Quantcast
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Erinn: I guess I had forgotten that you had abnormal ultrasounds (that must have been during the time that both kids were sick for a month and I wasn't getting much sleep!). Thanks for the suggestions.. turns out, my friend called her doctor yesterday and the u/s tech didn't even mention anything on the u/s report, so my friend's doc sent her back for another u/s to calm her fears... and everything looked normal, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief.
    1+1 (10/26/02)
    +1 (10/23/03) +1 (05/03/05) + 1 EDD 09/22/09!

Jenyfer - Sorry I did not get back to your post sooner. I wanted to wait till I got home and than last night was pretty crazy. What I remember appreciating most were people who provided support with no judment,who really made me feel as if they were there for us whatever we decided to do and that the fact that they might have made a different choice would not change how they thought and felt about us. (Though it is hard to do that unless you are a person who really is not judging and I understood that people were all trying to be helpful even if sometimes they were not.) I also appreciated those who could to give me factual information to help us decided how we were going to proceed. Links to websites or other data that related to our situation so we knew more and could feel we were making an educated guess as to what if anything were wrong. What our statistic really were. Any assistance in being put in touch with resources that might help were appreciated. And I can not tell you how much knowing that there were so many on line friends praying for and worrying about me and my family. All these strangers sending good caring vibes in my direction.

Errin - I am 5' 2" and DH is I think 5'6", so there is not much height in our genes. There is one grandfather who was tall and there is one very tall cousin on that grandfathers line. We keep hoping Gabe got some of those genes.

I have been dragging all week. I have one horrendous case I need to write which is months too long on my desk. I have been bring it home to work on it after Gabe is asleep and staying up too late working. Then I can't think straight in the morning. Today is a crazy day. It is DH birthday, MIL's b-day, Roshashona and Shabbot this evening, and pajama day at preschool. We are celebrating the holidays and b-days in RI this evening and staying over so I had to pack bags for the weekend. I had to bring in apples, honey and honey cake for a school sharing experience of Roshashona and I am taking Gabe to RI by train, which will be a new experience. It will all be fine if I could keep my eyes open. I am sure to forget something major the way I am feeling. I forgot to say happy b-day until we were up about an hour. I remembered to pack DH's present but have not wrapped it. I am not sure where the cards I bought him ended up.

Jen - I just read your post. I am glad everything looks good for your friend! What was it that they thought they saw?
    Last edited by Renrel; 09-22-2006 at 07:09 AM.

I only have a quick moment to sign up for the new thread since a baby is waking up from his nap. We are still having a terrible time with bedtime from jake and he has been ending up sleeping with us at some point during the night.

For his birthday we are doing a Blues Clues Jake-o-lantern party. Blues is the main theme but I am also hiding pumpkins for the kids to find and then decorate. I hope it is a nice day out!

Everything is going great, very busy though. I'll try to get on later to update more.
    Missy & Steve 11/9/02
    Jacob 10/07/03
    Matthew & Samuel 7/1/05

mittyrd - Sorry to hear bedtime is still a battle. How was Day out with Thomas?

We had a nice weekend at the inlaws. It was Roshashona and we had to big family dinners. Different BIL over each night. The Saturday and Sunday the BIL with the grade school and middle school kids was over and Gabe had a great time with them.

Highlights:
    Gabe wore his first tie which matched Dad's but than decided he would rather stay home an play with grandma and his cousins then join us for services.

Gabe started leaving his bedroom for the first time so I expect bedtime will become more of a battle and that night visits may be happening soon. Tonight he told me he was "tired of sleeping"

Gabe took all his clothes off at grandma's house while playing with his cousins because he decided the sunken living room was a lake and that his clothes were wet from playing in it.

Hi all

leaving the room at night? Aidan does this every. single. night! It is actually funny because most of the time it is 5-10 minutes after I put him down. He opens the door, smiles and then runs back to bed. DH goes in and covers him up and says goodnight. It really has become part of his routine.

b-day parties? So I invited 4 boys to A's party but I know that 1 cannot come - I figure that 3 will be plenty. I ordered the Construction party stuff from Birthday Express last night and I am so glad that I did because it can take 10 business days to arrive. I think that we will do pizza, veggies and dip and fruit salad and of course cake and ice cream. I am glad that a couple of you mentioned doing something with pumpkins because I was trying to think of some sort of craft for them to do - I think that I will get each of them a small pumpkin and let them decorate them with sticker and markers. I am also hoping that it is a nice day so that they can play outside.

size - All of the men in both DH and my families are over 6 feet tall - DH's dad was 6-3 and his brother is 6-4 so I am expecting A to be pretty tall. The thing is they all were very late bloomers. My dad was small until the summer before his junior year of high school and he grew 5 inches. My one uncle who is 6-2 grew a foot throughout hs! Aidan has a very solid build right now - about 50% for height and weight but he is muscular. Caitlin right now is a string bean - tall and thin. She has a totally different body than Aidan.

erinn - We had a couple of rough nights recently also. It seems like my kids are always on the same wavelength - when C has a bad night, A is up usually too. Hope that you got some sleep.

mittyrd - I hope that things with Jake and bed get better soon.

