Quantcast
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Fantasy Celebrity League - Fun with Gossip!

It's a celebrity fantasy league where you score points based on your celebrities BAD behavior making news headlines (Break-ups, divorce, lover spats, adultery, etc.).
    I created a league and you are invited to join.
    So ladies...here is the chance to put our useless celeb gossip to the test!

How it works:

Visit http://constantchatter.fafarazzi.com

Register and create a free account
    Join my league--called ConstantChatter
    Passcode to join is: CC
    After joining the league--pick about 20 celebs you want to draft
    Order them with the celebs you want the most at the top of the list
    The draft is on Oct 11..the website chooses for us each 10 celebs
    Then we wait to see if our celebs make the news
    The team (person) with the most points at the end of three weeks wins!!

League Starts on October 11, 2006 and runs 3 weeks until November 1, 2006.

so cool! So are we (the cc team) competing against other teams? We can totally win!

ETA: Here's the points break down:

10 points BOMBSHELL. Death and some other weird crap we could never predict.
    9 points Extreme legal trouble, a combination of a few major events, crazy crazy stuff.
    8 points Confirmed divorce, Confirmed childbirth, Confirmed out-of-the-closet, sex tape
    7 points Confirmed wedding, Confirmed pregnancy
    6 points Confirmed engagement, Confirmed broken engagement
    5 points Confirmed new celeb relationship, sex/nude pics (aka hacked sidekick)
    4 points Confirmed cheating, confirmed breakup, public booze/drug antics, arrest (major), major award winner
    3 points Nip slip / Crotch shot, arrest (minor), divorce rumor, wedding rumor, passout / "exhaustion", verbal addmittance of drug use, preggo rumors
    2 points Physical fight, paparazzi fight, celeb wants special treatment, homosexual rumors, verbal fight, new/unique celeb friendship, new dating rumor / first date, getting back together rumor, restraining order, religous antics, mothering woes, publicized comments about another celeb, cheating rumor
    1 point New work announcement, diet/fitness info, repeat date, being sued, charity work, ebay antics, "partying", breakup rumor
    Last edited by southerner; 10-03-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Actually we are competing against each other

It works like this...
    - You and your friends join a league
    - You draft your favorite celebs
    - Celebs on your team score points
    - Points are tallied and you compete against your friends
    - The season ends and you get bragging rights.

Your team is actually just your celebs - with you as their manager.

Also everything is done for you after you pick your 'team of celebs'. The points are given to you automatically and you get an email everyday with your standings and point totals! It's pretty fun trying to guess who is going to make the news!
    Last edited by sparkle&shine; 10-03-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Oh, I am so in!
    Yes We Did! 11/4/08

It's a lot of fun. They will do the draft on Wed the 11th and you will get to see which celebs you get. They pick 10 so make sure you have more than that on the list because nobody can have the same people on their teams. I would even maybe put up to 30 people depending on how many people join up! If you don't have enough people to pick from they will pick people for you if they have to. Their help section is pretty good if you have questions!

S&S, I thought if people on my team (CC) already had a celeb, then I couldn't use them too and they would randomly pick people "off my bench". That's why we're supposed to pick 20, but only 10 "play" at a time? I'm confused, guess I need to go read more

No one can have the same celeb. So pick any amount you want over 10. If everyone playing picked the same 10 people then the program will just draft random celebs for you. If your list has more than 10 people it will just keep going down your list.

The way the draft works is that each 'team' will be put in random order. One celeb will be picked for each team. Then they will pick celeb #2 for each team and down the list until everyone has 10. You should get mostly people from your list if you have enough and not everyone picked the same people. I hope that I am explaining this in a way that is easy to understand. It's just like the football draft if you are aware of how that works.

If 10 people join the league then that equals a total of 100 celebs that will be picked. So some of your top picks will be gone the first round. That's why I am saying that it is best to have more people on your list so that you have a better shot of who you get and the computer doesn't have to pick for you. Chances are that all of us are going to try for Britney Spears, K-Fed, Tom Cruise, but only 1 of us will get them so they are off your list.
    Last edited by sparkle&shine; 10-03-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Default How the draft process works

1 Pick out celebs for your Draft Pool
    You pick out a bunch of celebs you like and rank them in order of preference. This is the order that the auto-draft will grab them for your team

2 Fafarazzi runs the draft
    When your league's draft date is here the system will take all the teams in your league and randomize the draft order. It's luck of the draw.

It will then go from team to team and look at their draft pool. Whatever celebrity is ranked highest on their draft pool that is not already snagged by another team in the league gets placed on their team.

The draft order reverses itself after each round, to stay fair.
    For example…
    Round 1
    Team A
    Team B
    Team C
    Team D

Round 2
    Team D
    Team C
    Team B
    Team A

Round 3...
    Team A
    Team B
    Team C
    Team D

And so on through the 10th Round...

After each team has 10 celebrities, the draft is over and you will be notified that the season has started!

More Info:
    You can swap celebrities in and out during the season, as long as they are not already on another team in your league. {U]You will only get points for things your celebs do while on your team[/U], not for anything they've done before you got them.
    Last edited by sparkle&shine; 10-03-2006 at 03:11 PM.

I'm so in, this looks like fun. So basically now, we just sit and wait, is that right?

Yup, just sit and wait until the draft. I made it so that everyone had 1 week to fill out their draft picks and join. So if you have made your picks and have them in the order you want then just wait until Oct. 11!

Also I think that there is a limit to the teams.
    Last edited by sparkle&shine; 10-03-2006 at 06:29 PM.