Quantcast
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Glad to see everyone checking in. I'm updating the stats as I see them.

Katie- Happy 18 months to Evan today! Fingers crossed for your home inspection, once that is done it should be smooth sailing. Good you could get a quick closing too. I can't wait to be signing those papers myself! I think the half a cake is such a cute idea! I had thought of doing something for Connor's half b-day, but it coincided with the 1 year anniversary of my MIL passing, so it was almost a somber day, you know?

Anyways.. I haven't brought in a potty yet. Maybe when we get settled in our new place. LIke you said, more to just introduce them to it and to let him test it out if he wants to.

Sara-I say go with the Stoli.
    #1 3/5/05
    #2 2/15/08

I'm here....

Username: Tenny
    Me: Tenny (29)
    Dh: Adam (29)
    Married: 4/11/03
    DS: Andy Cole
    DOB: 4/21/05
    Time: 4:49 p.m.
    Weight: 7lbs, 13 oz
    Length: 20"

QOTD. Is your child showing any interest in the potty? I noticed that Andy will pull at his diaper when he need to go. I have been thinking about getting him a potty, but haven't yet.
    ~Good things come to those who wait, yet the early bird gets the worm?!~
    ~Married 4/11/03~~Baby Boy #1 4/21/05~~Baby Boy #2 7/30/07~

Oh, I just remember a question I had.

Has anyone noticed recently a change in their DC's sleep habits? I just recently read that seperation anxiety peaks at 18 months, so I'm guessing it's all related.. but anyways. My son has always been a good napper/nighttime sleeper. Usually we put him down at night and he would go down without a peep, sometimes a little whimpering, but nothing crazy. This past week he has been SHREIKING when I put him down. I hate hate hate hearing him like that, but it's his normal bedtime, no change in routine really.. so I'm just hoping it's a stage? Last night he only cried for about 4 minutes (goodness knows I was watching that clock!), but it was all out crying. Breaks my heart to hear him like that. He also has his molars coming in, so I'm wondering if it could be the teething as well.

Anyone have any advice?
    #1 3/5/05
    #2 2/15/08

Katie - Thanks for asking.. Umm still no luck on our end. We just keep thinking it is going to happen one day. Crossing fingers for you on the home inspection. Happy 1 1/2 birthday to Evan!!!

Potty - No real interest, that I see. She does come to the bathroom while I am in there. (Now that I think about it, when is the last time I peed in private!!) Anyway, she just stands there and looks at me. She loves to play with the roll of toliet paper. I havent even bought a potty yet. Maybe I will keep my eye out for one on sale and pick it up. I would like to wait till at least we move since I dont want to be doing that in the middle of our move. My sisters friend had her twins both potty trained by 22 months. I give that woman alot of credit. Not really looking forward to it.

Sleep - Lisa, as you know my DD is not that best sleep habit person so I probably am the wrong person to ask. However when she is teething we do have a harder time putting her down at night and waking up in the middle of the night. Lately she has been better, but last week was a nightmare and I saw another molar popping in, plus she has a cold. So I hope for you Connor is just teething and will fall back into his old routine.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Take Care!
    Amy

QOTD: Aidan has not shown interest in the potty per say, but he is showing some early signs of readiness. For the last couple of weeks, right after he poops, he comes over to me and says, "poop." And, a couple of times now, he has said, "poop", I check and he has nothing--but, shortly after he does poop. So, I think he is telling me when he is going to poop.

He's only 16.5 months, so I think it is still pretty early....too early almost. I plan on getting a potty for him when he is about 18 months.

He will go in the bathroom when I am in there and I tell him what I am doing. If he hears me pee, he says, "Water."

I am so unprepared for this aspect of parenting....
    Kim and Tim 10/6/01
    Aidan Stewart 4/29/05
    Baby #2 EDD 6/20/08

Quote Originally Posted by majorgal View Post
    QOTD:
    I am so unprepared for this aspect of parenting....
    I so totally agree with the above Majorgal. I am so unprepared, I pulled out a few parenting magazines that I had that had potty training articles to start preparing myself. Right now she really doesnt show any interest, so I guess it gives me time to read up and get ready.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Ours was nice. Saturday, I met a friend at a local arts festival and me and DD walked around. It was fun they had a kids corner and she really enjoyed herself. We then went to lunch with my friend (who does not have kids!) and she thought it was funny how many things I took out of my bag to entertain DD. She called it a regular show!! lol!! Then Sat my IL's came up to have pizza with us and spend time with DD. Sunday we actually made it to church and then just came home and vegged. DD took a 2 1/2 hour nap so that was very nice. So it is Monday all over again.

