grandma's". I was so afraid he would not be ok, but he didn't want to come home!! Thankful, yes, but a little sad that my baby isn't so much of a baby anymore.

We're not doing anything too special for his bday. I'm getting a Thomas cake and plates (his request) and then going to a local indoor kids museum on the actual day (Friday) and the zoo with Daddy the day after (weather permitting). To be honest, I don't want any more toys!! Besides, he won't care and he'll have his cousins and grandma over here and will love that.

I'll update with some photos once I load them!

So glad to see all of your beautiful babes and HAPPY BDAY JAMES!!
    Wife to Mr. T ~ 12.08.01
    Mom to Elliott ~ 2.24.05
    Another Little T ~ EDD 12.12.07

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsT View Post
    To be honest, I don't want any more toys!!
    Isn't this true!! We asked all the relatives for clothes since we DO NOT NEED any more toys!!

We are trying to work on potty training here. Skylar will go pee on the potty if I can get her to sit on it, but getting her to actually sit on it is really hit or miss! Most times I ask her if she wants to go potty, she says "NO". Same thing with big girl undies. She was very excited to get them, but isn't interested in wearing them all the time. I can't force her if she's not ready!!

Skylar is really turning into a little lady. She talks so much and each day she says more and more words. Listening to her talk is the cutest thing!

Finally think I got everything for the party. DH is making all the food at his work, so that's one less thing for me to have to do!! Can't believe Jace turned 1 already!! And Skylar will be 2 so soon. Where have our babies gone???

DH and I are finally going on our honeymoon. I am so excited. We are going to Jamaica in May for 5 nights. My mom will stay with the kids. I'm a little sad about leaving them, but I know they'll have fun with grandma! (And I need a vacation very badly!!! )

Here's a quick pic of the little ones. (It's a terrible pic, but it's all I have on my work computer.)
    Rosalyn 6/3/99 * Skylar 2/21/05 * Jace 1/26/06

blondegirl: Thanks for the birthday wishes! Your kiddies are too cute! Good luck on the potty training. We're in the midst of this also and it's hit or miss.

MrsT: Glad things are going well! We're in the same boat with toys but know we can't avoid it from family!

My little man is 2 years old today! I cannot believe it! Crazy to think that time flies by so quickly. These past 2 years have been wonderful and I'm so looking forward to the many many more! Today he has an ear infection so he isn't at daycare to have his party there, but we'll do that when he heads back. Saturday is his party with the family, so looking forward to that! We sang to him this morning and he sang along with us, which was very cute. And we have him saying that he's 2 now!

I took him into Picture Poeple (first time there) last weekend to get surprise Valentine's Pictures taken for DH. They turned out fantastic and I'm thinking I'm going to go back there for his 2 year pictures. I could count these as his 2 year pictures, but I think I want pictures non-valentine's themed.
    Last edited by jess&dan; 02-09-2007 at 12:40 PM.
    Jess & Dan ~ May 31, 2003
    Joseph Nathaniel ~ January 31, 2005
    Aaron Robert ~ March 27, 2008