Quantcast

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I know that several of the career sites (e.g., Monster, Hot Jobs) have sections with advice about writing cover letters.

A couple of general things to remember: don't completely restate your resume in the cover letter; each cover letter should be tailored to the specific employer; talk about your 'soft' skills in the cover letter since it's hard to show that in a resume.

Good luck!

Di
    You think you've done your journey
    Then you stumble and find that there's such a long way to go

Thanks for your help !
    ~Raquel~
    A Diamond is no one night stand...A Diamond is a long term commitment

Life as Joe's wife, and Bailey's Mommy too!

Default Cover Letter Samples PLEASE

I am terrible terrible terrible at writing a cover letter. I have searched the net for a cover letter and I only seem to run into college grad cover letters. I need some samples. Something to go off of and give ideas on wording etc. Please post your best cover letter. Thanks so very much in advance ladies

I was given this resume by a local temp agency

Date

Human Resources Manager
    Department
    Company Name
    Street Address
    City, ST ZIP

Dear (Recipient):

In response to your recent advertisement, please accept this letter in application for the <name of> position currently available within your company.

As you can see from my enclosed resume, my degree in <major>, as well as my diverse <types of> skills, make me a strong candidate for this position.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my credentials with you at a mutually convenient time. Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully yours,

Your Name

Enclosure: Resume
    1+1=5! Baby #3, Aug 2012!

Here's one that I've used [certain details omitted], for legal jobs.

Dear []:

I write to express my great interest in applying for a position as an [job I'm applying for]. My experiences as a [earlier job] and as a [earlier job] have made it clear to me that your office would be an ideal place to continue my career as a [job I'm applying for].

Even before entering law school, I knew my future as an attorney was in public service, and my time at [law school] including a summer at the [job] was spent in preparation for that career. In the [x] years since graduation, I have been fortunate to employ my writing and advocacy skills in service of [earlier jobs] first, as a [earlier job], and most recently, as an [earlier job]. In the latter position, I have had the opportunity to work on a variety of matters not typically available to a [earlier job]. In addition to [tasks at earlier jobs], I have [other tasks at earlier job]. These invaluable experiences have allowed me to further strengthen my legal skills, and I am confident that they would serve me well as an [job I'm applying for].

I have enclosed my resume for your review and would welcome the opportunity to further discuss my qualifications. Should you require additional information, I may be reached at the above telephone number.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

heres the one i used

October 9, 2006
    [Recipient Name]
    [Title]
    [Company Name]
    [Street Address]
    [Street Address 2]
    [City, ST ZIP Code]
    Dear [Recipient Name]:
    Are you looking for a [job title] with:
    • [Number of years in the field] years of hands-on experience in [area of experience]?
    • Knowledge of the latest technology in [industry or field]?
    • Excellent written and oral communication skills?
    • A passion to learn and to increase his skills?
    If so, then you need look no further. You will see from my enclosed resume that I meet all of these qualifications and more.
    I would very much like to discuss opportunities with [Company Name]. To schedule an interview, please call me at [your phone number]. The best time to reach me is between [earliest time available] and [latest time available], but you can leave a voice message at any time, and I will return your call.
    Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I look forward to talking with you.
    Sincerely,
    [Your Name]

basiaclly not too diffrent from the others.

these are wonderful thanks a bunch ladies

Quote Originally Posted by kris97 View Post
    Here's one that I've used [certain details omitted], for legal jobs.
    Just had to come here and thank you for posting this sample cover letter. It caught my interest since I've worked in the legal field (paralegal) for 10 yrs.

I took 2 sentences from it to try to "boost" my cover letter and it worked! Wednesday I wrote what I believe is my best cover letter ever for a job I was applying for that afternoon. A little over 24 hrs later, I got a call from the employer to schedule an interview!!
    Kim
    [SIZE="1"]K&J - Est. 08.16.97 * Lily 10/14/00 * Kali 2000 - 3/10/07

So glad to hear that, KaliLily! I used that letter to apply for my current job, and it took a long time for me to come up with the language (the omitted sections, in particular, because they summarize all my legal experience). I'm so glad that it was helpful... Congrats and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kris97 View Post
    So glad to hear that, KaliLily! I used that letter to apply for my current job, and it took a long time for me to come up with the language (the omitted sections, in particular, because they summarize all my legal experience). I'm so glad that it was helpful... Congrats and good luck!
    Thanks! It took me 3 hours between the cover letter and the org's online application. I think what helps most with seeing other people's cover letters is the basic elements.
    Kim
    [SIZE="1"]K&J - Est. 08.16.97 * Lily 10/14/00 * Kali 2000 - 3/10/07