No house news... a few lookers but nothing else. Again, not as stressed out with our change of plans, but it would be very nice to sell and be up north before the holidays. Our plan is if we dont sell by beginning of Nov, we will probably take it off the market until after the 1st of the year. We just want to enjoy the holidays. In the long run it probably would be best to move up there in the spring instead of winter, but it would be nice to be near my family for all the holidays. Well in time I guess!!!

Sorry to be long winded... Have a Great Week!

Amy

Lisa How is Connor's sleeping? We just went through a major naptime readjustment last week - his choice, not mine. He went two days without any nap (those were fun days... ). I tried putting him down later as he was still napping late in the morning. Now I'm putting him down about 12 p.m. or so and it seems to be working.

E also does the shrieking thing when he doesn't want to sleep. What's interesting is that we used to be able to CIO with him when he did that - usually after 5 or 10 mins and he would be out. But CIO doesn't work anymore. I was never fond of using that method but it worked well for him. So this doesn't really give you any advice, just sympathizing with you as we are going through changes too.

Amy It looks like you at least have a plan as far as your house goes, that must feel better rather than having it go on and on. When are you planning on moving?

We had the home inspection this weekend and all was clear except for a few minor things that we shouldn't have to worry about. Yea! Now we just have to sit and wait until the end of the month. It is taking forever! We just booked a MUCH NEEDED overnight stay at our favorite B&B just in time for our anniversary next month. I'm so excited to get a night away!

Hi gals! We're here too! Paige will be 18 months on Saturday
    She is a little chatterbox and says everything. Here newest line is "Goog girl Macy" (which is our dog) It's soooo cute!

Where has the time gone!! Our babies are toddlers now! Slow these kids down! LOL.

QOTD - Paige actually went poop and pee in the potty (potty seat/ring for toddlers on top of the toilet) about a month ago (8/17). Basically it was totally spur of the moment. She was making "the face" and I asked her if she wanted to go poo poo on the potty and she said "uh huh". I put her on, she sat and smiled for a second like "this is cool" LOL, and then a few seconds later, she made the face again and I heard a plop and a tinkle I nearly crapped MYSELF LOL.

BUT, that was the one and only time. Of course I haven't really tried again though. I work part time, so since she's back and forth between me, FIL and my sister each week, it's almost pointless to try right now since I can't count on them (mainly my sister) to help continue with the potty training. Soon I will be a full time SAHM, so once that happens I will try, but for now, I don't want to confuse the poor kid LOL.

Acck...lunchtime. BBL
    ~*Julie & Mark*~
    Married - September 21, 2002
    Our daughter *Paige* (PJ) - born March 16th, 2005

Username: Pookie
    Me: 29 (in October)
    Dh: 28/29 in December
    Married: 5/25/02
    DS: Ryan
    DOB:3/15/05
    Time: 1:04 p.m.
    Weight: 6 lbs, 6 ozs
    Length: 18 inches

QOFTD We probably need to get a potty. Ryan will tells us when he goes poop and is very interested in watching us in the bathroom. He's sat on the potty a few times, but nothing has happened.

Morning all...
    So glad to see everyone checking in!

Sleeping- He's still fighting it. As soon as we say, "Okay Connor, time to get ready for bed... or Time to go Night Night".. he'll start running away from me, he literally ran in the kitchen yesterday and stuck himself in a corner, I guess thinking I couldn't see him. Or he flops down in his chair with this pout on his face and gives a little whine. He def. has the "make mommy feel bad" puppy dog look down! But yeah, so for his nap and bedtime when we put him down he stands straight up and cries, but literally for 2 minutes max and then he is out cold. I still hate that he cries, but since it is so short.. I'm thinking it's just the whole not wanting to leave the "action", you know- and not that he is not tired. Connor is a kid though that I always say if you didn't physically put him to bed, he would probably just stay up for 24 hours as he never ACTS tired, he's like the energizer bunny.. he just keeps going and going and going.. I'm always envious of kids I see putting their heads on their mother's shoulder and resting or laying on a couch to rest. lol.

ANYWAYS. Thinking of Koalagirl and hoping she'll check in and give us the news of her new baby!

Katie- So glad the inspection went well. Enjoy your much deserved get away!

We are at the Cape for the rest of the week. My DH finally has his first week long vacation this year! It's nice coming here since we have my parents, so we can do family things during the day and then get out on some much needed date nights in the evening!

Have a great week.
    Lisa
    #1 3/5/05
    #2 2/15/08