Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Contraception, abortion foe to head family-planning office

Sweet.

Doctor's Appointment Angers Family Planning Group

Excerpt from Washington Post article:
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Bush administration, to the consternation of its critics, has picked the medical director of an organization that opposes premarital sex, contraception and abortion to lead the office that oversees federally funded teen pregnancy, family planning and abstinence programs.

The appointment of Eric Keroack, a Marblehead, Massachusetts, obstetrician and gynecologist, to oversee the federal Office of Population Affairs and its $283 million annual budget has angered family-planning advocates.

Keroack currently is medical director of A Woman's Concern, a Christian nonprofit. The Dorchester, Massachusetts-based organization runs six centers in the state that offer free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds and counseling.
    Last edited by Toonces; 03-30-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: edited to follow copyright law
    Yes We Did! 11/4/08

Ugh...stay out of my uterus a--hole

ETA: Sorry that was a bit harsh but really, I am upset about it because it's a man that's been appointed and I am a woman and I have a daughter. It scares the sh*t out of me what the future will be like for her.
    Last edited by December27JJB; 11-17-2006 at 04:04 PM.

This just pissed me off when I read about it this morning.

And WTF? "The TEMPTATION of abortion"??? It's hardly on par with chocolate truffles....

Quote Originally Posted by colz85 View Post
    And WTF? "The TEMPTATION of abortion"??? It's hardly on par with chocolate truffles....
    I don't know. I've always equated abortion with a nice, long bubble bath and a glass of merlot. Don't you?

Bush is determined to f**k up this country completely before he leaves office. I hate him. I hate him so much.

Can the Dems block his nomination til the first of the year, then get rid of him and his ignorant views permanently?

Only two more years, only two more years, only two....

opposes contraception, saying its use increases out-of-wedlock pregnancy and abortion rates.
    This statement sounds contradictory to me. Doesn't contraception reduce # of unwanted pregnancies and abortion.

And what's funny (not funny ha ha, but funny disgusting) is if the Dems block any of these types of nominations, Karl Rove and company will spin it as the Dems not being bi-partisan and he will somehow make the Dems look like the wienies.

Two more years...

January 20, 2009...can it get here any sooner?
    married 11.2.02
    helena elizabeth 12.2.03
    marisa carmen 7.8.05

Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    This statement sounds contradictory to me. Doesn't contraception reduce # of unwanted pregnancies and abortion.
    Apparently, he thinks that if you give a kid a condom, he'll have sex, but not use the condom.

"A Woman's Concern is persuaded that the crass commercialization and distribution of birth control is demeaning to women, degrading of human sexuality and adverse to human health and happiness," its contraception policy reads in part.
    Right, because not getting an STD is adverse to human health.

Say it with me everyone - abstainace only sex-ed only increasses the teen pregnancy rate!

Why is Bush such an asshole.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. Mark Twain
    LJ

Quote Originally Posted by colz85 View Post
    This just pissed me off when I read about it this morning.

Oh, I don't know. I am a woman, and you know how we are. Whenever I am having sex with my husband, I am secretly thinkig, "Wouldn't it be nice to tear off this patch so I can get pregnant and have an abortion (preferably in the third trimester, so I can make my regular hair-mani-pedi appointment)? Oh the TEMPTATION of it all!" And then I realize that if I did not have access to the patch, I would not be tempted by abortion at all.
    "Whatever America hopes to bring to pass in the world must first come to pass in the heart of America." Dwight D. Eisenhower