Renrel - I am glad that you all had a nice time with your inlaws. Gabe has quite an imagination!

jenyfer - The Birthday Express catalog has become Aidan's favorite reading material when trying to poop on the potty

Hope that everyone has a great week!
    Alison
    Aidan-10/08/03 Caitlin-09/10/05
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed." unknown

After I put Gabe back in his bed last night and made it clear that he did have to stay in his room I found him sleeping in his crib this morning. He has not done that in well over a month. I think he finds it comforting and I am guessing it was a bit scary/upsetting to have mommy and daddy insist he stay in his room when he wanted to come out and play. He also did not get dessert last night because he would not taste the sauce that went with the pasta which he continued to be upset about all through his bath and half of bedtime.

DH has a business trip tonight and his flight does not leave until close to 1pm. He told Gabe he would take him to school this morning. It is usually me. Then Gabe had a melt down because he wanted french toast for breakfast and we would not make any on a school morning. I think DH regretted his offer since he got to deal with the melt down while I left for work.

Renrel: Day out with Thomas was great. Jake had so much fun. He's still talking about it. It was a long ride though - took us 2 hours to get there but I think it was worth it.

Bedtime: Still a major problem. In fact, I can hear him in his room now playing and he keeps coming out of his room. He also ends up coming into our room in the middle of night, gathering up DH's stuff (pillow, blanket) and pulling them back to his room so DH would go in and sleep with him. It's been a real problem. And it's making me nuts.

Jake has finally mastered drinking out of a straw. Yay! The babies are doing it now too.

I booked a time for pictures for the boys for this weekend. I'm not very hopeful that I will get all 3 to smile at the same time but we'll give it another try. I really, really want to get a good picture of all 3 together.

The babies start their new daycare Monday. I know their current daycare provider is so upset to see them go but that was the deal from the very beginning. Still, I feel so bad for her and her husband. He is taking 2 days off this week to spend with them before they go. I am worried that the boys are going to miss her so much although I think they will be happy being with Jake all day too. I know I'll worry all day Monday.

I can't remember, did we discuss Halloween costumes yet? The babies are going to be pumpkins since I happen to have 2 pumpkin costumes in their size. I'm trying to decide what Jake will be. I want to coordinate it somehow with the pumpkin theme but not sure what yet. Maybe a scarecrow.
    Missy & Steve 11/9/02
    Jacob 10/07/03
    Matthew & Samuel 7/1/05

DH is out of town and I took Gabe to the libary tonight and we had dinner at the cafe there. I got some really good childrens book in the used book sale. Tonight when I put Gabe to sleep he crawled into his crib as soon as I told him it was time for me to leave. He seems to find some comfort in the crib. This is not great timing since I was planning on finally getting him a real big boys bed this month. He has been sleeping just fine on the blow up travel bed till now. I guess the crib is better than him coming out of his room a hundred times a night like some of your kids but it is still a step backward. Tomorrow he had a field trip to the fire station. That should be a fun one.

Getting out of bed... She had been doing great then all the sudden a couple months ago she would get out of bed and come in our room and instead of getting in bed with us she would wake me up and want me to go in her room and sleep in her bed with her. The first night I told her I would put her back in her bed but I wasn't going to sleep with her and she had a big melt down so I got into bed and layed with her until she fell back asleep then got back in my own bed. This happened off and on for about 2 weeks except I would just go and get in bed with her to avoid the meltdown. I finally had a talk with her before bed one night and told her she's not allowed to get out of bed to get me to come in her room and she asked why, why, why, etc. And to my jaw dropping amazment she hasn't been out of bed since. Now a few nights ago I woke up to her yelling for me to come and get in bed with her, but at least she didn't get out of bed

I went and got her 3 year pictures taken yesterday even though she won't be 3 until next week and when I walked in to pick up the pictures, they had the picture below in a 10x13 sitting there and I almost started to well up when I saw it because she looks so grown up... I love it though.
    Married ~10-27-01~
    Lauren ~10-04-03~
    Emma ~6-23-08~

OHHHH that picture is absolutely wonderful!!! They are getting so grown up looking though aren't they. sniff sniff

I just need to post this next part to get it out.

My dad just called a few minutes ago. My grandmother (93y/o) is in the hospital. She broke her arm last week and then this morning she slumped over and they could not wake her up. At the hospital the found all of her number (sugar, blood pressure and such) are all bad and she had an infection. My mother was in the ER with her waiting for an ICU bed when my Dad called. Grandma has been living in an assisted living complex with a wonderful living aid but the aid recently quit and the new aids are not any where near as good. If grandma leaves the hospital it is likely she will have to go to the nursing home rather than to her little apartment. I don't think she will last long in that case. Too depressing there. I think her will to live will die out over there. She moved into this assisted living place when I got married and at that time she was also hospitalized and ended up in the nursing home because she forgot how to walk while in the hospital. We did not think she was going to be around much longer at that time, but once she realized that if she got better she would go to the assisted living apartment instead of stay in the nursing home she tried to get better and did. It makes me sad to think of how my mother is feeling right now and scared to think that one day I will be in her shoes with my parents. I don't even want to think about Gabe one day being in those shoes.

OK sob story over.

Gabe went to the Fire Station with preschool yesterday and had a great time. He sat in the fire engine and pretended to drive it. He got a fire hat, stickers and a coloring book. The learned about stop, drop roll, staying near the floor if it is smoky and not hiding from the firemen even if they look scary in their masks.