Quantcast
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,007 of 1007

Merry Christmas to all. May you find just what you need most under your tree. Happy children playing without fear in a warm and loving home knowing there is a good meal waiting for them and good adults watching over them.

Happy New Year All!!!! We were at a party last night and Gabe ended up sleeping over. DH and I are had a lovely childless morning and it is continuing into a nice afternoon. We will pick him up in a hour or so and head over to a all day open house. It has been a really nice vacation week with playdates and parties and vacation programs and a movie and take out food and baking etc. Not looking forward to getting back to normal next week.

Happy New Year's!! I hope you are doing well!
    Missy & Steve 11/9/02
    Jacob 10/07/03
    Matthew & Samuel 7/1/05

Hey all, we are in the midst of our first sleep over at our house. It is going pretty well, though Gabe has occassionaly gotten annoyed with his slightly younger guest and is still complaining there is nothing to do in an attempt to get me to turn the TV on. But the kids were asleep by 10:30 and up at around 7am. They got to watch a movie while eatting pizza and rootbeer, sleep in the bunk bed, play wii in the morning, bake muffins, play with nerf darts, rough house and are now out sledding.

Hi Everyone! Happy Spring! How is everyone? We are doing great. Jacob is doing great in school. He finishes the statewide testing on Monday and I'm anxious to see how he does. I went to his school and had lunch with him today. The first graders are so adorable. They are really growing up. I don't notice it so much at home but when I see the first graders all together, I can really see it.

The twins are doing great in Kindergarten but they are not thrilled with the idea of attending first grade next year. They are starting t-ball tomorrow. They are not so happy about that either although I'm sure they will be find once they start it. Jake has his first rookie ball game tomorrow and is nervous about it b/c he got hit in the shoulder the other day during practice. Hopefully, they will all be fine.

There is really not much new here. Just dealing with more sibling rivalry and fighting than usual. Sammy is finding his voice and is much more vocal with what he wants and what he won't stand for. As they get older certain things get easier but other things get harder. Such is life.

I hope all of you are doing great.
    Missy & Steve 11/9/02
    Jacob 10/07/03
    Matthew & Samuel 7/1/05

We are doing well. Gabe has been enjoying the Sunday school program that he started this year and for the last 12 weeks or so was involved in a theater program after Sunday school that he loved. They put on a production of Joseph and the Technicolored Dream Coat. Very cute. He is also doing something called Russian math which he loves. It gives him a chance to do math on his level which he does not really get to do in school. He has been having some issues with rigidity in his thinking and emotions which has caused us some concern so we have started seeing a therapist to help us come up with some tools to help him loosen up a bit. Apparently he has, at times, been politely but firmly, refusing to do things the teacher asks of him, like read out loud. Since I know he can read well and is not shy I know it must having something to do with control and what he believes to be worthy of his effort. We need to help him to understand that sometime you just have to do what is asked of you by those in authority, while still teaching him that it is OK and good to assert himself. It is all in the where, when and how.

We got a Wii for Chanuka and I bought myself the Wii fit plus shortly after. We have been having alot of fun with it and I am finally doing some sort of regular exercise. Sometimes it is only a few minutes a day, but I have done at least that every single day for the last 7 weeks. I was pretty close to that before going on vacation. I have lost a few pounds but still have at least another 5 to lose before I feel I am at a good weight. Given my recent health issues this is more about being healthy than looking good, though I do feel better when I look good.

Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.